Who is the Devils' #1 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Once again, to pass the time in the dog days of summer, it's time for the age old tradition of the HFDevils annual Prospect Rankings.

Eligibility: In a departure from the previous few years, we're changing the qualifications to the original HF rules:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.
(I may need @My3Sons to translate the leagalese)

What this means:
Because of the change in rules, Both Alexander Holtz (28 games) and Akira Schmid (24 games) are now eligible. Tyce Thompson and Brian Halonen are in their last year of eligibility, and @Ripshot 43 has aged out.

Eligible Players:

Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Tyler Brennan
Seamus Casey
Chase Cheslock
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Ethan Edwards
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Lenni Hameenaho
Peter Hauser
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes

Viktor Hurtig
Daniil Karpovich
Charlie Leddy
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Simon Nemec
Daniil Orlov
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Akira Schmid
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Notable Additions:
Lenni Hameenaho
Cam Squires
Chase Cheslock
Cole Brown
Daniil Karpovich
Santeri Hatakka

Notable Subtractions:
Akira Schmid (Graduated)
Shakir Mukhamadullin (Traded)
Fabian Zetterlund (Traded)
Nikita Okhotiuk (Traded)
Aarne Talvitie (Non-tendered)

Guidance:

As for who to pick, there's no real criteria. It's just... if someone came up to you and asked "Who's the Devils' best prospect", what you would answer. Perhaps the best way to think of it is who you would think is worth the most in a trade.

I'm going to be setting each poll to close after 3 days, but I reserve the right to end them early and move on if it looks like it's going to be a landslide.

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
This probably all the voting needed. On to prospect #2!

IMG_7891.jpeg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Once again, to pass the time in the dog days of summer, it's time for the age old tradition of the HFDevils annual Prospect Rankings.

Eligibility: In a departure from the previous few years, we're changing the qualifications to the original HF rules:

(I may need @My3Sons to translate the leagalese)

What this means:
Because of the change in rules, Both Alexander Holtz (28 games) and Akira Schmid (24 games) are now eligible. Tyce Thompson and Brian Halonen are in their last year of eligibility, and @Ripshot 43 has aged out.

Eligible Players:

Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Tyler Brennan
Seamus Casey
Chase Cheslock
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Ethan Edwards
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Lenni Hameenaho
Peter Hauser
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes

Viktor Hurtig
Daniil Karpovich
Charlie Leddy
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Simon Nemec
Daniil Orlov
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Akira Schmid
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Notable Additions:
Lenni Hameenaho
Cam Squires
Chase Cheslock
Cole Brown
Daniil Karpovich
Santeri Hatakka

Notable Subtractions:
Akira Schmid (Graduated)
Shakir Mukhamadullin (Traded)
Fabian Zetterlund (Traded)
Nikita Okhotiuk (Traded)
Aarne Talvitie (Non-tendered)

Guidance:

As for who to pick, there's no real criteria. It's just... if someone came up to you and asked "Who's the Devils' best prospect", what you would answer. Perhaps the best way to think of it is who you would think is worth the most in a trade.

I'm going to be setting each poll to close after 3 days, but I reserve the right to end them early and move on if it looks like it's going to be a landslide.

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.
Legally speaking, no @Ripshot 43 no poll.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
wow looks like ill be in the minority!

though my opinion is based on what i read lol

i think if Nemec went to a barren team hed be a Doughty/Hedman level dman, maybe even Lidstrom

though Luke is gonna set records offensively for us!

it just sounds to me like Nemec is what id make my defenseman in NHL23 which is great at everything - a consummate professional

luckily i get both!! mwuahahahaha

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nemec, add Vilen. He is top 10/ close to be top ten prospect now.
Are you talking about Vilen? You mean top 10 in the prospect pool or top 10 in the league? If it's the latter I'd love to read your thoughts!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad