Prospect Info: 2023 Development Camp

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Even beyond the glaringly obvious skating differences Butcher didn’t break out until his Junior year. His first 2 years he had 16 and 18 pts both in 38 games. Casey had 29 pts in 37 games this year with one of the top data sets in the country

Reactions: Guadana

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
what? butcher being horrible? it's a thing

his last games on the team were some of the worst defence i've witnessed in a while....he was that bad..

and good riddance
No, saying someone is going to be him, I know he was a horrific skater. I don't know why people would compare Casey and Butcher, that's what I meant.

Last edited:
Reactions: njdevils1982

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Just please don`t compare Butcher with Casey. I would take Casey in 1 000 000 times out of 10 in trade, draft, FA market etc. Butcher was a cow on the ice. Casey may will have a problem in NHL, but he is electric player with awesome potential and puck battles issues(may be, may be he will use his small size to gain musclus right and protect the puck the way Bratt is doing it).

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Butcher and Smith were two the most horrible players in "expectation - reality" category, but I don`t understand what people expect from both, I think having Marino for 3 round pick, 5 round pick, Butcher and Smith is a great output. Strange decision from Fitz camp to draft players with bad skating when we literally have a lot of bad skaters in roster(ex-roster) pool from bust category. Casey can find himself in position of the best "stealed" prospect from the draft, because he can be quicker with the puck on the short distance than most of his opponents.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Butcher and Smith were two the most horrible players in "expectation - reality" category, but I don`t understand what people expect from both, I think having Marino for 3 round pick, 5 round pick, Butcher and Smith is a great output. Strange decision from Fitz camp to draft players with bad skating when we literally have a lot of bad skaters in roster poll from bust category. Casey can find himself in position of the best "stealed" prospect from the draft, because he can be quicker with the puck on the short distance than most of his opponents.
I agree the bad skater picks are surprising in today's NHL.

Reactions: Guadana

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Please don't butcher Casey
But you need Caseying's so the Butcher can make sausages.

fozzy-bear-fozzie.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Other than some general Casey has skill posting and Hameenaho scoring a goal in a shootout do we have any real idea of what the players are doing at the Development Camp and who is playing well? Pity they didn't offer any online stream.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Other than some general Casey has skill posting and Hameenaho scoring a goal in a shootout do we have any real idea of what the players are doing at the Development Camp and who is playing well? Pity they didn't offer any online stream.
Isn't there usually a stream for the Friday scrimmage, or are they not doing that this year?

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It’s like the online content team saw the roster and went, “Eh, no big deal”

Usually we at least get written recaps of all the goals, some opinion commentary, and some videos.

This year we’ve gotten a few PR articles, still photos, and a couple of interviews. Better than nothing but I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the actual hockey being practiced/played.

They had a packed house yesterday so the interest in what was going on is still there.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
i was thinking last night that it feels like we’re getting a lot less updates about the day to day activities than we have previously. Could just be coincidence. The Devils’ twitter posted about a trip to West Point about an hour ago.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad