Draft 2023 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What is this?
JFresh’s annual troll job where he throws in made up players and acts like he pays attention to prospects. We’re only a day away from Patrick Bacon rising from the ashes to just post his player cards and make declarative statements about a prospect’s entire career based on his dogshit model that will make everyone on twitter mad

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I dont understand skating mechanics at all (although I can still pick guys who's stride is 'wrong'), but what's make an elite skater, and what makes Kreider not one?
His edges and everything certainly aren’t elite, straight line speed is the only thing elite and even then I see a lot of fans here claim even that isn’t elite. (Although I think it is) He’s just an athletic beast with a ton of fast twitch muscle, so he’s naturally explosive. He doesn’t have the fluid skating of a Hughes

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Like I said he is NOT Brady Tkachuk, yet you give me no reason WHY you don't like him. I agree, there are better players, which we discussed earlier. All players mature at different times.

I wouldn't say I don't like him other than I don't like him as a 1st rounder in the 2023 draft. In a weaker year a better argument could be made perhaps for him as a 1st rounder. If the Rangers had a mid to late 2nd rounder I might consider drafting him depending.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
His edges and everything certainly aren’t elite, straight line speed is the only thing elite and even then I see a lot of fans here claim even that isn’t elite. (Although I think it is) He’s just an athletic beast with a ton of fast twitch muscle, so he’s naturally explosive. He doesn’t have the fluid skating of a Hughes
Guys like Hughes, Makar, McDavid are just different. Would love to see that type of skating talent on our team.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Draft a hockey player. No weenies, no reaches, no "players" that have their hearts elsewhere.

I want a player that goes straight to the net with speed and strength and will. Shoots the puck. Crash and bang. And someone that hits hard. I don't care about dipsy doodles and "cellys". Get me a psycho that buries the puck. Draft the kid that said they'd merc his teammates on a WW2 ship.

• Haha
Reactions: savebyrichter94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
for those of you who were interested in the Rangers signing Othmann teammate Avery Hayes, he signs with Pittsburgh.

That's not Pittsburgh. He signed an AHL contract with the Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins. The Pittsburgh Penguins would need to sign him to an NHL contract before he's eligible to be called up.

Like Marchessault, who was never under contract with the Rangers.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Draft a hockey player. No weenies, no reaches, no "players" that have their hearts elsewhere.

I want a player that goes straight to the net with speed and strength and will. Shoots the puck. Crash and bang. And someone that hits hard. I don't care about dipsy doodles and "cellys". Get me a psycho that buries the puck. Draft the kid that said they'd merc his teammates on a WW2 ship.
Any Sean Avery types in this draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad