2023 NCAA Division I Men's Hockey National Tournament Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The six DI conference championship teams have celebrated their victories, USCHO.com has updated their Pairwise rankings, and hopefully the Selection Committee members got a good night's rest. Selection Sunday is upon on us - may the best 16 teams rise to the top. :popcorn:

With :crossfing for Alaska-Fairbanks to get an at-large selection on behalf of the well-journeyed Independents.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
And while we're waiting, here is the list & the dates for the DI men's national tourney venues ...

2023 NCAA MEN'S COLLEGE HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP
RoundCityVenueDatesHost
RegionalAllentown, PAPPL CenterMarch 24 & 26Penn State
RegionalManchester, NHSNHU ArenaMarch 23 & 25New Hampshire
RegionalBridgeport, CTWebster Bank ArenaMarch 24 & 26Yale
RegionalFargo, NDScheels ArenaMarch 23 & 25North Dakota
Frozen FourTampa, FLAmalie ArenaApril 6 & 8

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Graphically ...

Or the College Hockey News version, in case Twitter acts up on you ...

1679276144266.png

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I did brackets with my four year-old son for the first time. He picked Western Michigan, I picked Quinnipiac.

Gonna be impressed and embarassed when he defeats me.

• Haha
Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I did brackets with my four year-old son for the first time. He picked Western Michigan, I picked Quinnipiac.

Gonna be impressed and embarassed when he defeats me.
Not intending to depress you any further, Pops, but I worked with a guy who engaged his pre-school aged daughter in previous NCAA men's hockey tourney bracket friendlies. Her go-to strategy was to pick teams based on how "pretty" their jerseys were. She regularly out-fashioned her Dear Old Dad in the final results, to the point that she went back to her Barbie dolls for REAL competition after 4 years of humoring him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He's a geography nerd that likes Michigan, especially as it's a recurrent vacation state for us, and he liked the word "bronco," so that was an impossible combo for any team to overcome.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
From the Regionals First Round underdog points of view ...

• Canisius College Golden Griffins (AHA): Hockey to Face No. 1 Minnesota in NCAA Tournament Opener Thursday

ETA: My bad, SCSU is the higher seed ... make this Minnesota State Mavericks (CCHA): Mavericks Set to Take On St. Cloud State at NCAA Tournament

• Cornell University Big Red (ECAC):
#12 Men's Hockey Clashes With #4 Denver in Manchester Regional Semifinal on Thursday

ETA: Plugged in a more informative First Round preview from WMU ... Western Michigan University Broncos (NCHC): Hockey Gears Up for NCAA Tournament Clash Against Boston University

• Colgate University Raiders (ECAC): Colgate Draws Michigan in NCAA Tournament

• Michigan Tech Huskies (CCHA): PREVIEW: Tech opens NCAA Tournament against Penn State

• Merrimack College Warriors (HEA): Men's Hockey Earns NCAA Tournament Bid, Set To Take On Quinnipiac

• Ohio State Buckeyes (B1G): ROHLIK, LOHREI, DOBES & SINGLETON PREVIEW NCAA BRIDGEPORT REGIONAL

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Mankato looks good. Has St. Cloud on it’s heels.
You spoke too soon.

2-0 Huskies over MSU with just over 8 minutes left in the 3rd in Fargo. This game turned on a dime after the first period domination by the Mavericks..

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
SCST 4-0 over MNST

COR 2-0 over DU.

Gotta expect MN over CAN

Predict HAR - QUI in Bridgeport and MICH-MTECH in Allentown.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Agree on Harvard v QU In Bridgeport Final. But I'm going PSU, and Colgate upsetting Michigan to join the Finals pairing in Allentown.

Reactions: AUS Fan

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
1-1 after 1 in the late Fargo First Round game between the national #1 Golden Gophers & the other Golden team (Griffins). Canisius representing Atlantic Hockey very well so far.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of 2 periods, Minnesota now leads 3-2 after Canisuis took a 2-1 lead earlier. 3rd goal for the Gophers came late in the period, but they had been pinning the Griffs in their zone for at least half of the 2nd. Best game I've seen today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad