OT: 2023 NCAA Football Thread

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
For those of us who need to overcome the boredom of no hockey yet.

Week 0 took place yesterday. Not too much to report on, except for Vanderbilt nearly getting upset by Hawaii.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Pretty much the same for my Trojans this year. Offense is going to be great with Caleb Williams returning and so many new weapons.

We just need to get it together on defence. The personnel are improved, but Grinch's schemes and decision making are still terrible (who blitzes on a 3rd and 22???)

We have a favorable first half of the schedule, so if we can get our act together by the time we play Notre Dame, I think we have an outside chance for the playoffs.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Only a few good games week one as most of the top teams are playing ridiculous powder puff teams and just killing them. The Colorado TCU game was great. Deions kid the QB is vastly better than I thought. I still cant stand Deion Sanders. Even after the great game it is all about him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Only a few good games week one as most of the top teams are playing ridiculous powder puff teams and just killing them. The Colorado TCU game was great. Deions kid the QB is vastly better than I thought. I still cant stand Deion Sanders. Even after the great game it is all about him.
I think I'm gonna follow Colorado. I'm really a fan of the comments about how Sanders has done more for Colorado football in one week than Wilson has in a whole year.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Texas Tech giving Oregon a pretty big scare tonight. If Tech's QB had taken the sack instead of throwing a pick-6 in the final minute, I think they would have still had a chance at beating them. But, thankfully they didn't.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I know it's probably a meme by now, but....Texas is back! I think you're going back to Vince Young to find their last win of that magnitude.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hook 'em Horns! It's always a great day to see Alabama get beat. Texas with a huge win!

Fighting Irish grind out a big win at NC State. Yasss.

I know it's probably a meme by now, but....Texas is back! I think you're going back to Vince Young to find their last win of that magnitude.
Alabama always seems to escape the college "rebuild" phase and stay strong. Hopefully it's caught up with them and they're entering one of those stages. But because they're AP darlings, they'll stay in the top 10 even if they were to lose three games.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Alabama always seems to escape the college "rebuild" phase and stay strong. Hopefully it's caught up with them and they're entering one of those stages. But because they're AP darlings, they'll stay in the top 10 even if they were to lose three games.

I think for as long as the media's hero Nick Saban is there, Alabama will be given a playoff spot by default and have to lose their way out of it.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Anyone know of any sports bars around town that are reliable for having college ball on? Apparently I can watch the Coach Prime game tonight on my phone, but not my TV. Thanks TSN. Kinda hoping to watch on a TV...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Anyone know of any sports bars around town that are reliable for having college ball on? Apparently I can watch the Coach Prime game tonight on my phone, but not my TV. Thanks TSN. Kinda hoping to watch on a TV...
Have a smart tv with the TSN app?

I see its on TSN+.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Have a smart tv with the TSN app?

I see its on TSN+.

My "ancient" seven year old TV doesn't support the app anymore. And for some reason it doesn't allow me access to TSN+ on my PC, only my cell phone. So it might be phone tonight unless I find a bar with TSN+ lol.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
My "ancient" seven year old TV doesn't support the app anymore. And for some reason it doesn't allow me access to TSN+ on my PC, only my cell phone. So it might be phone tonight unless I find a bar with TSN+ lol.
How can I not watch this!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Ended up being able to watch on a laptop plugged into the TV haha, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Prime pulls it off! Actually it would be more accurate to say Prime Jr pulls it off. I rarely say this, but thank god Colorado abandoned the run finally. It was awful all night, but Prime Jr made a lot of good decisions with the ball. The hype train rolls on to Oregon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad