GDT: 2023-24 season Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers Game 1

Who wins the series

• Oilers in 4

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Oilers in 5

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Oilers in 6

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Oilers in 7

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kings in 4

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kings in 5

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kings in 6

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Kings in 7

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GLu_HagWwAArzE8

Los Angeles Kings(43-27-11, 99pts, 3rd in Pacific) vs Edmonton Oilers(49-27-6 104pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West/ ESPN 2 RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
aF7i9tq.png

huKltcE.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

6xGPYN5.png

8KQEpuY.png

YPHAtd4.png

uaLJ1fm.png

Scratches: Arthur Kaliyev, Jacob Moverare, Aaron Dell
Injuries: Phoenix Copley
Covid: N/A

:edmonton

uBbDjxW.png

M8ypE3M.png

V87e6Ta.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Weird that the Kings moved Laferriere to the top line just now even though he's been an offensive black hole for the entire regular season. I sure hope Hiller knows something we don't.

5 GF and 11 GA with Anze Kopitar at 5 on 5 in 120 minutes. 11 GA in 120 minutes! Puzzling.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
It’s going to be real interesting to watch the bottom 3/6 will Akil get into a game ? I don’t see it for Turcotte unless there’s an injury.

Also they’re playing short due to injuries, and we are 100% at least to start. We are stronger this year in terms is overall team health/strength

Our Goaltending is the no doubt number 1 concern

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Weird that the Kings moved Laferriere to the top line just now even though he's been an offensive black hole for the entire regular season. I sure hope Hiller knows something we don't.

5 GF and 11 GA with Anze Kopitar at 5 on 5 in 120 minutes. 11 GA in 120 minutes! Puzzling.

While I don't think it is the best or anything, I think it is more about getting PLD on track by giving him Byfield more than anything else. Byfield has been really good at making his linemates better, not that even he can drag PLD's corpse to top 6 play, but he pairs with him a lot better than Laf does whereas Kopitar and Kempe just need anyone to go in there, take a beating, and dig puck out of the boards, lol.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

i've been saying that same thing for a long time now but he looked like a totally different player in that chicago game.. even though he still didn't manage to score.. and still went -1 on the night.............

just another miscast in a long line of miscasts, we'll see i guess

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
In honor of game 1 tonight here are the highlights from my favorite series that we also lost. :popcorn:

Game 6 was the first playoff game I got to go to. We lost. Next one I got to go to was against Chicago game 6 in 2014. lol I'm banned from playoff games.

The crowds at Staples were so much better back then.

Funny how the fanbase was more enthusiastic before we won cups.

Back in the day we would have been stoked as f*** for this series against Edmonton.
It was our first playoff appearance since 2004, I believe.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I am not expecting us to win this series, but I am trying to be a more positive Dan

So, let's look at the bright side like our friends in the old commercials

In the first series:
The Kings won game 1 before getting shelled in the next two, then winning 2 in a row and losing 2
1713807211222.png

They did this without Doughty
Their coach made adjustments for Games 6 and 7 while our koala stuck to the same old game plan like a protestor who glued himself to a road

In last year's series
1713807443228.png

We won game 1, lost Game 2 , Won game 3 before their coach made adjustments
while our koala stuck to the same old game plan like a cat stuck in a tree without a firefighter.
IIRC Fiala was far from 100% in this series

The possible positives:
This team is healthier than it's been in a long time and we can potentially finally ice the roster than we were supposed to go in to the season with.

For my boy @FSL KINGS , Trevor Lewis is back and Trevor has had some big playoff moments in his career

This one is a reach bigger than the grand canyon, but the Kings supposedly trade for PLDisaster for the playoffs and hopefully he flips as switch and becomes playoff Adam Deadmarsh in this series (we can always hope, right)

The Kings are much deeper on F, D and have better goaltending than the last 2 years (yes Edmonton is deeper as well)

The Koala is gone and Hiller isn't afraid to make adjustments or call a timeout

Durzi can't be put on on the PK and especially not any 5 on 3 PKS

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
The crowds at Staples were so much better back then.

Funny how the fanbase was more enthusiastic before we won cups.

Back in the day we would have been stoked as f*** for this series against Edmonton.
That crowd was insane!

I think back then it was easier to have a better outlook on the team.

Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown, Alexander Frolov, Wayne Simmonds, Jack Johnson, Jonathan Quick all in their early - mid 20's.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Oilers are tough to beat at home. 28-9-4 in Edmonton. Second best home record in the league.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I am not expecting the Kings to win the series, but I am of course coming in hopeful and more positive until it isn't :P But they've won Game 1 before... Just need to play their best game, stay out of the box as best they can, and while obviously they need goaltending, the most important part is going to be can they find their powerplay and will 5 on 5 offense be consistent?

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I think a lot of us have been waiting for this day since hearing the news that our least favorite LA King player was becoming the new general manager.

The day of reckoning is here.

Either Blake is the under the radar, 4D chess playing, master roster architect that few of us saw coming and we will get to watch a nice playoff run.

OR, we can finally get Rob Blake out of the organization once and for all.

Either outcome sounds good to me. As I always say: Hopes are high and expectations are low. The Kings are definitely capable of winning this series. Hiller seems much more willing to adjust, take timeouts, etc. Talbot seems pretty motivated against the Oilers. Byfield could emerge. Dubois could finally start earning that absurd contract.

I'm just happy we are finally moving up or moving on.

Let's go boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad