Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
It would be nice if the Bruins were forward thinking and ditched DeBrusk and got some value back in some draft assets, since he wants to leave so badly and get some grit and draft capital while letting the young guns from Providence get some minutes in the big show. But no...that would make too much sense. It's better to let the players hold the team hostage as they continue the death march to the bottom.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

• I think Boston has one more move in them to clear space. We’ll see.

• With Milan Lucic’s return to Boston all but imminent, it would be wild if Toronto signed Ryan Reaves. I think that’s possible if he does not sign in Minnesota. The Maple Leafs are looking to beef up their bottom six. Reaves and Austin Watson are possibilities. Maybe Miles Wood, too, depending on what he’s looking for.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Some of the rumblings:
• The Panthers have interest in Noah Hanifin, which isn’t surprising given their need for a blue-line upgrade. Anthony Duclair is part of that trade conversation with Calgary, but the Flames have several other teams that have called on Hanifin, and I’m not convinced the Panthers have the best shot at him. But I suspect Hanific would love a reunion with old Flames pals Matthew Tkachuk and Sam Bennett in South Florida. Another team that I’m told has shown interest is the Bruins, but Boston would need to clear cap space.

Reactions: TCB

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It would be nice if the Bruins were forward thinking and ditched DeBrusk and got some value back in some draft assets, since he wants to leave so badly and get some grit and draft capital while letting the young guns from Providence get some minutes in the big show. But no...that would make too much sense. It's better to let the players hold the team hostage as they continue the death march to the bottom.

Is this post from 2020-2021?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

David Poile says he’s been to every NHL Draft but one since 1967 in one form or another, and he can barely remember a quieter first round.
No trades. Not even a pick moving up or down. Crazy, really.
“But tomorrow? There will be a lot happening. I guarantee you that. It’ll be different,” Poile added.

The Panthers have interest in Noah Hanifin, Another team that I’m told has shown interest is the Bruins, but Boston would need to clear cap space.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
You guys are wild, no cap or assets to do anything and you're expecting the moon. We got all the excitement from TDL and it ultimately didn't work out, now we have to dig for scraps. It is what it is
Exactly, which why a retool of some sort is really in order.

Selling Hall for scrapa and overpaying bottom of the roster cannot happen. Which is why I'm apprehensive, as it's happened most of the time during Sweeney's time with what he's done with cap space.

Last edited:

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Florida had 3 or 4 guys doing as they pleased, nobody stepped up to it. Sure looked like the coach didn't want them getting involved with that stuff..Marchand played like a Lady Bing candidate.
And that is why they lost.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I say we still have a window I cant see them not making the playoffs next season. Lots of ways to fill in the holes and we have a strong core of debrusk marchy pasta carlo McAvoy sway ullmark Coyle zacha. That's solid foundation.
Losing Bergeron, Krejci, Hall and Bertuzzi would be a massive downgrade. Enough that any prolonged injuries to just one of Ullmark, McAvoy, Lindholm, Pastrnak, Marchand or DeBrusk they could absolutely maintain their 2024 #1.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Please Donny do not bring back Lucic, he was never fast, but now is 10 times slower and does not even fight anymore, he is toast and should just retire. I do not mind adding some toughness, but go for someone like Kolesar who can also skate decently and play the game as well as play tough.

Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad