• Ukraine

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • [Other]

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The American team features - and I am not making this up - TJ Tynan, "Perbix" and Rocco Grimaldi.

Oh god it gets worse. Sweden have Patrik Nemeth, Dennis Everberg and Anton Lindholm.

The Czech Republic have Lukas Sedlak and Martin Kaut. The longer you look the worse this gets.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The American team features - and I am not making this up - TJ Tynan, "Perbix" and Rocco Grimaldi.

Oh god it gets worse. Sweden have Patrik Nemeth, Dennis Everberg and Anton Lindholm.

The Czech Republic have Lukas Sedlak and Martin Kaut. The longer you look the worse this gets.
Must be because - and this doesn't sound real but - TJ Tynan had a great world championship last year.

• Wow
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Must be because - and this doesn't sound real but - TJ Tynan had a great world championship last year.
After looking him up I think I'm more surprised he only played 16 games for the Avalanche. Felt like he was here for about five years.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It used to be a pretty good tournament with decent talent but now it's garbage because players are too busy not representing their country.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It used to be a pretty good tournament with decent talent but now it's garbage because players are too busy not representing their country.
Russia also being out doesn't help. They constantly bring their top NHL players to these tournaments.

Reactions: Metallo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Covid mate and nobody wants to hang out in Finland and Latvia. They had record talent when the tournament was in Prague or Paris.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Covid mate and nobody wants to hang out in Finland and Latvia. They had record talent when the tournament was in Prague or Paris.
Also the lack of best-on-best tournaments means that there's no need for players to make their case for being on those rosters.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Anyway, here's future waiver-bait Denis Malgin auditioning for the second powerplay unit:

Here's Rantanen channelling Forsberg:

I've also just learned the tournament is sponsored by Lidl this year. The whole thing is a beer league waste of time and our boys should come home immediately.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Their loss, it was sunny today.
I personally like that it is throughout the globe and a place like Riga gets to see the tournament. Two times in a row might be too much, especially considering Latvia isn't a hot holiday spot and that it is not in Helsinki, but I get that Covid sort of destroyed a lot of those plans...especially with Russia going all "land grab" on us. I think they were supposed to host it this year if I remember correctly.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Anyway, here's future waiver-bait Denis Malgin auditioning for the second powerplay unit:

I've also just learned the tournament is sponsored by Lidl this year. The whole thing is a beer league waste of time and our boys should come home immediately.

Malgin would have improved PP 1 this past post-season if Son of Bednar had been chained to the bench where he belonged.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Dude was obviously watching MacKinnon this year. Played that PP like him just hanging in the circle making himself invisible to the opponents but open for the one-timer.
Malgin is a smart player, he sees the ice well, and has skills. Being undersized he needs to play with guys who create room through size and speed- MacK and Nuke, for example.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Avs need to add Mikko Lehtonen and put him on a line with Rantanen and Lehkonen

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Before puck drop, the TV director showed a group of fifteen all wearing the same team Finland jersey all on their phones sitting around. I wonder if their company paid a lot for those tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad