NBA 2023 Free Agent Frenzy

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

This may be small news in context to the league in general, but this is HUGE for the Kings. They’ve been trying to bring him over for a couple of years.

Kings still have money after this signing. Getting Barnes and Lyles back on the same money and less term Washington signed Kuzma was also huge. It’s nice finally having a gm that can do their job without interference again. Probably haven’t had one since early Geoff Petrie.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not a fan of the vincent or reddish signings for the lakers. hayes is a good one, but they still need another big man. someone like plumlee or biyombo would be perfect

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
not a fan of the vincent or reddish signings for the lakers. hayes is a good one, but they still need another big man. someone like plumlee or biyombo would be perfect
I’m really hoping Plumlee goes to us instead. A big who can rebound and take up space is the most key part the Kings are currently missing.

Different scenario, but even happier with Sasha’s deal now.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’m really hoping Plumlee goes to us instead. A big who can rebound and take up space is the most key part the Kings are currently missing.

Different scenario, but even happier with Sasha’s deal now.
Plumlee would be a great backup for Embiid but I doubt the Sixers have the cap space. Can't really do anything meaningful until the Harden situation is resolved.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Life would be a lot easier in Philly if he would have just opted out.
I don't think so. This way they can use his salary in a trade. If he had opted out I don't think they would have had the cap space to do anything significant. Now, at least in theory, they could get Paul George. Or a package of lesser players who could still have meaningful roles given the Sixers lack of depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad