GDT: 2023-24 season Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers Game 1

Who wins the series

• Oilers in 4

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kings in 4

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kings in 5

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kings in 6

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Kings in 7

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You absolutely trade both of them. It sends a message to the NHL, the Kings organization, and the fans that the days of living on past glory are over.
I agree but the big hangup there is they both have trade list clauses.

There is no reason at all for the next GM to have Gavrikov or Dubois on this team though. I can't think of anything stupider.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Last playoffs, the Kings put up a better fight and they had the Oilers on the ropes. This year, unfortunately the Oilers are a much better and more physical team with the additions of Perry, Henrique and Carrick. Im not sure if the Kings can put up much of a fight this year but I hope they prove us wrong.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I agree but the big hangup there is they both have trade list clauses.

There is no reason at all for the next GM to have Gavrikov or Dubois on this team though. I can't think of anything stupider.
Trade Gavrikov, let Roy walk or trade his rights. Jettison Dubois to some unmanned island. Trade Doughty. Like there needs to be a massive wake up call.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Last playoffs, the Kings put up a better fight and they had the Oilers on the ropes. This year, unfortunately the Oilers are a much better and more physical team with the additions of Perry, Henrique and Carrick. Im not sure if the Kings can put up much of a fight this year but I hope they prove us wrong.
Have you seen us Kings fans? We have no hope.

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
This game swung on Arvidsson’s miss followed by Talbot giving up an easy one to Henrique. You can’t win with overpaid vets and a bunch of try hard, feel good story players.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Everybody looked dopey.

Even guys like Fiala and Moore who usually play with some buzz looked flat. Worst game of Danault's LA career.

Roy just lets passes go right through him multiple times while he's standing in front of the crease.

PLD's goal was the perfect encapsulation of his 40pt season. Lowest effort goal possible. Score when it doesn't matter.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Messier and Suban just trashed Gav on all the pp goals. Even PK knew he should've parked himself on the far post. Gav just was asleep there twice.

They're not wrong Gavrikov was garbage as were a lot of players tonight. They looked like they were in preseason form.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It’s so crazy to me that this isn’t 1-8th match up with how often the Kings have routinely been outclassed by the oilers. Last playoffs the Kings won games where they were being outplayed too. It’s so crazy that I can say confidently the Kings at no point were the better team. Not even for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad