Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I want Ullmark, Forbort, and Gryz all traded, I'm fine with rolling with Swayman and a vet back up or giving Bussi a real shot as the back up.

I know people get nervous with having Swayman as the guy but I'm more nervous with Coyle and Zacha as 1-2C's nevermind who's going to be 3C and 4C.
I don't want to see Linus traded. He just won the Vezina after playing well all year. Meanwhile, Swayman took a considerable number of games to get on track. I don't hold Linus accountable for our loss to Florida. I thought our D played with zero authority in front of our net. No goalie can stop shots they can't see, not to mention deflections. Gun to the head, I would part with Swayman first. Don't forget, Linus also bolsters our ofence with goal scoring.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He's already better than anyone of the forwards in Providence will ever be.
How much better and is he worth the cap allocation on an already cap-strapped team? To me, if someone like Lauko or Steen get regular minutes, it's hard not to see them score around 27pts.

I would rather the Bruins use the cap space on a top 6 C/W or top 4D.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Fair.

I hope they all get fired today. That would be good and make me happy.
See everyone, this is how we can all get along.

EM said he doesn’t like three people and that they should be blasted to the sun.

ND suggested gently to EM that perhaps he could put his thoughts in a slightly more affirming way..

EM acknowledge this and said that it was a fair point that ND made. Then amended his comments to say he still wants them shit canned but that it would be a good thing and would make him happy.

This, my friends, is polite discourse and excellent behavior modification. Well done, men.:laugh:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

EM said he doesn’t like three people and that they should be blasted to the sun.

ND suggested gently to EM that perhaps he could put his thoughts in a slightly more affirming way..

EM acknowledge this and said that it was a fair point that ND made. Then amended his comments to say he still wants them shit canned but that it would be a good thing and would make him happy.

This, my friends, is polite discourse and excellent behavior modification. Well done, men.:laugh:
As long as no one capitalizes anything we could make a touch of progress today.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
How much better and is he worth the cap allocation on an already cap-strapped team? To me, if someone like Lauko or Steen get regular minutes, it's hard not to see them score around 27pts.

I would rather the Bruins use the cap space on a top 6 C/W or top 4D.
I can't see him costing more than 1.25m. If he stands between Charlie Coyle being the second line center or a real second line center by all means play Steen/Lysell/Merkulov 5 minutes a night.

I still want Sweeney fired into the sun or thrown into an active volcano

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

I still am nauseated by Zboril's play. Bawhahaha

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Fischer is a solid option if Hathaway moves on. I'd be wary about putting him on the third line of a team looking to compete though. He's a 4th line guy in the mold of like Sean Kuraly, who showed some flashes that maybe he could be a third liner, but was better off being on the fourth.

Reactions: BMC

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Christian Fischer isn't being given a QO from Arizona. He's a guy I wanted the Bruins to add at the TDL. Right shot RW, good size at 6'2/212lb, can play the PK and throw the body. Coming off a 27pt season and only 26yr old. He'd be a good 3rd liner.

Frederic - Coyle - Fischer
For some reason my phone no longer lets me log into this site, but I was trying to post exactly this and that proposed line. Great stuff. I love Fischer and that line just feels right.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Fischer is a solid option if Hathaway moves on. I'd be wary about putting him on the third line of a team looking to compete though. He's a 4th line guy in the mold of like Sean Kuraly, who showed some flashes that maybe he could be a third liner, but was better off being on the fourth.
I like the player too but I feel like he's due for an overpayment on the open market. I think we need to keep the 4th line young and cheap. Get some kids on there that will be hungry to prove something.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I would say he is on the list. I predict Nyquvist because he can play all three forward positions and they have looked at him a couple of times already.
I've been a big fan of Nyquist since I saw him play for Maine vs. Umass when I visited a friend in Amherst years and years ago lol. Forgot he was a UFA, will be interesting to see how he looks after his injury. I'd be all on board to bring him in though.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I would say he is on the list. I predict Nyquvist because he can play all three forward positions and they have looked at him a couple of times already.
As alluded to above, Nyquist has taken 160 faceoffs in his 11 year career.
Over 750 games. He’s not even the first wing brought in when the center is tossed.
He is unequivocally NOT a center

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like the player too but I feel like he's due for an overpayment on the open market. I think we need to keep the 4th line young and cheap. Get some kids on there that will be hungry to prove something.

I've always liked the idea of that but the way the Bruins ( and other contending teams ) roll their 4th line, it may be asking too much for a kid like Beecher to be starting in his own zone 90 percent of the time ala Nosek did last year for us.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wasn't Moore drafted much higher than projected?
Not sure but reading up on him, his NHL comparison is Dylan Larkin and he was the fastest skater in the Draft, played awesome for team USA in the under 18

Edit ;
McKenzie list in early may

In alphabetical order, they were: Brandon Wheat King centre Nate Danielson (No. 15 at mid-season); Vancouver Giant left winger Samuel Honzek (No. 19 at mid-season); U.S. U-18 centre Oliver Moore (No. 11 at mid-season); Swedish defenceman Axel Sandin-Pellikka (No. 17 at mid-season) and Moose Jaw Warrior centre Brayden Yager (No. 7 at mid-season).

TSN’s final 2023 Draft Rankings of 80+ prospects will be released in June, a week prior to the June 28-29 draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If the recent trades are anything to go by, this is not the offseason to try and flip assets for futures. Starting to feel like the best course of action is to try and ride out the bonus overages, try and get into the playoffs on the back of great defense and goaltending while incorporating youth into depth roles, and reevaluate next summer once the cap goes up.

Unless there's a blockbuster, I think that's the plan.

I'm fine with it.

Next offseason will be the one to watch.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad