9 REINBACHER RD.............25 BONK RD
10 LEONARD RW................26 RITCHIE RC
11 BARLOW LW...................27 WOOD RW
12 MUSTY LW.....................28 STENBERG LW
13 SIMASHEV LD................29 PERREAULT LW
14 DVORSKY LC.................30 GAUTHIER RW
15 YAGER RC.......................31 BRINDLEY RW
16 DANIELSON RC..............32 PERRON RW

* have watched a bit more of Yager recently and might move him to 8-10. Really love the player just wished he produced a bit more to justify a top10 selection. Might be in Canucks range? The things that has got me more bullish is his play away from the puck and his shot and first steps are so NHL translatable.
* Reinbacher has cooled off lately. I was close to putting him at 6 we'll see how he progresses but if he finishes strong and shows well at the combines interviews etc i could see him at 6 as RD are so coveted. May put him there by the end.
* Have switched focus due to losing our picks to more top end heavy scouting. Have watched a bunch more of Benson lately and have some concerns with the way he dominates junior and how/if he will be able to translate the IQ advantage and having great pieces around him to being the guy at the NHL level and expecting his underwhelming tools to produce if not. Sort of a love hate with both him and Cristall in some ways. Obviously incredible junior players just starting to see some flaws.

Given we likely pick 8 or 9 with Demko back and Hronek about to start playing. My trio is Reinbacher Yager and Moore....see how this goes

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Is Heidt projected as a C or a W. I've seen reports of both but size wise he seems to be projected as a winger?

The more I look at this draft the more I really dont like the bottom of the first round. I like a lot of the players in the mid-High first round but the lower guys all seem like projects that you find in the bottom of the first round in most years

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Is Heidt projected as a C or a W. I've seen reports of both but size wise he seems to be projected as a winger?

The more I look at this draft the more I really dont like the bottom of the first round. I like a lot of the players in the mid-High first round but the lower guys all seem like projects that you find in the bottom of the first round in most years
Hard to say...he's such a good facilitator that he's ideal as a pivot but he's also pretty vanilla when you project his tools and skating at the NHL level. I think he's safer as a winger without having to add the heavy lifting of playing C.

I really like Heidt i certainly dont see him as a top15 pick but he's really crafty, smart and could see a 45-55 pt player with proper development.

Last edited:

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Hmmm. If we win the lottery, the choice is simple: Bedard at #1 Fantilli #2. Can't really see an argument in favor of a winger in Michkov that takes 3 years to get to NA over Fantilli. If we don't win the lottery, we're looking at spots 6-10 most likely. There's no sure thing drafting at this position and even in this draft, that holds true. If so, I think you go with the safer pick in Reinbacher if you're addressing immediate team needs. If that is not a consideration, there is still a chance that we can get Michkov and that might be too tempting to pass up. If both are gone, then you you might want to circle back to one of the remaining centers and hope it works out.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I am not jumping on any trains. I think there could still be movement on both where we pick, and what players are probably available.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
If we’re gonna pick around 8-9th id want to grab Moore. Just think his skating and IQ will translate well to the next level. I also think outside the Top 3 Cs he has the best chance to stick at C.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I just want to let everybody know, I am the leader of #TeamReinbacher.

If you would like to join in, feel free to ask me, I’ll send out referrals to all!
Woah woah woah! I’ve been the conductor of the Reinbacher train before anyone else!

Not so fast! I’VE been the hands that knead the dough that brings baker boy to Vancouver. I guess you could say #TeamReinbacher is rising like a warm ball of yeasty bread.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
ok found it

The top 10 with his NHL player comps:

1. Connor Bedard - David Pastrnak
2. Matvei Michkov - Nikita Kucherov
3. Adam Fantilli - Jonathan Toews
4. Leo Carlsson - Miko Rantanen
5. Nate Danielson - Dylan Cozens
6. Will Smith - Evgeny Kuznetsov
7. David Reinbacher - Brett Pesci
8. Daniil But - Alex Tuch
9. Colby Barlow - Carter Verhaeghe
10. Samuel Honzek - Pavel Zacha

Re:
Carlsson - Surprised he sees him as a winger.
Danielson - Like it. I Really like him too just not this much. My struggle is he gets a large amount of PP pts and is not super dynamic and is the oldest player in the first round. But he looks like a solid #2/3 C not as far ahead as Cozens was at the same age but close
But - really have no clue what this guy is haven't seen enough to be in my top15 huge frame wheels and hands but i've seen many a Russians with that package that dont project that well in a small areas IQ game like the NHL
Barlow - Makes sense here. He could almost play next year. upside is the only issue
Honzek - Eww. Not that bullish on Honzek at all. See more of a 3rd liner with some outside top6 potential on a long development path.

Last edited:

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Not sure how you get Pastrnak from Bedard. I think he's more like Stamkos if he was built for the modern NHL.

Kucherov for Michkov is exactly the comparable I'd use though.

Reactions: canuckking1

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Not sure how you get Pastrnak from Bedard. I think he's more like Stamkos if he was built for the modern NHL.

Kucherov for Michkov is exactly the comparable I'd use though.
Bedard is like a fusion between Kuch and Stamkos IMO.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
For me there’s a real clear top 7 right now. Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Carlson, Smith, Reinbacher, Benson). Unfortunately we seem to be on the verge of a winning streak and there is a good chance we draft outside too 7.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I could see us drafting Dvorsky if we pick around 10… seems like a player this organization would target. Hockey sense and good work ethic big center

Seems like a low risk / low ceiling pick

• Haha
Reactions: lawrence
Feb 19, 2018
Wherever we land we’ve dug a deep enough hole to get a good player. If we land Reinbacher and the trade for Hronek we just rebuild our RHD situation going forward.

If we target Moore then we just landed a 2C who has the speed game we want to play. Lots of options and this off-season/draft is going to be a ton of fun.

Did everyone realize the Islanders have the 2nd most points since acquiring Horvat with a 10-3-3 record? It’s looking like the pick will be diverted to this year and around 18-20 if the trend continues and they are playing like they could do some damage in the Playoffs with Sorokin in net.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
ok found it

The top 10 with his NHL player comps:

1. Connor Bedard - David Pastrnak
2. Matvei Michkov - Nikita Kucherov
3. Adam Fantilli - Jonathan Toews
4. Leo Carlsson - Miko Rantanen
5. Nate Danielson - Dylan Cozens
6. Will Smith - Evgeny Kuznetsov
7. David Reinbacher - Brett Pesci
8. Daniil But - Alex Tuch
9. Colby Barlow - Carter Verhaeghe
10. Samuel Honzek - Pavel Zacha

Re:
Carlsson - Surprised he sees him as a winger.
Danielson - Like it. I Really like him too just not this much. My struggle is he gets a large amount of PP pts and is not super dynamic and is the oldest player in the first round. But he looks like a solid #2/3 C not as far ahead as Cozens was at the same age but close
But - really have no clue what this guy is haven't seen enough to be in my top15 huge frame wheels and hands but i've seen many a Russians with that package that dont project that well in a small areas IQ game like the NHL
Barlow - Makes sense here. He could almost play next year. upside is the only issue
Honzek - Eww. Not that bullish on Honzek at all. See more of a 3rd liner with some outside top6 potential on a long development path.
Is Brett Pesci related to Joe?

I’m all for Reinbacher if we are outside the Top 6.

Still pissed we don’t have another 1st but maybe someone comes after Miller at the Draft if they get bounced early.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Canucks sitting in 7th…. Likely pass St. Louis for 8th then move down 2 spots…. Everyone should be focused on the 10th overall pick….

If Reinbacher is available you take him all day…. I’m guessing he goes 5-7 though…
I'm predicting the Canucks wind up 9th last, which I feel is a lucky position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad