Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't do any research assuming the Avs wouldn't be making a pick in the first few rounds and now they're currently schedule to pick three times in the top 40. I imagine they'll be making at least one of those picks now so who do you guys like in that range? Anyone to keep an eye on?

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
So I kind of ignored the draft this year because I didn't think we'd be making any relevant picks....
I’d say still a decent chance we won’t be. I’d say they’ll keep at least one of those top 40 picks GM will want that out of ego. Minimum one pick should be moved for a roster player. Or package them move up to a spot where you get an ELC that can step in not sure if that is even possible tho.

Subzero

Jul 28, 2006
Colorado
Since Klippenstein has never drafted a forward shorter than 6'2, and recent additions of RyJo and Oloffson both being at least 6'2, you'd have to think that they come out of the draft with at least 2 of Musty, Ritchie, Halttunen, Edstrom, Wahlberg or Stramel.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
As I mentioned in the other thread - after taking the year off completely last year (when we only had a 6th or 7th round pick) I've been watching a bunch of games the past few weeks to get familiar with the draft even though I wasn't expecting the Avs to keep the pick. So with today's news, I can't frikkin' wait until tomorrow night!!

While it's not even close to the same extent as I used to watch, I'll be posting my thoughts on some prospects before the draft tomorrow. :)

Love some of the names in this draft :
Will "Get Jiggy with It" Smith
Nate "Mr. Miaggi" Danielson
Roman Kukumberg ?

Reactions: 95snipes

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Where would you rate Brindley? What’s your take on him?
He's in the range of these picks. I don't like his skating and that'll hurt him, especially those that think he'll be at center eventually. I think he's defensively flawed, but not for effort reasons. Offensively he's skilled... and he's an absolute buzzsaw. He's a Cam Atkinson sort of prospect... just the boom or bust if he's the NHL or AHL version. At 37, I'd be fine with the shot... higher than that I'd start to question.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Since the Newhook trade, hearing Brindley's name a lot.
Solid player, maybe overproduced being on an extremely gifted Michigan team that flooded the NCAA with offensive waves this past season than what I think his true talent is. Personally, I rather go for players who drop than grab ones from behind, but he's good. Picture someone like Zuccarello, but with more bite (E: I like Hench's Atkinson one).

He's in the range of these picks. I don't like his skating and that'll hurt him, especially those that think he'll be at center eventually. I think he's defensively flawed, but not for effort reasons. Offensively he's skilled... and he's an absolute buzzsaw. He's a Cam Atkinson sort of prospect... just the boom or bust if he's the NHL or AHL version. At 37, I'd be fine with the shot... higher than that I'd start to question.
I think a team will like him enough to be a 1st rounder, perhaps Avs are one of those teams. We loved Mitch Heard, which is sort of in the same style of prospects.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad