Emil Kuusla
Emil Järventie
Jesse Nurmi
Max Sormo
Janne Peltonen
Valtteri Lehtosaari

Marcus Petroff

May 7, 2019
Colby Barlow will be the next OHL exceptional player status. And he’ll be drafted top 10 in the NHL draft. So good, you have to watch him to see how good he is.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Interesting names from finland:
Eetu Levänen
Emil Kuusla
Emil Järventie
Jesse Nurmi
Max Sormo
Janne Peltonen
Valtteri Lehtosaari
At least Arttu Alasiurua as well. The Scouting News said that he's a top 20 forward.

hockeygoon123

Jun 23, 2019
What about the goalies? Especially from Finland i heard there was some good goalies. Here are their names.
Henri Karpinen
Noa Vali
Rony Hirvela
Niilo Leskinen
Cristopher Rembetti
These are the main names ive heard.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Finland seems to have become quite a development destination for Slovak and maybe Czech players(including very young ones). I was going over the game sheets from the Finnish junior leagues' opening weekend and was surprised by how many Slavic names there were. And most of the time when I checked their eliteprospects page these kids had played previously in Slovakia, so they aren't the Finnish-born sons of central-European immigrants.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Finland seems to have become quite a development destination for Slovak and maybe Czech players(including very young ones). I was going over the game sheets from the Finnish junior leagues' opening weekend and was surprised by how many Slavic names there were. And most of the time when I checked their eliteprospects page these kids had played previously in Slovakia, so they aren't the Finnish-born sons of central-European immigrants.
Noticed that too, a lot of czechs moving to Finland

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

That's the product of having a good development system. Other countries who don't have quite as good structure and facilities start jumping on board. It's a good thing. But hopefully the Slovaks can turn it around and get their development systems on track.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
That's the product of having a good development system. Other countries who don't have quite as good structure and facilities start jumping on board. It's a good thing. But hopefully the Slovaks can turn it around and get their development systems on track.
What sorts of fees would parents of these kids be paying the Finnish clubs at this age? High level hockey is expensive enough, but when a kid goes from Czechia and Slovakia to a country with(I assume) a much higher cost of living, just covering room and board for the kid would be hard, especially in one of the larger Finnish cities.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What sorts of fees would parents of these kids be paying the Finnish clubs at this age? High level hockey is expensive enough, but when a kid goes from Czechia and Slovakia to a country with(I assume) a much higher cost of living, just covering room and board for the kid would be hard, especially in one of the larger Finnish cities.

I've been lead to believe that he teams cover quite a bit of the costs in most European countries. It's not like Canada or the US.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Czech Radek Koblizek moved here as a kid (15y), lenghty article from last summer about his experience here:

Radek Koblizek - "Be patient!"

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

A logical concern for these cases would be if the coaches are more biased towards the Finnish players for ice time. In North America this is typically not the case everything is driven by money and winning but I'm not sure how it is in Finland/Europe.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad