2023 Free Agent Frenzy

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It takes as long as it takes. I get that people want buzz and excitement but as the article below your post explains, they aren’t going to agree to terms that would impose deadlines and affect the deal making ability. This is going to be a pretty unreal offseason in terms of activity because of the number of high value FA on the market. It’s gonna happen soon enough
I get all of that. Just saying it’s brutally long and boring. I understand why the players wouldn’t want to impose a deadline.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I get all of that. Just saying it’s brutally long and boring. I understand why the players wouldn’t want to impose a deadline.
It is what it is. I get that you find it boring until the big dominoes fall and you are more than entitled to that opinion but the deals will happen eventually. And also, there have been *some* sizeable signings and trades already. I think it’s getting blown out of proportion a bit because the mega elite guns haven’t gone yet.

Gray was runner up to the CY and signed a new deal with a new team. Braves, Mariners, Dbacks, Yankees, Red Sox have made interesting decent named trades with each other. It’s not Ohtani and Soto but it’s not nothing.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The uncertainty of where Arte could pivot to after losing Ohtani is pretty terrifying, if we must waste money on another star I just hope it’s Yamamoto. I’ll be livid if this team signs Snell or Bellinger or trades for Bieber

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The uncertainty of where Arte could pivot to after losing Ohtani is pretty terrifying, if we must waste money on another star I just hope it’s Yamamoto. I’ll be livid if this team signs Snell or Bellinger or trades for Bieber

I am far from sold on Yamamoto. He's not a big guy. I just think he's a disaster waiting to happen with his strikeout numbers and smaller frame. Might be a decent contract for 3-4 years then atrocious thereafter

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I am far from sold on Yamamoto. He's not a big guy. I just think he's a disaster waiting to happen with his strikeout numbers and smaller frame. Might be a decent contract for 3-4 years then atrocious thereafter
I don’t want to sign him either (the Angels desperately need to rebuild around the emerging Neto, O’Hoppe, Schanuel, Detmers young core), but his age makes him the safest gamble to me if we must throw money at someone

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I don’t want to sign him either (the Angels desperately need to rebuild around the emerging Neto, O’Hoppe, Schanuel, Detmers young core), but his age makes him the safest gamble to me if we must throw money at someone

I still think he goes to NYM or NYY in the end...think the Yankees aura coupled with Senga and Cohen's money one of those 2 is going to win out. I do wonder how the Mets would manage both guys who like an extra day between starts in the same rotation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad