OT: 2023 NCAA Football Thread

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Poor Stauffer... First Oilers Twitter trolls him and then his beloved Alabama botches a key snap to blow the game in OT.

Edit: The low snap wasn't as problematic as it appeared live. Michigan just formed an impenetrable wall.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Washington's coaches made that finish more difficult than it needed to be by calling run plays instead of kneeling. In an attempt to run off a few extra seconds they gave Texas almost a minute to drive down the field and win the game.
I think it was more the injury to Johnson that gave them the extra time. Clock would have been down to less than 20 seconds if he hadn’t gotten hurt. But a very exciting game, looking forward to next week.

Reactions: subnet

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I think it was more the injury to Johnson that gave them the extra time. Clock would have been down to less than 20 seconds if he hadn’t gotten hurt. But a very exciting game, looking forward to next week.
My point was the injury doesn't happen (and the clock doesn't stop after 3rd down) if they just kneel the ball 3 times and punt.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
My point was the injury doesn't happen (and the clock doesn't stop after 3rd down) if they just kneel the ball 3 times and punt.

Washington's coaches made that finish more difficult than it needed to be by calling run plays instead of kneeling. In an attempt to run off a few extra seconds they gave Texas almost a minute to drive down the field and win the game.
What a crazy ending for sure. I said to my wife (who is a UW Alum), it's game over, there isn't enough time left, 100% sure UW is winning, there's no way they can screw this up... sheesh!

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad