Prospect Info: 2023 CHL Memorial Cup: Quebec Remparts beat Seattle Thunderbirds 5-0

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
WHL teams lately have stumbled in the Memorial Cup even if they were probably the favorites to win it. And it's not just that they didn't win it or make the final, they were eliminated in the round robin stage.

2022: Edmonton Oil Kings: 0 wins
2019: Prince Albert Raiders: 0 wins
2018: Swift Current Broncos: 0 wins
2017: Seattle Thunderbirds: 0 wins
2016: Brandon Wheat Kings: 0 wins

You have to go back to 2015 to see a WHL team pick up a win in the round robin stage.

Just a note, Guenther was injured last year. They changed the trade rules, allwing WHL teams to 'load up' for a run.

Davy interview this morning.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
What happens if the host team wins their league championship? only 3 teams at mem cup or another finalist plays?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Some draft eligibles to keep an eye on:

Gracyn Sawchyn - Seattle
Nico Myatovic - Seattle
Connor Levis - Kamloops
Sawyer Mynio - Seattle
Donovan McCoy - Peterborough

Sawchyn is an opportunity with our Florida pick to get a highly skilled forward prospect who might be undervalued by being on a very deep team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It starts tonight.

Quebec vs. Kamloops @ 9PM ET (as the title says, all games will be on TSN & RDS)

It will be on RDS2, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

JT3

May 27, 2013
Some draft eligibles to keep an eye on:

Gracyn Sawchyn - Seattle
Nico Myatovic - Seattle
Connor Levis - Kamloops
Sawyer Mynio - Seattle
Donovan McCoy - Peterborough
I like Myatovic quite a bit, not sure he'd still be on the board at our 3rd but he'd be a fantastic pick there. Wouldn't be too mad if we took him with the 2nd either but we'll see what's available there I guess.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Myatovic quite a bit, not sure he'd still be on the board at our 3rd but he'd be a fantastic pick there. Wouldn't be too mad if we took him with the 2nd either but we'll see what's available there I guess.

I'd be pretty mad if we took him at 37. Wayyyyy too rich.

Reactions: JT3

JT3

May 27, 2013
I'd be pretty mad if we took him at 37. Wayyyyy too rich.
I think he's got under-rated skill. Kinda guy that might take off next season with added responsibility, and teams will always covet a guy that has that kind of package of size/skating/skill. I agree that there are likely better targets at 37, but I'm not sure he's available with our next pick either.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think he's got under-rated skill. Kinda guy that might take off next season with added responsibility, and teams will always covet a guy that has that kind of package of size/skating/skill. I agree that there are likely better targets at 37, but I'm not sure he's available with our next pick either.

I'm fine missing.. Sawchyn is the hidden gem of that team, imo.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow....what a play by Robidas.....insane. 1-0 Québec!

Malatesta goal.

Reactions: jrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad