HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Once again the Leafs showing us that talent without heart is useless, pick wisely.
The same was being said of Yzerman's redwings and Stamkos' lightning.

They're heartless until they're not and nothing really changed.

That's just something good ol' canadian boys like to say.

Reactions: ginomini

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just looked at Corey Pronmans list on Athletic... God its bad.

He has Reinbacher has a "NHL average" for shot and skating.
He has Fantillis skating as "NHL average
He has Leo Carlssons hockey sense as "Above NHL average"
His comparable for Dvorsky is William Karlsson ?
He has Daniil But 9th with an Alex Tuch comparison and a NHL average through all his skills (Meaning his shot = his hands)
He has Simashev 10th and somehow forgot to rank his shot, lmao. Gabe Perrault 11th and somehow forgot to rank his shot.
He has Yagers skating as NHL average.

At this point, I feel like writing to the Athletics directly, this is a f***ing joke and thank god I only paid 2 bucks for this crap.

The same was being said of Yzerman's redwings and Stamkos' lightning.

They're heartless until they're not and nothing really changed.

That's just something good ol' canadian boys like to say.
And the Caps.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
If the Habs pick top 3 and get one of the top 4 I wont say a freaking word. I don't care, Ill just be John Cena listening to Cupid.

We can't pick 3rd or 4th. Only 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th or 7th.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
But seriously, where would everyone take Halttunen? He's as pure a tools bet as there is in this draft, no tool box to speak of yet.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But seriously, where would everyone take Halttunen? He's as pure a tools bet as there is in this draft, no tool box to speak of yet.
As I said yesterday, its after 20 and Im fine with it, but if I want a size queen pick before 30 I want Honzek, Musty or Ritchie.

He is my favorite big man on the board after those, I think. Gotta say that I really like Wahlberg though.

I see him, But, Wahlberg, Pekarcik, Edstrom, Nelson, Suniev, Lipinsky as the size bets you can have after the 32nd pick and IMO Haltunnen has the best set out of all these. He's money if he finds the said tool box, and he's probably useful too if he doesn't.

He's the exact opposite of But to me, But is all head and very little skills (Hands aside), its tough to know where to go with these guys.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes. I am much more likely to want us to trade for Dubois this summer.

If we don't, my approach to the draft becomes wildly more speculative knowing that we've already won the entire thing already. Pure upside with every pick, who cares if they all bust.
Thats what itll take to be competitive if we dont win a top 3 pick and dont snag michkov :(

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Thats what itll take to be competitive if we dont win a top 3 pick and dont snag michkov :(

I kinda think we might be in that position already. We have Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, whoever our first pick is, and hopefully Dubois. If you look at our prospect pool, we've got lots of guys who can conceivably play 3rd line and chip in some goals, but basically only guys with an outside chance at being better than what we already have in our top 6.

On defence I think we're pretty solid. Engström had a huge year this year, Mailloux, Barron, Guhle, and honestly who cares about the bottom pairing, you can fill that from free agency and the waiver wire.

We might as well pick guys who, if they hit, are a big deal.

Reactions: Mrb1p and bcv

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No but there will be on this board. It’ll start a shouting match like last year. Then the Habs will take Wood and make everyone sad.
We are gonna draft Fantilli.

Slaf-Fantilli-Roy as the top line in Laval next year :)

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
We can't pick 3rd or 4th. Only 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th or 7th.
For us to pick third the 12 place team (Ottawa) has to win the 1st draw- they move up to 2nd (max 10 spots) Anaheim then retains no 1. We win the 2nd draw but now 1st and second are locked in so we would get 3rd.

The probablity is less than 1%. 1st Ottawa has to win with something like a 2.5% probability and then we need to win with a 10% probability (note % changes a bit in second draw now that ottawa/anaheim is out) so we have a bit les than 0.3% chance of 3rd

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I kinda think we might be in that position already. We have Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, whoever our first pick is, and hopefully Dubois. If you look at our prospect pool, we've got lots of guys who can conceivably play 3rd line and chip in some goals, but basically only guys with an outside chance at being better than what we already have in our top 6.

On defence I think we're pretty solid. Engström had a huge year this year, Mailloux, Barron, Guhle, and honestly who cares about the bottom pairing, you can fill that from free agency and the waiver wire.

We might as well pick guys who, if they hit, are a big deal.
Yeah I do agree. Now to define what we mean by "Hitting and being a big deal". Is a PPG player enough ? Is a #3 D enough ? Is a 35-35 winger enough ?

Id have Leonard and Dvorsky in the group of players that I think would be "redundant". Of course, having good players is never redundant, but I struggle to see a scenario where either of those come in and rank ahead of Suzuki and Caufield in the offensive hierarchy. Even ahead of Dach ?

Bedard, Michkov, Carlsson, Fantilli, Benson, Reinbacher, Wood are my go to booms at 5-6-7.

Im not even sure Smith has that actual upside that would make him worthwile for a team like the Habs. Does he really do something different than Suzuki ?

Thats part of the reason why Ive looked at Cristall, Benson, Smith, Wood and Lardis so much, because these guys have a real shot at becoming better than Suzuki/Caufield and landing ahead in the hierarchy.

We are gonna draft Fantilli.

Slaf-Fantilli-Roy as the top line in Laval next year :)
I doubt Fantilli goes to the AHL, Im pretty sure hes ready for mid-6 duties to replace Dvorak.

The second the Habs get a top 2 pick they need to be on the phone trying to acquire talent. Dubois, Barbachev, ROR, Dumba, Meier, Athanasiou, Orlov, Severson, etc.

We f***ing compete and give the kids tools to grow, these tools being good-ass vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad