• Ukraine

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • [Other]

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Before puck drop, the TV director showed a group of fifteen all wearing the same team Finland jersey all on their phones sitting around. I wonder if their company paid a lot for those tickets.
They probably did pay a lot but still expected them to work, hence the phones.

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
Scoring is a problem for Finns. Lots of shots from the D to a sea of bodies and sticks, not passing when they should and passing when they shoudn't. Mikko is missing the puck a lot for some reason. Whiffed couple of good chances again.

Kakko has looked quite good to me, even if he has not produced points. If he is available Avs should take a look.

Emil Larmi in goal had an insane year in Sweden. Yes, he sucked when he was in the Pens organization few seasons ago, but might be worth a look if we want to/need to shed Francouz and he could be had for less money.

Few other guys have also looked decent, but they are at an age where they would need a guaranteed spot up to lure them to sign. And would they even be interested in 3-4 line positions when they can be stars in Europe.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Malgin is a smart player, he sees the ice well, and has skills. Being undersized he needs to play with guys who create room through size and speed- MacK and Nuke, for example.

I bet he's a guy they try and see what they got. I don't think he's going to turn into a top six winger, but the guy can skate circles around a lot of bottom six dudes and is just good enough not to get blown up constantly.

He may have value there as a guy that can win that matchup, and not look out of place when he needs to play up.

Keep depending on cost

Reactions: niwotsblessing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I bet he's a guy they try and see what they got. I don't think he's going to turn into a top six winger, but the guy can skate circles around a lot of bottom six dudes and is just good enough not to get blown up constantly.

He may have value there as a guy that can win that matchup, and not look out of place when he needs to play up.

Keep depending on cost
On a well-constructed third line he could offer up depth scoring, and play up as needed.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
We've had Malgin before. It was better then because his name was cooler, he played with an edge and he was on a much worse team so he looked much better in comparison. I'm quite over the new version.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Malgin was quite good for his role and contract in the regular season. It's the playoffs where he disappeared.

He'll probably sign his QO and could provide some depth production again on a cheap cap hit, but they need to make the right additions before the playoffs so they don't rely so heavily on him in the post season again.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I talked myself into not bringing my rantanen jersey to Tampere, but I've seen Vegas, rangers, Dallas and Carolina jerseys being worn. I want to find a shop that sells a rantanen jersey.

Reactions: UncleRisto

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Rantanen was far superior than anyone else on the ice today. He can't hit the net though and keeps wasting his shots, tons of good positions and nothing.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Cool that Canada sent an expansion team to the World Championship. Fantilli looks good, too bad Bedard is not there.

Edit: Just saw a shot of the Swiss dressing room and it's puny.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah that was such a b*tch move from veleno

That should be a BIG suspension, tournament over IMO. Chris Simon got 30 games for stomping on Ruutu's leg back in 2007 in the NHL.

You can end a career with that type of a stunt.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Well he's only been to two teams since. Totally forgot he got traded to WPG.
What I've learned from this incident is that Niederreiter has played for two teams in the Central division since leaving the Hurricanes and I had absolutely no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad