2023 Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
why are they swimming for funzies in the middle of a gaht dam war??? The fuc* is wrong with those people...jesus.

Too many hits to the head + not finishing high school?

I trust Yzerman more than I trust Chad Smiley. If I had to choose between Yzerman picking Honzek at 9 or Chad Smiley being not done, well, that pick just makes itself.

Who tf is Chad Smiley anyway? Never heard of him. :nod::D

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
i'm dying inside here...

Not even just for us which I am head over heels for right now, but just the chaos this specific draft will ensue. I truly believe it is going to be insane and that is the only reason why I watch relentlessly lol
100 percent agree.

And the agave icing on the cake is the friend's house who is hosting, equipped with a stellar tequila collection. Even if Detroit poops the bed, this is going to be a really enjoyable draft. :laugh:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think it pins a player down to a team player or rule follower.

There is no wrong answer in this scenario. The bombing could miss all his friends or kill all of them, but he is seen as someone who follows the rules and listens to his leaders, regardless of price.

If he says no he wouldn't do that, then he could be considered a player that doesn't listen to leaders. This could present a problem because (idk if many of you have ever felt/done this) sometimes young people think they know what is best but with time and patience, circumstances change. When leaders tell you to do something (especially in the military, such as this specific example) you are expected to follow because they obviously have some kind of intel or know more than you do. Saying no means you are defiant also.

On the flip side, by saying no, he is a team player and someone who will stick up for his guys at all costs. This is beneficial because there could be (not big, but slight) a chance/feeling that he may take less in contract talks because the greater good of the team is needed more than just him. It also could mean that he thinks of others before himself (commendable trait tbh. Not many people especially in today's world has that).

To be that confident in his answer and conviction to me proves he is a team player that will do anything for his team, regardless of personal accolades. But, if during all of your scouting and pre-draft interviews with his current coaching staff and front office, you could potentially see yourself have a problem that he won't listen/understand/follow the direction from above. If the pre-draft interviews shows nothing of the sort, then you probably won't have a problem. If the pre-draft interviews shows slight hesitation or examples of him not listening, then that presents a major issue when he answers the way he does.

It's a very telling question that, yes it is hilarious because of the exact scenario said, but pulling back the curtain to try and figure out what the actual meaning is, is quite interesting.
Not the descriptor I'd use.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I hope to god we pass on that circus midget Benson at 9. I am tired of all of the clowns on this board who haven't spent a day of their life in an ice rink telling us that size and skating don't matter. I will be genuinely pissed if we take Benson at 9. He is pure fool's gold as an NHLer. I can't wait until Brady Tkachuk puts his forearm through his teeth and knocks his block to Yellowknife.
guess all the guys in the WHL getting turned inside out by Benson haven’t spent a day on a rink either , eh bud

1/2 of the Tkachuk clan got his ass handed to him by Midget Marchessault btw

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I wonder if trading for DeBrincat would lesson the likelyhood of drafting Benson and the Wings go center instead.

Wings will go:
- nobody from Canadian juniors
- nobody from USDP
- no Czech citizen
- nobody of bedard, fantilli, carlsson, michkov, smith who will go for sure at top8 if not top5
- no defenceman under 6'2

So it will leave a shortlist for 9th overall:
- C Dvorsky
- RD Reinbacher
- C/W Wood
- C Stenberg

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Wings will go:
- nobody from USDP
- no Czech citizen
- nobody of bedard, fantilli, carlsson, michkov, smith who will go for sure at top8

- Dvorsky
- Reinbacher
- Wood
- Stenberg
if that's the list then dvorsky it is.

I have officially turned to wanting benson as my final #9 pick. If available, I am pretty confident yzerman chooses him. If he isn't, then I hope to god dvorsky is there

Reactions: evolutionbaby

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I think it's Benson.

They had no problem taking Raymond right? They're not dumb, Benson is a typical top 3 or 4 pick most other years. If thry take someone else over him so be it it's bc they think that player is better has nothing to do with shying away from smaller players.

I've been watching any video I can get on Benson lately too, kid is so f***ing good. His skating is so overblown it's not even funny. Kids a good skater especially on his edges. I'd go as far as to say he's edgework is excellent. He's no straightline burner but he's not slow at all.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wings will go:
- nobody from USDP
- no Czech citizen
- nobody of bedard, fantilli, carlsson, michkov, smith who will go for sure at top8 if not top5

- C Dvorsky
- RD Reinbacher
- C/W Wood
- C Stenberg
Where do you get this nugget of wisdom from?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Vrana... Hronek... Zadina... certain natives going out...

...and Edouard Sale with his character and consistency issues, is exactly a player Yzerman is not gonna draft at 9th overall.
So complete bullshit. Got it.

Sale isn't ranked in the top 17, let alone top 9. Yzerman isn't going to draft Stenberg at 9 either.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
1687824578945.gif

Reactions: norrisnick

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Vrana... Hronek... Zadina... certain natives going out...

...and Edouard Sale with his character and consistency issues, is exactly a player Yzerman is not gonna draft at 9th overall.
You could say the same when he got rid of Drouin, St-Louis, Mantha... yet he still signed Perron, Doucet, Bernier...

I don't think it means much, if anything

Reactions: norrisnick

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This draft is excellent first round, good early second and after that who cares .
So what do you do, get 9+17, then trade up for late first yearly second.

Chad Smiley

Oct 9, 2020
I think it's Benson.

They had no problem taking Raymond right? They're not dumb, Benson is a typical top 3 or 4 pick most other years. If thry take someone else over him so be it it's bc they think that player is better has nothing to do with shying away from smaller players.

I've been watching any video I can get on Benson lately too, kid is so f***ing good. His skating is so overblown it's not even funny. Kids a good skater especially on his edges. I'd go as far as to say he's edgework is excellent. He's no straightline burner but he's not slow at all.
Best passer in the draft hands down. He'd be a steal at 9.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
guess all the guys in the WHL getting turned inside out by Benson haven’t spent a day on a rink either , eh bud

1/2 of the Tkachuk clan got his ass handed to him by Midget Marchessault btw
Bud, would you be happy with Marchessault at 9th OA? Serious question. If I was picking kids in a WHL dispersal draft I would be all over Benson. We are not, however, drafting players for a WHL team, we are drafting them to play in the NHL. I am taking a stand against the kid at 9 and will wait for him to show me I was wrong. Skating concerns are never overblown when you are 5'9". If you want a smaller skilled player at 9, for my money you take Perrault and cross your fingers.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Bud, would you be happy with Marchessault at 9th OA? Serious question. If I was picking kids in a WHL dispersal draft I would be all over Benson. We are not, however, drafting players for a WHL team, we are drafting them to play in the NHL. I am taking a stand against the kid at 9 and will wait for him to show me I was wrong. Skating concerns are never overblown when you are 5'9". If you want a smaller skilled player at 9, for my money you take Perrault and cross your fingers.
…you’re asking me if I would take a future Conn Smythe winner at 9? Yes, the answer is yes.

Reactions: newfy and Realgud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad