HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Whelp, looks like we'll get a pick in the 29-32 range from Florida this year.

Lots of good players at that range, and we might get some surprising fallers at that spot that we wouldn't want to pass on, but I think I'd target a forward at that point in the draft.

Someone like Otto Stenberg falling a little would be nice. I loved his play at the World Juniors, he's got nice skills to go along a good brain for the ice, nice mobility, and while no behemoth he holds his own physically.

Stenberg could be a good player in the NHL in a couple of years if he progresses well.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Lots of good players at that range, and we might get some surprising fallers at that spot that we wouldn't want to pass on, but I think I'd target a forward at that point in the draft.

Someone like Otto Stenberg falling a little would be nice. I loved his play at the World Juniors, he's got nice skills to go along a good brain for the ice, nice mobility, and while no behemoth he holds his own physically.

Stenberg could be a good player in the NHL in a couple of years if he progresses well.
Im not expecting Stenberg to drop late 1st, he is likely gone mid 1st. One will drop though, Brindley, Edstrom, Honzek, Wahlberg, Strbak, Willander, Bjarnason...

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

He reminds me of Daniel Alfredson for some reason. I think he'll be a player for sure. He probably will be gone though. Edstrom or honzek would be a nice grab. That swedish team had a lot of undervalued talent.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Am I of the few here that thinks Fantilli could bust and feel that Carlsson projects as the better player?

Fantilli, could he be just physically dominating the competition in the NCAA so it's hiding his flaws and weaknesses?

I see a lot of Malkin in Carlsson. In terms of style and some of the plays he makes.
Carlsson is nowhere near as explosive as young Malkin. I get the concern with Fantilli, but think it’s more that he could be slightly disappointing as opposed to an actual bust. Think Jack Eichel.

Reactions: Jabba11

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
29 is Hunter Brzustewicz range.
Also Tom Willander range.
Also Nick Lardis range.
Also Jayden Perron range.
Also Gabe Perrault range.
Quentin Musty range.
Also Kasper Haltunnen range.
Also Dmitri Simashev range.
Also Gavin Brindley range.
Also Juraj Pekarcic range.
Also Otto Stenberg range.
Also Koehnn Zimmer range.
Alsob tienne Morin range.
Also Ethan Gauthier range.
Also Alexander Rykov range.

Honestly Ill be happy with whoever the Habs pick I think.
Exactly..last year in the late 1st round saw Mesar, Bystedt, Lambert etc. There will still be lots of talent available

Reactions: Mrb1p and Habsrule

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I really hope Habs get the 2nd OA pick just so I can see this board descend into civil war like last year
I do feel as though getting the 2nd pick is meant to be for us. Bedard feels too good to be true. 2nd pick will be a slight kick in the nuts but still an amazing result, and as you said the Carlsson vs Fantilli debates on this board feel like destiny.

I’m terms of Fantilli vs Carlsson, as much as I want to fight over it I do think they both end up roughly the same calibre of player. I’d pick Fantilli, but would truly be happy with either.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
As much as I am rooting for FLA to lose to get the better pick, I won't deny that the Leafs meltdown has been and continue to be extremely satisfying to witness.

We'll see who's there at 29-32 but I'm confident we can get a solid prospect (that is if we don't package the pick for PLD)

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
As much as I am rooting for FLA to lose to get the better pick, I won't deny that the Leafs meltdown has been and continue to be extremely satisfying to witness.

We'll see who's there at 29-32 but I'm confident we can get a solid prospect (that is if we don't package the pick for PLD)
Ya leafs not winning a game in the second round after getting out of the first finally is an absolutely hilarious result I had not considered. Is it even the 2nd round if you don’t win a game???

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not just Cozens, but we heard similar stuff about Beniers too. Fantilli is a heck of a player. 3rd freshman to win the Hobey Baker. Ideal size, centre. He’d be the consensus #1 pick in any other year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Am I of the few here that thinks Fantilli could bust and feel that Carlsson projects as the better player?

Fantilli, could he be just physically dominating the competition in the NCAA so it's hiding his flaws and weaknesses?

I see a lot of Malkin in Carlsson. In terms of style and some of the plays he makes.
Carlsosn is great too, so mind you, Im not trashing him here.

I really wanted to have Leo ahead of Adam, but I just cant. Not for the life of me. I wanted so bad to subscribe to the idea that he was just overdevelopped, but its not it. Fantilli is just great.

He could disappoint, of course, he could be a mere 50 points 2C, but Id say its highly unlikely.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Willander is a guy we should target with the Panthers pick. But, I no longer see a strong possibility of him being available there.

f***kķkkk

I ain't down with the get the goalie pick there, I'd go for that at 37 personally
I feel like the top D in this draft are overrated, but Willander is underrated. I wouldn't be surprised some team picks him top 15.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The way Florida is playing that pick is going to be #31 or #32. They're winning ECF.
Panthers have good team though. Barkov and Thachuk. Montour been playing like a star. Carter V playing out of his mind. Bennett showing why he was high pick. They fleeced Calgary in both those two big trades. Tkachuk best player in game. Huberdeau coming off career year, they got maximum value for him.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Maybe, except Fantilli was also playing against player 5, or even 6 years ikder than him, so it wasn't just "man size" against a lot of players who don't have it, like you'll see from CHL leagues.

Reactions: JAVO16

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I really hope this thread reaches a consensus after tonight. #1 and any debate can end. I suppose we can discuss who we are taking 29-32 still. But this thread will slow to a crawl.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I really hope this thread reaches a consensus after tonight. #1 and any debate can end. I suppose we can discuss who we are taking 29-32 still. But this thread will slow to a crawl.
Even if where at 2, I don’t think where gonna fight each others that much. Some will prefer Fantilli but will be fine with Carlsson and some will prefer Carlsson but will be fine with Fantilli

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Even if where at 2, I don’t think where gonna fight each others that much. Some will prefer Fantilli but will be fine with Carlsson and some will prefer Carlsson but will be fine with Fantilli
And some will prefer Michkov (me). But regardless #2 will be amazing as well.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
One player I would really like with a middle pick that I just discover recently is Tanner Ludtke

I don't think he's a futur superstar but I see a futur really good bottom 6 C who can play specific mission as his floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad