2023 NHL draft prospects

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
NO problem, but I heard that Swedes would like to get him citizenship so he could represent Sweden.. as a Slovak fan I hope this will not happen.
I understand you. Better for the world of hockey if he stays as a slovak. My opinion. But that´s business i guess. I will try to travel to Linköping next month to watch him and some of the other ones i listed at Folke Filbyter trophy in Linköping.

Last edited:

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I understand you. Better for the world of hockey if he stays as a slovak. My opinion. But that´s business i guess. I will try to travel to Linköping next month to watch him and some of the other ones i listed that Folke Filbyter trophy in Linköping.

Yes I agree with you, you have dozens of talents, Slovaks currently only few. Hopefully it will get better in the future and we will also be able to develop NHL players in our home hockey development system. Please give some report on the listed players after that Folke Filbyter trophy in Linköping :)

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Yes I agree with you, you have dozens of talents, Slovaks currently only few. Hopefully it will get better in the future and we will also be able to develop NHL players in our home hockey development system. Please give some report on the listed players after that Folke Filbyter trophy in Linköping :)
If we love the game of hockey and strive for the game to grove we need more countries up there with the best. Than we need to start with the clubs and the development of the young kids at home, where they live. Not shipping them around. Off course i will come up with a report!

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Did he live only in Sweden? Or also in Slovakia? Did he played for some minor age Slovak team? And the very important questions: What will he do? To play for Sweden or Slovakia?

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
You have to ask his agent Radek Hamr i guess. I hope he wants Dalibor all the best.

Teaspoon salami

Oct 6, 2019
I realize it’s a little harder to tell for goalies, but is there anyone who stands out to anyone as a step above the rest?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Not sure if he's been mentioned yet but Kole Lind's little brother Kalan has been destroying the bantam loop in Sask.

Kalan Lind at eliteprospects.com

They just recently moved him up to midget. Will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Not familiar with this league but looks like he's been tearing it up for three years now. You would think they'd move him up earlier.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not familiar with this league but looks like he's been tearing it up for three years now. You would think they'd move him up earlier.

Someone told me he's really tiny right now. Like 5'4, 100 lbs so they likely held him back because he'd get crushed. But they also said he's an insanely fast skater. But his brother is 6'1 so maybe he will hit a growth spurt soon. He's got far better numbers then Kole had and at a younger age.

Reactions: Dominance

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Someone told me he's really tiny right now. Like 5'4, 100 lbs so they likely held him back because he'd get crushed. But they also said he's an insanely fast skater. But his brother is 6'1 so maybe he will hit a growth spurt soon. He's got far better numbers then Kole had and at a younger age.
Kalan is about 5'9 140 right now and he hasn't been moved up to midget full time as Brayden Yager and Riley Heidt were the 2 sask kids to get the exemption to play up with the Contacts. Kalan is very talented but had consistency issues last year. If he becomes more consistent he'll likely be a top 10 bantam pick. A couple of the higher end kids play a couple games up in midget when their teams aren't playing

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kalan is about 5'9 140 right now and he hasn't been moved up to midget full time as Brayden Yager and Riley Heidt were the 2 sask kids to get the exemption to play up with the Contacts. Kalan is very talented but had consistency issues last year. If he becomes more consistent he'll likely be a top 10 bantam pick. A couple of the higher end kids play a couple games up in midget when their teams aren't playing

I was shown a video of him and he looked really tiny. I'll ask the person who showed me when it was taken because he was a full 5 inches shorter than a few of the players on the ice. But he was quick. Yager seems like he could be a top 3 pick in the WHL draft coming up.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It certainly is interesting watching all these players who've not yet accomplished anything significant appear on Eliteprospects 2023 but there still are no Finnish players. Not even Tuomas Uronen who's at 2 PPG in CSM Q as an underager. Jesse Nurmi is another who comes to mind.

I wonder if some Saskatchewan fan is adding them to Eliteprospects or something. I'll be very interested in seeing whether any of these players(Kalan Lind and co.) end up being significant in any manner in a couple of years. Destroying Bantam at his age certainly doesn't strike me as anything even remotely impressive.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It certainly is interesting watching all these players who've not yet accomplished anything significant appear on Eliteprospects 2023 but there still are no Finnish players. Not even Tuomas Uronen who's at 2 PPG in CSM Q as an underager. Jesse Nurmi is another who comes to mind.

I wonder if some Saskatchewan fan is adding them to Eliteprospects or something. I'll be very interested in seeing whether any of these players(Kalan Lind and co.) end up being significant in any manner in a couple of years. Destroying Bantam at his age certainly doesn't strike me as anything even remotely impressive.

There are definitely a lot of 2023 prospect missing from their main list. No idea who makes their main list and why they choose the players they choose. But yeah Canadians doing things in Canada is super unimpressive, only Finnish players doing things in Finland is impressive. :rolleyes:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I was shown a video of him and he looked really tiny. I'll ask the person who showed me when it was taken because he was a full 5 inches shorter than a few of the players on the ice. But he was quick. Yager seems like he could be a top 3 pick in the WHL draft coming up.
Last year Lind was about 5'5 but he grew over the summer. Bantam site has him listed at 5'10 but probably isn't quite that tall. Yager is the main challenger to Bedard and I know of at least 1 WHL team who currently has Yager ahead of Bedard atm. Heidt will also be a likely top 5, maybe top 3 pick. After an ok year last year Sask has a insane 05 group that will likely have somewhere from 5-8 1sts this year after 1 last year(Korchinski was the 1 first but it should've been Gronick)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Last year Lind was about 5'5 but he grew over the summer. Bantam site has him listed at 5'10 but probably isn't quite that tall. Yager is the main challenger to Bedard and I know of at least 1 WHL team who currently has Yager ahead of Bedard atm. Heidt will also be a likely top 5, maybe top 3 pick. After an ok year last year Sask has a insane 05 group that will likely have somewhere from 5-8 1sts this year after 1 last year(Korchinski was the 1 first but it should've been Gronick)

It's going to be hard to challenge Bedard with how much he is destroying the CSSHL this year. He'll likely finish with higher numbers than Savoie did at this rate, though his team is stacked.

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018

Never seen Yager but the fact that he is playing up in Sask Midget AAA (SMAAAHL) a league of 15-17 year olds and is tied for 2nd in scoring at 14 years old is crazy.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I mean US

first rounders taken in 2023 are 13 and 14 years old right now

Nah, they are 14-15. Some of them will play in the CHL/MHL next year.

I'd say, out of all these kids Michkov looks the most impressive right now. He's doing way better than Ovechkin, Kucherov, Gusev did in the same league.

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
are we really scouting 13/14 year olds?

sure! why not. when I first heard of Crosby he was 13. never saw him play (live) until he made it to the Q.

then on a short trip to Toronto a friend suggested over dinner on the Danforth we take in a GTHL game where there was this 14 year old superstar in the making. That player was McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad