2023 Free Agency Frenzy

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Some pretty exquisite dumpster diving by Blake.

200w.gif

Hey at least we didn't give Ryan Reeves 3 years.

Mcsorley47

Jan 12, 2021
Yorba Linda, Ca
Englund, Lewis and JAD are all good signing.

Englund becomes the 3rd line physical D we need.

Love Lewis back and let’s give JAD a chance.

We all know Cam is here until the trade deadline, then gets traded for a real goalie along with this years first round pick; Blake, I see you man.

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Englund, Lewis and JAD are all good signing.

Englund becomes the 3rd line physical D we need.

Love Lewis back and let’s give JAD a chance.

We all know Cam is here until the trade deadline, then gets traded for a real goalie along with this years first round pick; Blake, I see you man.
I think Englund is physical LD Kinga need instead of Moverare

Blues' Logan Brown Bloodied After Taking Hip Check From Andreas Englund - YouTube

Andreas Englund And Austin Watson Drop The Gloves - YouTube

Keegan Kolesar And Andreas Englund Drop The Gloves - YouTube

Nick Foligno And Andreas Englund Drop The Gloves - YouTube

Brandon Baddock And Andreas Englund Roughing Penalties - YouTube

Kurtis MacDermid giving fighting lessons to Andreas Englund - YouTube

Andreas Englund interview post morning skate 11-14-22 - YouTube

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Nice pick up by Winnipeg. Wish Blake was in on him, especially at that contract, rather than Talbot.

356848084_639962988159707_2124722022151985893_n.jpg

Rangers sign free agent RW Blake Wheeler, formerly of the Winnipeg Jets, to a 1-year deal worth $800k, with $300k in max bonuses.

The 36 year old former Jets captain scored 16 goals and 39 assists in 72 games last season.

356705510_589985929950095_3889200315380631074_n.jpg

Nice p/u by the Rags for league minimum.

Reactions: Schrute farms

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Nice pick up by Winnipeg. Wish Blake was in on him, especially at that contract, rather than Talbot.

356848084_639962988159707_2124722022151985893_n.jpg

Rangers sign free agent RW Blake Wheeler, formerly of the Winnipeg Jets, to a 1-year deal worth $800k, with $300k in max bonuses.

The 36 year old former Jets captain scored 16 goals and 39 assists in 72 games last season.

356705510_589985929950095_3889200315380631074_n.jpg

Nice p/u by the Rags for league minimum.

How the f*** were we not all over this for that price?

Reactions: Schrute farms

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
How the f*** were we not all over this for that price?
He was a rumored cancer in the locker room is a billion years old and some people might not want to play in LA. NYR lost Tarasenko and Kane this off-season so probably has a better chance to play top 6 in NY.

If Blake signed him pitchforks would be out for blocking Kaliyev and other rooks.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I’m just catching up as I was out all day…

That ROR deal with Nashville, 😆.

Buyout in two years. He’s just about toast. Nice retirement contract though.

The Korpisalo deal, no thanks. Pretty decent chunk of change. No way he was coming back.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Pierre Luc Dubois - 2nd Line Forward
Cam Talbot - NHL Backup
Andreas Englund - 7D
David Rittich - AHL Backup
Mikhail Maltsev - AHL Top Six Forward
Steven Santini - AHL Top Pairing D

Awesome.

Reactions: SirJW

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Not sure what people were expecting today, in the end. Blake has criminally mismanaged his cap space over the past few years and consistently overpaid and overcommitted on contracts. We had to fill out a lot of roster spots with very little space.

This season will come down to whether or not PLD tries and whether or not Byfield breaks out.

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Constantly neglecting the glaring holes (no this is not a review of Blake's favorite Surfer girl x-rated flick) is starting to become part of Blake's shtick now.

Team toughness
Thankfully we didn't resign MacEwen, but there's still no way we win in the post season. VGK is certainly evident of this.

4th line identity
Lizotte and Lemieux had a good thing going 2 years but that fell fizzled after Lemieux got hurt. I guess it's back to JAD, Lizotte, and Tonka? Bjugstad looked great on EDM. It was like he won every faceoff against us. I get the love for Lizotte but was an absolute rag doll in the post season to put it lightly.

3 LD to partner w/ Clarke or Spence
Soucy was out of our reach due to cap restraint but taking a portion of Provorov's contract is nuts. This prevented us from using that $ on a 3 LD or a goalie. I guess this is where Englund fits? I know he's fought a few tough hombres before but he's not a good player.

Goalie situation
I mean, at least we traded for Portillo...? Talbot f***ing sucks.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Not sure what people were expecting today, in the end. Blake has criminally mismanaged his cap space over the past few years and consistently overpaid and overcommitted on contracts. We had to fill out a lot of roster spots with very little space.

This season will come down to whether or not PLD tries and whether or not Byfield breaks out.
I thought from what I was hearing from The Kings organization was this coming season the Kings were to be more serious about taking another big step at going deeper into the playoffs. But from the moves it doesn't look like that will happen. They are weak in net, and with the team they have that will be a very big problem. This team is not big like Vegas, not as strong as Vegas and not as fast as Vegas. Vegas blocks shots and they box out almost perfectly protecting their goaltender, Kings are nowhere as close at doing this as Vegas does. I say this because a lot of people are using Vegas to make a point that you don't need a good goaltender. But I don't agree with that. Looks at the teams that have won in the past 6 years, strong goaltending.

Mcsorley47

Jan 12, 2021
Yorba Linda, Ca
I’m going to guess this year will be the year we throw in another 1st rounder to trade and sign a goalie at the deadline.

I can only hope this is the strategy. We’re not winning shit with Cam.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I don’t think the goaltending will be an issue. The forward depth and the loss of the goals of Vilardi, AI and Kupari will need to replaced.

Also, the 4th line is still total crap. Same line Oilers ran over.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I thought from what I was hearing from The Kings organization was this coming season the Kings were to be more serious about taking another big step at going deeper into the playoffs. But from the moves it doesn't look like that will happen. They are weak in net, and with the team they have that will be a very big problem. This team is not big like Vegas, not as strong as Vegas and not as fast as Vegas. Vegas blocks shots and they box out almost perfectly protecting their goaltender, Kings are nowhere as close at doing this as Vegas does. I say this because a lot of people are using Vegas to make a point that you don't need a good goaltender. But I don't agree with that. Looks at the teams that have won in the past 6 years, strong goaltending.

Yeah, I can absolutely see the Kings taking a big step back this season. PLD, Byfield, and Kaliyev probably need to combine for 70 goals for the team to take a step forward, with Kopitar, Kempe, and everyone else standing pat on production from last year.

It really all comes down to Byfield.

Reactions: jgs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad