2023 Free Agent Frenzy

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It will be a frenzy when Snell, Montgomery, Belinger, Chapman, etc are at least *rumored* to go somewhere.
Montgomery is expected to re-sign with Texas once the Rangers get their RSN stuff figured out.

But the point still remains. Are we even sure Matt Chapman still actually exists? Even despite him being a Boras guy we've heard absolutely nothing about him.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Montgomery is expected to re-sign with Texas once the Rangers get their RSN stuff figured out.

But the point still remains. Are we even sure Matt Chapman still actually exists? Even despite him being a Boras guy we've heard absolutely nothing about him.
Are most the players left Boras guys? I'm wondering if we're $eeing a common theme

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The four guys Marc listed are all Boras clients yeah. Same for JD Martinez as well.

Still kinda wild we haven't heard much though.
Totally agree... but we also know Boras. Wonder how much of it is a coincidence. Probably not much of a chance.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Pirates giving Chapman 10.5M. As a ranger fan I was terrified every time he pitched. Not going to miss him

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
1706560010668.png

Saw this over the weekend. Might have been a move since...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I know the market has been very slow and not alot of $ spent but it seems odd that he would still be FA

Did he overestimate his worth/market and shoot for some absurd big $/Longterm deal? And now will be scrambling for a 1 yr deal or something that is multi-year but with an out?

It's the Scott Boras effect; once again, he's overvalued his clients and it looks like teams are finally waking up to his antics.

Pretty sure every single remaining top free agent is affiliated with him. It's a terrible look for baseball.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I know the market has been very slow and not alot of $ spent but it seems odd that he would still be FA

Did he overestimate his worth/market and shoot for some absurd big $/Longterm deal? And now will be scrambling for a 1 yr deal or something that is multi-year but with an out?
I have heard Snell was wanting 9 years at $270 million dollars. So $30 million per year until he is 40 years old.

The Yankees have been rumored to offer 6 years at $150 million dollars.

So there is a very big gap between the two.

Snell is a great pitcher, but I have a suspicion he isn't going to age well.

He is a high-strikeout and high-walk pitcher.

What will happen to him as he gets older and starts to lose his stuff? The strikeouts will probably disappear but the walks will remain.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have heard Snell was wanting 9 years at $270 million dollars. So $30 million per year until he is 40 years old.

The Yankees have been rumored to offer 6 years at $150 million dollars.

So there is a very big gap between the two.

Snell is a great pitcher, but I have a suspicion he isn't going to age well.

He is a high-strikeout and high-walk pitcher.

What will happen to him as he gets older and starts to lose his stuff? The strikeouts will probably disappear but the walks will remain.
I don’t see him going over well in New York

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Wasn't he that former White Sox player that Donaldson called Jackie Robinson :laugh:

I just remembered he was suspended for that, too...crazy times.

People were saying there were racial tones to it....he literally referred to himself as today's Jackie Robinson, which was cringey as hell.

----------------

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Wasn't he that former White Sox player that Donaldson called Jackie Robinson :laugh:

No…he called himself Jackie and then Donaldson picked up on it
I just remembered he was suspended for that, too...crazy times.

People were saying there were racial tones to it....he literally referred to himself as today's Jackie Robinson, which was cringey as hell.

----------------

And down goes Anderson!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad