2023 Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I thought we had a thread for this, but couldn't find it.

I know this is the Bedard/Michkov draft, and rightfully so. But this Calum Ritchie kid has looked very impressive in the OHL from what I've seen.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
It’s pretty hard for me to look forward to next years draft when we have so many difference makers we could draft in this one, last year was easier with 2021 being a down year overall(I think it was actually fairly good at the top for the record). Also depending on lottery results of this year we might not even need to care about 2023, I truly believe this team is an elite forward plus our new defensive prospects coming over away from competing.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Fantilli Dvorsky and Yager too. 3 more Centers likely to go in the top 5ish picks...I think we will be trading away alot of guys like Bertuzzi, Fabbri etc. so we could likely still be picking top 10 in 2023. There's also a Frolunda center Otto Stenberg...we all know how Stevie loves his Frolunda picks. If we get anywhere near the top 10 we will probably get a good center prospect from this draft.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fantilli Dvorsky and Yager too. 3 more Centers likely to go in the top 5ish picks...I think we will be trading away alot of guys like Bertuzzi, Fabbri etc. so we could likely still be picking top 10 in 2023. There's also a Frolunda center Otto Stenberg...we all know how Stevie loves his Frolunda picks. If we get anywhere near the top 10 we will probably get a good center prospect from this draft.

Dower Nilssons little brother is in this draft as well, in the Frolunda system.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Looking like a solid Center draft again if we are near the top 10.

Bedard
Dvorsky
Fantilli
Ritchie
Yager
Stenberg
Carlsson
Going to be a ridiculous draft but barring catastrophe, I don't think the wings will be picking top 10 in 2023.

Reactions: WF19

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Looking like a solid Center draft again if we are near the top 10.

Bedard
Dvorsky
Fantilli
Ritchie
Yager
Stenberg
Carlsson

That’s what I like about this draft. Lots of centers who, based on the early scouting reports, actually project as NHL centers. Unlike this years draft.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
There is no reason to get excited for next years draft. The wings will be lucky to end up with a top 10 pick this year and unless they are decimated by injuries will almost certainly be a playoff team next year. It kinda sucks because next year is absolutely loaded (and I know thats said every year but it really is, think 2003)....but on the bright side we might actually have playoff hockey to enjoy again!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There is no reason to get excited for next years draft. The wings will be lucky to end up with a top 10 pick this year and unless they are decimated by injuries will almost certainly be a playoff team next year. It kinda sucks because next year is absolutely loaded (and I know thats said every year but it really is, think 2003)....but on the bright side we might actually have playoff hockey to enjoy again!
Well, I also follow the Kraken and all indications are that they'll be even worse next season. I hope they get Bedard, good players don't deserve to wind up in Arizona, Ottawa, or Buffalo.

As for the Wings? Hopefully we're looking at 16th or later. So tired of watching crap hockey.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Well, I also follow the Kraken and all indications are that they'll be even worse next season. I hope they get Bedard, good players don't deserve to wind up in Arizona, Ottawa, or Buffalo.

As for the Wings? Hopefully we're looking at 16th or later. So tired of watching crap hockey.

Lol we will still be 8-12 range pick wise at best next year.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Lol we will still be 8-12 range pick wise at best next year.
If Stevie can't replace DDK, Gagner, Rowney, Stephens, Ge Smith, and Leddy with better players then he shouldn't be a GM. Improve the bottom 6 and LHD, and this team will be competing for a wild card spot, especially if Vrana makes a full recovery.

I'm watching the Caps right now, their bottom 6 were acquired through UFA or trade:
Trade: Eller, Hagelin, Sprong
UFA: Hathaway, Dowd, Sheary, Snively

Same with their bottom end D:
Trade: Jensen, Kempny, TvR
UFA: Schultz, Irwin

Probably first round fodder though until the team gets a legit 2C.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If Stevie can't replace DDK, Gagner, Rowney, Stephens, Ge Smith, and Leddy with better players then he shouldn't be a GM. Improve the bottom 6 and LHD, and this team will be competing for a wild card spot, especially if Vrana makes a full recovery.

I'm watching the Caps right now, their bottom 6 were acquired through UFA or trade:
Trade: Eller, Hagelin, Sprong
UFA: Hathaway, Dowd, Sheary, Snively

Same with their bottom end D:
Trade: Jensen, Kempny, TvR
UFA: Schultz, Irwin

Probably first round fodder though until the team gets a legit 2C.

You want to keep that nickname next year too?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I don’t see us bottoming out again next year. Already middle of the pack -ish now and once we get vrana back + Edvinsson over + 1-2 good ufa signings, I see us making playoffs next year.

if we do tank though, it’s an amazing year to do so. Every one of Bedard, Yager, Dvorsky, Stenberg, Carlsson have 1C written all over them (so far). And that’s not even mentioning Michkov, etc

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You want to keep that nickname next year too?
Nah, I'm gonna change it to The Krapen to show my displeasure with the Krappy Kraken.

The Wings will be better next season just from Vrana being healthy, that's easily 25 extra goals above whoever he replaces. Wings are actually middle of the pack for goals scored, it's the crappy D that needs to be fixed and even mediocre guys like Zadarov would be an upgrade over DDK and Oesterle.

But I'm up for a bet if you want to wager on changing usernames. The bet is whether or not the Wings make the playoffs....

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There must be something in the water in Western Canada.

I count 8 defenseman that are 6'2" or bigger at 16 years old playing in the WHL for next year's draft.

This kid is a freaking monster already: Matteo Fabrizi at eliteprospects.com

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Nah, I'm gonna change it to The Krapen to show my displeasure with the Krappy Kraken.

The Wings will be better next season just from Vrana being healthy, that's easily 25 extra goals above whoever he replaces. Wings are actually middle of the pack for goals scored, it's the crappy D that needs to be fixed and even mediocre guys like Zadarov would be an upgrade over DDK and Oesterle.

But I'm up for a bet if you want to wager on changing usernames. The bet is whether or not the Wings make the playoffs....

I take that bet easy no way we are playoff team without drafting Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad