Confirmed Signing with Link: 2023 Free Agency Thread

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think this has to be the first time an ECHL player is being taken to arbitration haha. I'm surprised the NHL allows this. Whats there to argue? He spent most of his season in the ECHL, no one thinks he's worth more than league minimum. I'm sure he'd be happy to even get 2 way NHL contract.
Yeah, if it's true they elected arbitration on an ECHL player purely to open the second Buyout window, that seems like something the NHL shouldn't allow. Is that what really happened? :oops:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Yeah, if it's true they elected arbitration on an ECHL player purely to open the second Buyout window, that seems like something the NHL shouldn't allow. Is that what really happened? :oops:
No other reason to be taking him to arbitration. If I was the player or agent I’d take any nhl contract offered at this point

There should be a rule that arbitration can only be elected for a player that played 10+ nhl games within the last 2 seasons

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Damn, that's Wilde his career has turned out like this, but not getting an offer doesn't Bode well for him..
1345FF0E-8183-4A12-9F59-1A7375E15CCB.gif

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Hmm, that would imply Cal Foote would be let go. Which is somewhat surprising. I mean, most fans did not like him one bit when he played for us after the Trade Deadline. We joked about waiving him after training camp. But sort of figured he'd at least get the token contract offer and get a chance to at least start as a #7/8 guy on D.

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
So would Edmonton qualify him as a way of maintaining his rights in case he changes his mind and comes out of retirement?

Holland probably doesn't want someone pulling what he did with Boyd Devereaux 23 years ago.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area

All three of Keyser and Bussi and DiPietro in the AHL? After their entry level contract ends and a goalie ends up on a non-ELC NHL contract, doesn't the team need permission to send the goalie down to the ECHL? What if the goalie says no? Or are they planning to make Keyser an NHL backup? Or maybe just roll three goalies in the AHL and the guy who's playing the worst gets very few starts?

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Absolutely perplexed by the Canucks not qualifying Bear. He was their second best defenseman last year, and he’s not expensive.

Really hope the Wings take a flyer on him.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad