GDT: 2023-24 season game 77 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:00pm 4/6/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He's playing 3rd line right and he's often been played with differing linemates except Laferriere who's played mostly with PL so lets cut him some slack...and lets not forget he hasn't gotten a lot of PP time either to fatten up the stats...keeping Fiala on with PL is going to turn Magic...
Ya I know all those apologetics - been discussing this all season in the Dubois thread. His +/- doesnt lie. He's a lazy sack of it. Sorry man, Im hoping he turns it around but I have a lot of doubts.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Oh Ray - do you know the phrase.. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? Also one of my favorite songs is Dont get fooled again by the who... You on the other hand probably love the band Blind Faith.. it is a good band
And I know the sayings and songs and Bands...you just gotta Believe...losing breeds contempt and Winning brings everyone together

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
And I know the sayings and songs and Bands...you just gotta Believe...losing breeds contempt and Winning brings everyone together
OK so you're telling me to listen to that Journey song? OK I will. Ill let you know if it has any effect :) Im all for some happy talk.. but we also gotta keep things real

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
1712468096663.png

Another great win for the true fans! As for the critics...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
OK so you're telling me to listen to that Journey song? OK I will. Ill let you know if it has any effect :) Im all for some happy talk.. but we also gotta keep things real
Will keep it real and be cheering on my beloved Kings...did I ever tell you I've been a Kings fan since the early 70's...of course I was a young boy and often would stay up late and listen to Kings on Radio...Jiggs McDonald was the Play-by-play guy...then Bob Miller...It would like midnight and 1 o'clock in the morning in Calgary,Alberta,Canada before I settled down...always I was running for the bus and was late for school the next day but it was always worth it

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Will keep it real and be cheering on my beloved Kings...did I ever tell you I've been a Kings fan since the early 70's...of course I was a young boy and often would stay up late and listen to Kings on Radio...Jiggs McDonald was the Play-by-play guy...then Bob Miller...It would like midnight and 1 o'clock in the morning in Calgary,Alberta,Canada before I settled down...always I was running for the bus and was late for school the next day but it was always worth it
Thats probably board best in terms of fan longevity... i have vague memories of Bob without Jim and thats as far back as I remember

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Good Night all you crazy LA Kings fans!!! See you,can I say that,on Tuesday against the Slim from Duckville...time to fatten up the stats even more... heck I'd bring up young Erik Portillo just to see what he can do

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Thats probably board best in terms of fan longevity... i have vague memories of Bob without Jim and thats as far back as I remember
My Favorite Kings were many...Juha Widing,Butch Goring,Serge Bernier,Rogatien Vachon,Gary Sargent,Mike Murphy,Tom Williams,Don Kozak,Dan Maloney,Gene Carr,Gary Edwards and many more...And I loved the Purple and Gold or as Jack Kent Cooke use to say Forum Blue and Gold. I'd wear mine faithfully when the Kings played and when they came to Calgary to play the transplanted Atlanta Flames...wish the Kings would go back to that look with the redesigned Crown of the modern times

Reactions: 21Dog

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Didn't get a chance to watch tonight but loved seeing us stomp the Canucks. We took 7 of a possible 8 points and were responsible for 10% of their losses this season. You love to see it. Glad Danault's back too.

Also, don't look now, but Dubois played 11:53... only Laferriere (11:34) and Thomas (11:23) played fewer minutes. No hits and only one shot on goal from Pierre. Did he look as bad as his stat line says? Are we in minute minimization mode heading into the playoffs? Sheesh.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings will have a much easier time beating the Canucks in the playoffs vs the Oilers. On that note, winning a series in a fluke fashion might be enough for the egg heads in charge to continue “leading” this team down the garbage. It’d be nice to win a series for a change but not at that price.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
betting on the kings offense? shoulda known better
I felt like 2 shots on goal was a reasonable ask of any top 6 forward.

Wait, how many bedtime stories did you have to tell her?

Also betting on QB for offense these days is quite risky
Because of the bet I watched him closely on every shift and can confirm he did literally nothing, he got credited with a hit but it wasn’t much of one.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
You forgot one year of Roy "Shot on Goal" Storey. Been a fan since the beginning.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
The Canucks just aren’t a contender yet. They overachieved early on, building a huge lead in the standings, and have been slowly coming back down to Earth as the season has progressed. It also helped that they played almost all their games against the Oilers when the Oilers were struggling. Otherwise, they likely wouldn’t be in first right now.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
i too was a kings fan from that time (the team gave away free tickets in 1967 so i went to the forum and watched gerry dejardins in goal and fell in love with hockey) and i am insulted by the destruction of the championship culture we had formed with the two cups and the slide into mediocrity caused by the present mgmt. thier style is vindictive and greedy and charachterised by arrogance. most importantly, i can think critically with a reality based take on where the team is and where its headed. critical thinking and being a fan is not mutally exclusive- im a little too far down the line for cheerleading and bullshiting myself.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
i too was a kings fan from that time (the team gave away free tickets in 1967 so i went to the forum and watched gerry dejardins in goal and fell in love with hockey) and i am insulted by the destruction of the championship culture we had formed with the two cups and the slide into mediocrity caused by the present mgmt. thier style is vindictive and greedy and charachterised by arrogance. most importantly, i can think critically with a reality based take on where the team is and where its headed. critical thinking and being a fan is not mutally exclusive- im a little too far down the line for cheerleading and bullshiting myself.

Sheeeeshhh, some of you guys are really abusing the elderly over the internet. :sarcasm:

This is why we always keep it civil :heart:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The Canucks just aren’t a contender yet. They overachieved early on, building a huge lead in the standings, and have been slowly coming back down to Earth as the season has progressed. It also helped that they played almost all their games against the Oilers when the Oilers were struggling. Otherwise, they likely wouldn’t be in first right now.

Since the trade deadline, the Canucks are 12th in the Western Conference, amassing fewer points than Chicago and Arizona. Only the Kraken, Sharks, Flames, and Ducks have been worse.

Naturally, the Oilers are first in the conference (and third in the league).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad