NFL Draft: 2023 NFL draft discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Richardson just feels like a massive reach at even 23. Of course, he will likely go long before that.

He is a guy who will have to sit one year. If not more. I don't think fans have the patience for that anymore unless you are going deep in the playoffs.

I think for a team like the Vikings he'd be perfect. The NFC sucks so they're probably a playoff team with Kirk. They'll be one and done if they make it, which is always the case with Kirk, but they'll have a decent season. Then he walks and Richardson starts the following season after sitting and learning from O'Connell for a year.

This is an ideal scenario for the Vikings IMO.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm of the opinion that whoever gets Richardson is best off using him as a Jackson type and getting him on the field to learn. You probably won't win a bunch but I think it's the best development of him as long as his mentality doesn't get bruised by sucking.

Hooker is a tough one because he's had the least experience of a pro-style offence.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm of the opinion that whoever gets Richardson is best off using him as a Jackson type and getting him on the field to learn. You probably won't win a bunch but I think it's the best development of him as long as his mentality doesn't get bruised by sucking.

Hooker is a tough one because he's had the least experience of a pro-style offence.
No such thing as a pro-style offense anymore. NFL teams take too much from college for that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's the chances of J-SN actually being there at 13?

Is it a foregone conclusion that Houston takes him at 12?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not sure where my Titans will be drafting since all Free Agent moves point to them trading out and getting additional picks. But I expect a couple Offensive-Lineman a WR,TE,LB,CB/S and a PlaceKicker perhaps not in that order...if not Paris Johnson Jr would be a good start as would Peter Skoronski though I'm sure he'll be long gone by the time the Titans come to the podium...O'Cyrus Torrence would be good in 15-20 area providing we get an additional 3rd or a 4th rounder to move down from 11th overall!!!

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Better have a plan for trading Love.
To be clear, I don't think it will happen, I was just piggybacking off the thought of them taking a QB at 13. I'm sure GB is happy to see what Love has then go into next year with extra draft capital if he's not it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure where my Titans will be drafting since all Free Agent moves point to them trading out and getting additional picks. But I expect a couple Offensive-Lineman a WR,TE,LB,CB/S and a PlaceKicker perhaps not in that order...if not Paris Johnson Jr would be a good start as would Peter Skoronski though I'm sure he'll be long gone by the time the Titans come to the podium...O'Cyrus Torrence would be good in 15-20 area providing we get an additional 3rd or a 4th rounder to move down from 11th overall!!!
Skrononski with the shorter arms seems to have a better future as a Guard vs OT. But, up to the team that drafts him to play him where they see fit. If not Johnson at OT, still a couple others like the Georgia OT. I think this is a clear the decks year for the Titans.

Probably peg them as a legit candidate to be in the bottom 5 of the NFL next season if they opt to see what they have in Willis and if he bombs target a QB next draft if they are lucky to be in the bottom 2.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Green Bay will draft a qb, just like in the 7th round.

They're uniquely positioned now, if Love doesn't show promise with what they'll be able to bring in around him (a top 45 pick at receiver and TE minimum, imo) .. they'll rightfully be picking high next year, with a likely additional 1 from the Jets, meaning they could jump up to grab a QB high next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To be clear, I don't think it will happen, I was just piggybacking off the thought of them taking a QB at 13. I'm sure GB is happy to see what Love has then go into next year with extra draft capital if he's not it.
It isn’t going to happen.

Reactions: The Note

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

This draft about to be pants on head stupid. There's too much smoke around Carolina when they've been linked to all 4 of the big name prospects.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
gonna be a great trade for the bears if that’s the case

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
A couple more solid to great drafts and the Lions could be awesome...Not sure about the Jameson Williams stuff though! Like to see the Lions go OT,DL in the First round then a TE and LB in rounds 2 and 3 with a RB in round 4 and a QB in the 5th round!

This draft about to be pants on head stupid. There's too much smoke around Carolina when they've been linked to all 4 of the big name prospects.

Its going to be Bryce Young it makes too much sense with the Texans taking W Anderson

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t get the correlation…….
Levis probably isn't going to be as good right off the bat as Young would be. Thus, the Bears would get a better draft pick in 2024 with the Panther's first rounder. Young has a certain ceiling or duration due to his smaller size. Levis, if he hits, would take 2-3 years to get there, whereas Young would get there in a year or two quicker.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
A couple more solid to great drafts and the Lions could be awesome...Not sure about the Jameson Williams stuff though! Like to see the Lions go OT,DL in the First round then a TE and LB in rounds 2 and 3 with a RB in round 4 and a QB in the 5th round!
They have two 2nd round picks but no 4th rounder. Why do you want them to go OT in the first round?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They have two 2nd round picks but no 4th rounder. Why do you want them to go OT in the first round?
I agree. They seem set at OT. Maybe IOL but not OT. Figure they do need a TE in round 2 or 3. Most of the first 2 days of draft capital will be spent on Defence for the Lions.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I agree. They seem set at OT. Maybe IOL but not OT. Figure they do need a TE in round 2 or 3. Most of the first 2 days of draft capital will be spent on Defence for the Lions.
Yeah, IOL would make more sense but probably not 1st round. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they pick a TE in round 2 or 3 but they may wait until later being as it's a deep class. I think they'll probably pick a RB but might wait until day 3.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, IOL would make more sense but probably not 1st round. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they pick a TE in round 2 or 3 but they may wait until later being as it's a deep class. I think they'll probably pick a RB but might wait until day 3.
TE is deep, but big gap between round 3 pick to round 5 with the added comp picks in rounds 3 and 4. So, you are waiting 70 spots in the draft. You have players at RB with Swift and the free agent Montgomery. I think you wait til day 3 for a RB. TE, probably better to not wait past round 3 for that.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
No such thing as a pro-style offense anymore. NFL teams take too much from college for that.

What NFL teams have taken to running deep choice all the time with the QB just sat there waiting to see what his WR is doing all the time? He's done less read progression and throwing with anticipation than most of the others. He's got a bunch of talent but there's a development curve there.

GB moving up to 13 ahead of NE and the Jets could be crucial.

Potentially a fantastic opportunity for the Steelers to move up and snag a Tackle ahead of the Pats and Jets.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Damn you, Peter King. Getting me excited about the possibility of Anthony Richardson in Minnesota. I'd say no chance he's there at 23 because someone will go up to get him but hopefully that team is the Vikings.
Don't be fooled by the measurables.

He's terrible, and I'm not just saying that because I definitely do want the entire University of Florida to be literally eaten by a black hole, I'm saying that because it's true.

NFL teams do this all the time, they think they can take any guy with the tools and mold him into a pro player. This guy makes draft day Josh Allen look like draft day Andrew Luck in terms of NFL readiness out of college by comparison.

I'm no one. I'm the third worst poster on this forum besides ChrisK and that guy that wants to realign your f***ing peewee league for some reason. But man...I cannot imagine Richardson being worth a 1st round pick. I really can't.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GKJ and DaaaaB's
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad