2023 Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Benson has a Mazur mullet. We Need him and Danielson stat. Trade up certain to happen! And to make the European wings fans happy we can spell their names with an extra ‘S’.

Bensson and Danielson.
It'ss definitely interessting. But I'm not quite ssure how I feel about that ssituation jusst yet.

Reactions: Realgud

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Can someone tell me why Dvorsky is so highly rated? Barely any points in a weak 2nd tier men's league, -19 player, unnoticeable in the play-offs. He is kinda slow and was not very impressive when he was playing on even strength.

However, had a very good WJC-18 tournament and is kinda big.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
Can someone tell me why Dvorsky is so highly rated? Barely any points in a weak 2nd tier men's league, -19 player, unnoticeable in the play-offs. He is kinda slow and was not very impressive when he was playing on even strength.

Good size, can skate, people think he has untapped offensive potential and he’s dominated his age group.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

His consolidated ranking is 8, he's center, good size and don't afraid play physical game. Some said his skating will get improve. Good hockey IQ. For next 2 seasons will play in SHL and after that next 3 season with cheap entry contract.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing

High hockey IQ, elite defensively, high character and work ethic, hard and accurate shot, good playmaker.

I think you are staring too much on men's league points, Dvorsky has mainly played in a defensive role in the men's leagues. And he has played in men's league's since he was 15, he's been too good to play in the junior level since then.
Allsvenskan is a men's league, Dvorsky would have destroyed the WHL this year. Dvorsky's team AIK wasn't a top team in Allsvenskan, they finished in 10th place this year. And Dvorsky was by far the youngest player in that team.

And speaking of the Junior tournaments, 2 x U20 WJC tournaments. 9 games and 5 points in a defensive role and as a underaged. Hlinka Gretzky cup, 5 games and 12 points in addition to great U18 tournament. Leading Slovakia to medal round games.

In J20 level Dvorsky(1.42ppg) has outscored the likes Henrik Sedin(1.38), Mikael Backlund(1.35), William Nylander(1.32), Elias Lindholm(1.29), William Karlsson(1.25), Carl Hagelin(1.17), Lucas Raymond(1.15), Gustav Nyquist(1.14) and Jonathan Berggren(1.03) and others.

Filip Forsberg 2011-12, 43 games and 17 points. Leksands was top-2 team that year in Allsvenskan. And during the the same season Forsberg played 6 J20 games and scored 1 assist. Dvorsky played 10 J20 games and scored 21 points. Dvorsky played 5 games less in Allsvenskan this year than Forsberg in 11-12. Dvorsky also outscores Forsberg in NT level.

Dvorsky is a real deal, during the U18 Worlds the announcer said that Dvorsky could easily score more but he's so committed to play for the team that his style of game won't generate that "much" points. At the U18 Worlds the announcers also mentioned at least 3-4 times when Dvorsky speaks, the entire Slovakian bench is listening. That's how high his character is.

Skating needs more work but he turned 18 a week ago and that skating might be the lucky factor that drops Dvorsky to us. On paper Dvorsky is exactly the type of player what Yzerman wants.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This threads been going for two seasons and is about to be closed for the gdt. I feel like we should have some kind of ceremony.
Funny my first post was a highlight of Calum Ritchie, I would be happy drafting him with our pick at #17. Probably in the minority on that. That is a bigger guy with a good skill level and not a bad skater.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Funny my first post was a highlight of Calum Ritchie, I would be happy drafting him with our pick at #17. Probably in the minority on that. That is a bigger guy with a good skill level and not a bad skater.
Ritchie and Yager are two that I can think of that could totally pop in their D+1 year. Every year there is someone who was well regarded going into the year who lays a total egg in their draft year, only to rebound spectacularly in their D+1 year. My money is on this happening to one of these two.

Reactions: Realgud and Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hmm, interesting.

Ritchie and Yager are two that I can think of that could totally pop in their D+1 year. Every year there is someone who was well regarded going into the year who lays a total egg in their draft year, only to rebound spectacularly in their D+1 year. My money is on this happening to one of these two.
Could this happen with Stramel do you think?

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario

Prorate Musty’s production over a full 68 games, like some CHL prospects played, and he was on pace for a 100 point season.

Also one of the youngest players in the draft !
He has great size and plays with power.
He was also the number 1 overall pick in the OHL bantam draft as a 15 year old. (He isn’t some out of nowhere fluke)

Definitely one of my favorites at 17. Great size, skill and a proven elite production profile at a very young age.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Prorate Musty’s production over a full 68 games, like some CHL prospects played, and he was on pace for a 100 point season.

He was also the number 1 overall pick in the OHL bantam draft as a 15 year old. (He isn’t some out of nowhere fluke)

Definitely one of my favorites at 17. Great size, skill and a proven elite production profile at a very young age.
He's due to pop off this upcoming season too. Sudbury should be one of the top teams in the OHL. People are going to see what he can really do. He'd be a great pick at 17.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I like Sale and Musty. I went into the year especially liking Sale.

It's just... can you get them to compete every night for an 82 game season? Can you get them to play hard when the other team has the puck? Can you count on them to back check and not give up odd mans the other way?

I don't know.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Look, the only possible solution to appease HF at this point is to get three more 1st Rd picks and take: Benson, Dvorsky, Danielson, Wood, and Reinbacher.
You left out Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, and Smith. Total bust of a draft without selecting all of those players as well.

#GimmeAllThePicks #RealisticExpectations

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hmm, interesting.

I don't think it would be crazy if it happened. Wisco was such a shit show that I don't know what to make of Stramel's season. I really like him with one of our 2nd round picks notwithstanding the season. He is not dynamic but pretty good. I am a huge Mike Hastings fan and think he is a great hire for the Badgers. Stramel could be a big benefactor of the hire.

My feelings on 17 have changed a lot over the last month. I am very willing to look past some of the usual suspects. If the organization likes Ritchie or Edstrom or Musty or But enough to take them at 17, I think I could get totally behind those picks.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

He has some personality, could be Corey Perry better version. If Draper likes him, I would be very excited to get him, especially if first guy will be Benson .

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
You left out Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, and Smith. Total bust of a draft without selecting all of those players as well.

#GimmeAllThePicks #RealisticExpectations

also we shouldn't give up anything for those picks other than Zadina

Yzerman can negotiate some sort of timeshare agreement for his services

Reactions: jkutswings

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm reaching the point where I think my dream draft for 9 & 17 is Zach Benson and Daniil But.

And now I just want to see those draft day photos

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
…you’re asking me if I would take a future Conn Smythe winner at 9? Yes, the answer is yes.

No kidding lol. Would you take a guy who has a Smythe, can hit 75 points in a season, multiple 30 goal seasons at 9th overall? Hes averaged over 65 points a year his last 6 seasons. If youre not happy with that at 9, youll never be happy

Big, fairly physical center with skill. People dont care a whole lot about his Allsvenskan numbers because he has absolutely dominated against his own age group whenever hes played them. Not just at the u18s

Stramel is a guy I would definitely take the risk on with one of 3 second rounders if hes still there (I dont think he will be). His play the last couple years everywhere besides Wisconsin is top 15 worthy. His size, physicality, skating and defense combo is way too good for some NHL team to not take before 41. But if he gets there, the offense comes around a bit and you have an absolute force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad