2023 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Trash human being

All that money and influence and he uses it for the absolute worst

That's what happens when you have a shitty owner + some of this Jets fanbase who are willing to sell morals for a good football season. Borderline inexcusable to have went as hard as they did for him instead of a guy like Lamar. I'm starting to not care about them as much as I once did. This sports year did a number on me between the Jets + Devils

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That's what happens when you have a shitty owner + some of this Jets fanbase who are willing to sell morals for a good football season. Borderline inexcusable to have went as hard as they did for him instead of a guy like Lamar. I'm starting to not care about them as much as I once did. This sports year did a number on me between the Jets + Devils
"Is any fanbase free from selling out their humanity if it means a few more wins?" Rempe asked rhetorically.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I wonder to myself how any Cleveland Browns fans can possibly root for their team.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Fields traded to the Steelers for nothing.

As a Bears fan, I'm just glad this is finally over and don't have to hear anything anymore about it.

At least they are trying to put Williams into a decent situation right from the start which Fields was not.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

definitely better then what they currently are doing but not sure how much better until they play it out. can see them eventually changing the onside kick attempts too.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Cry baby diggs to Houston

Buffalo must have really wanted him gone to eat a 31 mil cap hit

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Cry baby diggs to Houston

Buffalo must have really wanted him gone to eat a 31 mil cap hit

There was obvious tension there from the start to where this trade was gonna happen but I think they'll trade for Aiyuk anyway. Tee Higgins is another guy but I can't see Cincy trading him to a team that they've been rivals with in the playoffs for the past couple of years.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I don’t like it at all for HOU. they’re a young, talented, up and coming team and now they have this head case who’s last 2 teams have eaten millions in dead cap to get rid of him. He took a nosedive in production the second half of last year and has come up so small with BUF in the playoffs.

I get they may want insurance in case Dell isn’t 100% to start the year, but I read he should be all set to go for training camp. Then you have Collins, Schultz, Mixon…too many mouths to feed and when Diggs doesn’t get his he goes super-diva.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t like it at all for HOU. they’re a young, talented, up and coming team and now they have this head case who’s last 2 teams have eaten millions in dead cap to get rid of him. He took a nosedive in production the second half of last year and has come up so small with BUF in the playoffs.

I get they may want insurance in case Dell isn’t 100% to start the year, but I read he should be all set to go for training camp. Then you have Collins, Schultz, Mixon…too many mouths to feed and when Diggs doesn’t get his he goes super-diva.

There was a point last year in the Jets game they had Noah Brown catching passes from Stroud and some random ass bums at like WR5/6 starting cause Dell/Collins got hurt/were out that game. It's just depth, WR is the one position in the NFL you can utterly stack your teams to the gill with and it would make sense since they tend to get injured a ton on non contact + fluke stuff and just in general taking big hits in vulnerable spots.

they basically adjusted Diggs' contract so that he is again in a contract year, so I bet they get some decent production out of him

I agree, it reminds me a ton of when the Jets got BMarsh in 2015 from just a player standpoint. Veteran that was labeled a cancer/diva going elsewhere and flourishing tremendously. Diggs is still an animal but with the way Josh Allen plays, I don't think he needs an alpha WR1 or just a WR1 like he did at one point in his career. The next step in Allen's career imo is becoming the guy who turns WR's into studs on his own a la Brady/Peyton. Not calling Josh Allen those guys but the idea that he does more with less around him so the Bills can focus on roster building the legit weak parts of their roster to get over the hump.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
they basically adjusted Diggs' contract so that he is again in a contract year, so I bet they get some decent production out of him
Only diggs can turn a 4 year 96 million dollar extension into a one year prove it deal. I honestly think it’s a poor decision on his part

There was obvious tension there from the start to where this trade was gonna happen but I think they'll trade for Aiyuk anyway. Tee Higgins is another guy but I can't see Cincy trading him to a team that they've been rivals with in the playoffs for the past couple of years.
What’s buffalo’s cap situation? They are eating 31 million on diggs and then on top of acquiring aiyuk or Higgins they would
Prob have to pay near the same

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Only diggs can turn a 4 year 96 million dollar extension into a one year prove it deal. I honestly think it’s a poor decision on his part

What’s buffalo’s cap situation? They are eating 31 million on diggs and then on top of acquiring aiyuk or Higgins they would
Prob have to pay near the same

I haven't checked but the NFL cap is utter bullshit lol, guys restructure and teams like the Chiefs go from -10M to +50M within a week. They'll make a trade for a WR, it's just who. They're not going into a year with Curtis Samuel + Khalil Shakir as their top WR's right now lol

Reactions: My3Sons

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I haven't checked but the NFL cap is utter bullshit lol, guys restructure and teams like the Chiefs go from -10M to +50M within a week. They'll make a trade for a WR, it's just who. They're not going into a year with Curtis Samuel + Khalil Shakir as their top WR's right now lol
I think they are a likely trade up candidate for someone like Brian Thomas Jr from LSU

Hell they phased out diggs and ran the offense through Allen while throwing to shakir etc. Kincaid appears to be the greatest beneficiary

Diggs goes from 160 targets a year with no competition at wr to an offense with multiple target eaters. Diggs is a prime candidate to hit the wall imo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I think they are a likely trade up candidate for someone like Brian Thomas Jr from LSU

Hell they phased out diggs and ran the offense through Allen while throwing to shakir etc. Kincaid appears to be the greatest beneficiary

Diggs goes from 160 targets a year with no competition at wr to an offense with multiple target eaters. Diggs is a prime candidate to hit the wall imo

Would be a good add but not sure if they can wait on a guy to develop with Allen as much I like BTJr

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If the giants don’t trade up for Maye I pray to god they stay put for Nabers/Odunze. Want no part of JJ.

I think the Patriots will probably take McCarthy, so no need to worry about that.

The Giants need a QB, but I doubt Daniels drops enough to trade up and snag him, and I'm not fully sold on Maye.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad