Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
People were convinced Sam Reinhart was a good pick before Leon Draisaitl. It will take time to really see who is a winner in the specific pick no matter how strong we feel one way or the other right now.

Whatever the outcome, I just hope we have a decent reason for it. Not just "he's a quarter inch taller" or "he played really well in the Worlds".

Steve7812

Feb 5, 2018
New York
Pronman said on the latest Athletic podcast his final mock draft will be out in the morning and just the typical talk that he's still hearing that half league think Fantilli and other Carlsson. Only 26 more hours till this gets put to bed.

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm going to enjoy watching the meltdown when we select Carlsson. Its going to be like McTavish all over again.

I think PV values size and hockey IQ which would put Carlsson ahead of Fantilli.

heh. I don't know if it'll be on that level. The majority thought McTavish was Nick Ritchie 2.0 and undeserving of being selected in the top-10, let alone the top-5. With Carlsson, he's projected as the consensus #3 with a few outliers to be #2. The meltdown would not be as severe, especially since there are many more piping the possibility of Carlsson going #2.

I have a preference for Carlsson, but I think Fantilli fits PV's vision the best of fast, physical, and tenacious. We have enough talent to mask some of Fantilli's flaws. IMO, Carlsson will stay at center, but if Fantilli doesn't develop his hockey sense, then he'd still be a top flight, scoring winger. It's a win-win with either player.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
heh. I don't know if it'll be on that level. The majority thought McTavish was Nick Ritchie 2.0 and undeserving of being selected in the top-10, let alone the top-5. With Carlsson, he's projected as the consensus #3 with a few outliers to be #2. The meltdown would not be as severe, especially since there are many more piping the possibility of Carlsson going #2.

I have a preference for Carlsson, but I think Fantilli fits PV's vision the best of fast, physical, and tenacious. We have enough talent to mask some of Fantilli's flaws. IMO, Carlsson will stay at center, but if Fantilli doesn't develop his hockey sense, then he'd still be a top flight, scoring winger. It's a win-win with either player.
No one thought mctavish was nick Ritchie I think most of us just hadn’t come to terms with the fact that we werent going to be able to draft an elite offensive forward in that slot.

I’m glad we have him now of course but it’s easy to see him as having a way lower ceiling than whomever we pick tomorrow for example.

And kudos to you on being early in on mctavish. That’s one of the few thing I remember about that season haha

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Pronman said on the latest Athletic podcast his final mock draft will be out in the morning and just the typical talk that he's still hearing that half league think Fantilli and other Carlsson. Only 26 more hours till this gets put to bed.
This just tells me half the league has Carlsson as 2 on their list.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
No one thought mctavish was nick Ritchie I think most of us just hadn’t come to terms with the fact that we werent going to be able to draft an elite offensive forward in that slot.

I’m glad we have him now of course but it’s easy to see him as having a way lower ceiling than whomever we pick tomorrow for example.

And kudos to you on being early in on mctavish. That’s one of the few thing I remember about that season haha
This. I didn’t think he was Ritchie, I just felt cheated with having someone who the vast majority of pundits described as a future 2C as the 3rd overall pick.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This. I didn’t think he was Ritchie, I just felt cheated with having someone who the vast majority of pundits described as a future 2C as the 3rd overall pick.
The thing about that draft was that it was the lockout year and the vast majority of pundits hadn't seen most of the players they were ranking. It was truly a draft that only scouts who had watched these kids since they were 15 could get a handle on. Once NHL Central Scouting put McTavish #2 on their list I knew he would be a Duck.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Wasn’t even really that, it was some/half were convinced it’s gonna be Fantilli and others/half weren’t convinced of that. Subtle but important difference IMO.

Reactions: Kalv

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl

I remember back you, Pepper, myself and a few others were pro McTavish. Majority wanted Eklund

It's unreal Anaheim top to bottom has has one of the smallest softest lineups in the league. You have a rare chance to draft a 1st line #1 pick talent with size and toughness. Of course you pick the gentle friendly giant who is also rated lower. You can't make this stuff up we all know Verbeeks MO I've called this way back. I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking good

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Ducks interviewed Michkov this week? I believe on read on the Columbus board that the BJ's did not.

Steve7812

Feb 5, 2018
New York
Wasn’t even really that, it was some/half were convinced it’s gonna be Fantilli and others/half weren’t convinced of that. Subtle but important difference IMO.
My bad was mainly making a point that much hasnt changed on what he was hearing from last which in his mock draft he said half fantilli half carlsson. I could have just posted the podcast instead of paraphrasing lol

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I'm still very high on McTavish being our best pick regardless who we draft tomorrow. Fantilli is fast, tenacious, physical, and a goal scorer. Carlsson has soft hands around the net, great vision, great passing, and uses his body well in puck protection/acquisition. McTavish is the blend of both players being a physical goal scorer who is great in puck protection/acquisition, soft hands around the net, good vision, and great passing. And like Carlsson, McTavish's scoring got better in playoffs in Europe with Olten in the NL-B in his draft year.

With McTavish having a proper summer off, I can't wait to see how he plays this year. Hopefully, it'll be a huge jump like Zegras had a huge jump in his second season in the pros.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Does anyone know if the Ducks interviewed Michkov this week? I believe on read on the Columbus board that the BJ's did not.
I feel like i remember reading somewhere we did(but can’t find anything).

I’d be shocked if we didn’t at least interview him.

Idk if I’d want to draft him, even if he found a way to come over…. Winger help is easy to find… bud centers is tough

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I remember back you, Pepper, myself and a few others were pro McTavish. Majority wanted Eklund

It's unreal Anaheim top to bottom has has one of the smallest softest lineups in the league. You have a rare chance to draft a 1st line #1 pick talent with size and toughness. Of course you pick the gentle friendly giant who is also rated lower. You can't make this stuff up we all know Verbeeks MO I've called this way back. I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking good
I just have visions of Carlsson hitting the opposition with his purse and shooting easily saved muffins for the next decade.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

Were not picking anyone but fantilli tomorrow. Unless we hear that fantilli told the ducks he doesn’t want to play for us. He will be a duck, he will also be a duck if he’s told GM PV he was wants to go back to Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad