Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Have to admit. MacFarland has been impressive so far. It would also be less irritating if they actually drafted a couple of prospects. The exploitation in the market correction that is occurring due to GMs hoarding players, has me less worried. I'm actually a little proud MacFarland was the first to exploit this.

Reactions: Hasbro

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think the Avs will keep one of these 3 picks and use the other two in trade(s).

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
If the Flyers are basically full sell I'd go after Tippett and stick him next to Ryjo+Nuke. Maybe Avs will finally move up to truly solve the 2C long term and get Yager/Danielson. If they had actually moved up like rumoured to get Schneider they wouldn't have needed to give Manson that iffy contract.

Reactions: Chiarelli

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Since the Newhook trade, hearing Brindley's name a lot.
I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch a lot video since you've mentioned this but I've read several scouting reoports.

He kind of sounds like a middle six Lehkonen. Just relentless forechecking and solid defensive play. 38 points in 41 NCAA games as an 18 year isn't something to sneeze at either.

[edit...How far up can our 2 1sts and 2nd get us? I hesitate to include a player because then it would become even more team specific. I doubt they get us into the top 10; but realistically is there any team in the top 15 that would consider trading down. I feel like I would be more comfortable allowing our amateur scouts to take a stab at a top 15 talent vs three much lower talents, but don't think anything above #15 would be worth sacrificing the quantity of picks over. Still hope to see the majority of this "loot" used in player upgrades, though.]

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Currently, the Avalanche have picks #27 and #31 in the first round. IF THEY KEEP THESE PICKS, I'm hoping for BPA Center at #27 and BPA goalie at #31 :)

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Draft a player at 27.

Trade 31 for 2 mid/later 2nd round picks

Between the end of the first round and the start of the second round tomorrow, trade one of the acquired 2nd rounders for another player. An unsigned RFA, or a player under contract that that Avs pay the 2nd to have that team retain salary.

Draft a player with the remaining 2nd.

Could really see this ending up what happens over the next couple of days.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I’m hoping for a favorable middle- and late- first round that sees Honzek available at 27, Edstrom at 31 (or vice-versa). I’d be equally happy with a few other names, but and fully confident the Avs will come up with some way to draft off the board (or hopefully trade the picks!)

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Trade those first rounders. When's the last time Avs drafted anyone of note in the 15-32 range? Exactly.

Avs are in WIN NOW mode. Get some help for right now.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Trade those first rounders. When's the last time Avs drafted anyone of note in the 15-32 range? Exactly.

Avs are in WIN NOW mode. Get some help for right now.
Well, we drafted Alex Newhook, who's so good he returned a 1st AND a 2nd...

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Here's my top 5 reasons why the Avs should use both first rounders on Kaut. You might say wait a minute trading two first rounders for Kaut is an insane overpayment! I agree that it is not a move the Avs should make. Instead they should use both first rounders to draft Kaut. Twice.

1) we don't get our hopes up that the picks turn into a decent NHLer

2) he's under contract with another team so doesn't waste a contract spot

3) won't waste training camp or rookie camp spots

4) they can trade him for Nieto who played on the second line in the playoffs

5) no cap hit

Reactions: Murzu and BrickNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad