Prospect Info: 2023 Draft Thread (Yotes picking #6 & #12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Why do you have to take Michkov if he’s there? The earliest I’d take him is 8th. Even then…
Because Michkov is a game changing, franchise altering player.

The kid is the best goal scoring threat we've seen since Ovechkin was drafted.

Like it or not, Mich is a superstar sitting there for the taking at 6 (assuming he's there).

There should be absolutely no hesitation on BA's part to draft him.

You get 3 years to woo him if he initially does not want to come over. If you can't convince him in 3 years, you can sell him to the highest bidder.

Top 2 picks never fall out of the Top 2 ... let alone the Top 5.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Gotta go with @Sinurgy on this one. I think he was being purposely coy when asked about Michkov. I’m not saying that they are going to draft him, but I didn’t take that as them saying that they weren’t going to.

Even followed up with a smirk, and said “that’s top-secret information to, not sure I can answer that.”
Agreed. “Haven’t talked to him”. He’s messing with everyone. Probably won’t draft him, but might draft him, maybe trade the pick, but will definitely keep #6. BA having some fun.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Sinurgy

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
Agreed. “Haven’t talked to him”. He’s messing with everyone. Probably won’t draft him, but might draft him, maybe trade the pick, but will definitely keep #6. BA having some fun.
Agree. He won’t even reveal what color suits they are wearing tomorrow. I don’t picture him showing his hand on what their plans are for that pick. If they got an interview, that would determine what their plans are with Michkov if he is even there.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe I’m drinking the Koolaid but to me talent wins. He’s the only potentially available player who could challenge Cooley at the top of our prospect ranking if we get him.
Small (probably much smaller than listed, who knows, he wasn’t at the combine), one-dimensional winger, without great feet. Then we start with the red flags after.

Because Michkov is a game changing, franchise altering player.
So was Nail Yakupov.
The kid is the best goal scoring threat we've seen since Ovechkin was drafted.
Is he? I thought I read somewhere that a huge chunk of his KHL production came in two blowout games.

I wouldn’t know. It’s impossible to watch him play.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
<insert my 500th rant about that stupid f***ing winning streak post all-star break here>
I thought I was the only one that wasn't celebrating the meaningless wins that pushed us out of top 3 (top 5 even!) and lowered our lottery odds. It didn't feel good then, and it feels even worse now. Soooooooo not worth it!

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Benson shoe game

He was raised by carnie folk. Not kid. Family business is the carnival business. If he wasn’t in hockey, he’d be a carnie.

EDIT:

Proof of carnie upbringing:

Benson shoe game

That Leonard is WIDE - dang. No wonder he generates so much power and reverse hits like a champ. Dude is an anvil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That Leonard is WIDE - dang. No wonder he generates so much power and reverse hits like a champ. Dude is an anvil.
Damn no doubt! See this a great example of how weight is more important measurement of size than height. At least when it comes to power, physicality, and how one might handle NHL rigors (especially playoffs) which is usually what people are concerned with when talking size.

rt

May 13, 2004
Issue is take off time is 4:50 and you can’t get wifi until in flight, right? So between boarding and takeoff I’ll miss it.
I realized I could just use my wife’s name and credit card and email and get signed up for Sling that way. So I’ve purchased everything and got my DVR all set and the app loaded up for the plane. Whoop whoop!

Reactions: Grimes and Mosby

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
He was raised by carnie folk. Not kid. Family business is the carnival business. If he wasn’t in hockey, he’d be a carnie.

EDIT:

Proof of carnie upbringing:

He is big, but that Wood is filled out for a guy his height. Biggest guy in the picture

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Thinking about Montreal. They used 1st overall on a winger (Slafkovsky) last year. They traded premium assets for a W/C option in Dach and they drafted Mesar (a winger) in the 1st, as well.

Now, they've trade a late 1st AND early 2nd for ANOTHER W/C option in Newhook.

They've got one pick left in the 1st. Fifth overall. Are they going to use it on another winger like Michkov or Leonard? Or are they thinking Reinbacher? If so, will they trade back?

Philly is rumored to be willing to include 22nd overall with 7th overall to get Michkov. That 22nd overall pick is more-or-less equivalent to the value they gave up for Newhook. Montreal could get Reinbacher at 7th and basically add Newhook for the trouble.

Meanwhile it leaves BA with his choice of Leonard or Dvorsky at 6th.
I am starting to think if Leonard falls to us we still pick Dvorsky

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

rt

May 13, 2004
I am starting to think if Leonard falls to us we still pick Dvorsky
To me, every time BA gets in front of a mic and starts talking about who he’s gonna draft, he just starts providing Ryan Leonard scouting reports. Half the time he starts citing highlights of Leonard’s resume. It feels transparent, to me.

Yet a ton of insiders and folks around the scouting community have continued to beat that Dvorsky drum over the last week, or so. I think it’ll be one of the two. Not sure which.

I still think if both are there it’ll be Leonard. I’ll be fine either way. I like Leonard more but Dvorsky is a center. Centers seem to retain more value over time. We’re seeing a lot of decent wingers moved for very little these days.

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I thought I was the only one that wasn't celebrating the meaningless wins that pushed us out of top 3 (top 5 even!) and lowered our lottery odds. It didn't feel good then, and it feels even worse now. Soooooooo not worth it!
Did either of you or Sinurgy attend any of the wins? If not get over it. Hell even if you did, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino