GDT: 2023 IIHF World Championship

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Germans are for real. Winning most of the board battles, just had probably close to a 2 minute shift in the Canada zone. This is what they really need to do. Canada has the skill advantage and will use their chances (see Blais goal) but if Germany can control the play and play with more intensity this should be a good one.

This is probably 60-40 fancy stats so far if I had to guess.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
GERMANY 2-1!

Another stoppable goal for Montembeault. Broken play and Germans get a shot off and it squeaks through the arm.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Canada gets a PP and after a failed clear its a tie game. Lawson Crouse (get him to NJ) tips in the shot pass from the slot.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
83E214D6-E51C-4EBD-9143-272B5E142E20.gif

(Not gonna lie, Latvia needs better gifs)

Not to interrupt Blais vs Germany.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Well I took Canada at 4.70 when they were down 2-1 so I fully expect this to be tied and Canada scores first minute of OT so I will be robbed of both my money and my joy of life.

well-shiit.gif

Reactions: Guttersniped

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Question for this tournament. Why don’t they wait a little longer for nhl to be done and then have it with more nhl players? Also players that get knocked out go over there what do they kick players off the teams when an nhl club gets knocked out? Like did nico take someone’s spot that would’ve played if played the next round?

Reactions: mdj12784

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Question for this tournament. Why don’t they wait a little longer for nhl to be done and then have it with more nhl players? Also players that get knocked out go over there what do they kick players off the teams when an nhl club gets knocked out? Like did nico take someone’s spot that would’ve played if played the next round?
Because leagues in Europe are done by mid april and teams that don't make the playoffs are done in march. Every team that add players later in the tournament comes at the cost of players that played up to then. Thats normal and players know that this could happen to them. It sucks to be almost a month or more in training camp to prepare for the tournament but it is what it is.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Because leagues in Europe are done by mid april and teams that don't make the playoffs are done in march. Every team that add players later in the tournament comes at the cost of players that played up to then. Thats normal and players know that this could happen to them. It sucks to be almost a month or more in training camp to prepare for the tournament but it is what it is.
That does suck for them. It’s weird though wait til the second week of June and you could even host this in North America with all the players no?

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah good for them, if USA beat them i doubt it wouldn't have even been a blip on sportscenter and no one but the friends and family of the players would have cared

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I think I saw it on reddit but aside from USA's two somewhat recent Olympic silver medals and their World Juniors success , they have been awful at the IIHF World Championship. Since 1996 they have won only 4 bronze medals ! Thats it. That's pretty crazy , I feel like theh won it a few times since then lol.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
That does suck for them. It’s weird though wait til the second week of June and you could even host this in North America with all the players no?
Well the problem would be that the tournament then ends end of june, in Europe preseason starts in july, players would have no rest

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
And even if you wait for NHL season to end I doubt non playoff players would wait for 2 months and go to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad