NBA 2023 NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ah yes - fining Harden .0028 percent of his $35.6 million salary for 2023-24 sure will teach him a lesson. :shakehead

NBA's version of the usual "maximum allowable fine as per the CBA" line that we usually see from Team Bettman.......and those are barely a slap on the wrist at $5k each. :laugh:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Giannis is right tbh

Harden could have been one of the all-time greats. Now he's just a headache, yeah I get his beef with Morey but I'd want no part of him on my team knowing he probably won't be happy long-term anywhere at this point.
Yep he could have been tbh

Not a fan of Harden but he is really skilled and crafty, too bad he doesn't seem to care about winning

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Third person with Breen and Doris will be Doc Rivers. Doc was one of the best before he went to coaching so he could be a really good addition if that's still the case.

People find JVG's random tangents and complaining annoying and there were times when I did too but overall I liked him. I think NBA broadcasts get worse without his knowledge. TNT would be smart to scoop him up and put him on their A team right away. I think it'd get too goofy if he was on the same team as SVG but they can find a spot for both of them. Reggie Miller offers nothing interesting.
Doc was really funny to listen to before he started coaching.
His voice was different back then though

JVG is a good analyst but he talks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much

"oh you know I wouldn't do that, Mark, as Curry makes a 50 feet turnaround 3 with his eyes closed, you can ask Mike he can vouch for me"
*everybody laughs*

Doris Burke too :

" It's amazing to me, Mike, and you have to credit Pop and all those guys for setting the tone and having a major infl....."

3 HOURS LATER

"....and now with Wemby in the picture. there is now doubt the Spurs will be soon back on top"

damn ....

Reactions: BB88

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It takes 2 to tango.

But Harden would never look in the mirrow and face the truth, nobody values him like a superstar anymore yet he wants to get paid like one

Harden is an idiot for believing Morey. If he really wanted to leave he should have opted out. His problem is he wanted to make the money hes making so for any team to fit him in he had to opt in. For a guy with hundreds of millions in career earnings, he could have opted out, signed a cheap deal with the Clips or some other contender and voila.

Yea no surprise teams aren't lining up to give a 34 year old $200million. Let alone one who has a shitty attitude, is a pylon when his team needs him the most and is seemingly never happy with where hes playing.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So apparently, Olympic track star Noah Lyles hurt NBA players’ feelings when he said that the NBA champs shouldn’t be called “world champs.” He is absolutely right.

I always called the winners of the World Series the “World Series champs.” The term “world” just got stuck because they named the series “World Series” but I could never just simply call them “World Champs.” I wish they came up with a simpler name without involving the whole world lol. Maybe something like Major Series? Idk.

I also refuse to call the Super Bowl winner “World champs.” Just “Super Bowl Champs” has a nice ring to it.

That’s why I love the NHL. No NHL fan ever refers to the Stanley Cup champs as “World champs.”

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So apparently, Olympic track star Noah Lyles hurt NBA players’ feelings when he said that the NBA champs shouldn’t be called “world champs.” He is absolutely right.

I always called the winners of the World Series the “World Series champs.” The term “world” just got stuck because they named the series “World Series” but I could never just simy call them “World Champs.” I wish they came up with a simpler name without involving the whole world lol. Maybe something like Major Series? Idk.

I also refuse to call the Super Bowl winner “World champs.” Just “Super Bowl Champs” has a nice ring to it.

That’s why I love the NHL. No NHL fan ever refers to the Stanley Cup champs as “World champs.”
100%

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
whatever penalty he was about to face must've been harsh. either he just decided to retire instead or the league forced him out

maybe the celtics can hire him

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Uhh, no.

And Karl Anthony-Towns said something about after he retires that he will have "changed the game".

I just, what the f***?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
US team about to go beg Embiid to play for them as well. Have some self respect. I get it though, I'd be worried too if I saw Shai coming.

(LeBron and all the stars in the Olympics will be super fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad