GDT: 2023-24 season game 7 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00pm 10/27/34

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
100%

Yet

For all the bitching about his production

That's ANOTHER assist he didn't get--he SHOULD be PPG right now

So when he has a night like tonight, to me, that's his dominant play and percentages/averages correcting to where he should be.

The bigger problem is people not seeing that last night was a 'typical' night for him, just that stuff went in, so it's nice for that a night, we don't have to hear how actually bad he is.
I liked the goal. It was a proper finish, controlled and from getting to the net. The assist was just exactly what you want from him, good vision and great execution. The early shot would have been the expected play but he had the composure to not ‘just get it on net’. All in all a mature performance.

What I think he needs is a multi-goal game, with that level of performance, in the near future . I feel that will give him the confidence to really assert himself consistently because once he does that… look out.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I completely agree, but Arizona seems to be using Durzi in purely offensive situations where he typically excelled and not in defensive situations where he is grossly deficient. If we had used him as a 3RD and PPQB exclusively he would have done a lot better here. He was punching above his weightclass being relied on so defensively here.
100% this ^^^

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Durzi was out mostly against the 2nd and 3rd lines last night, they are playing him defensively as a middle pair, as they have all season. His second-highest deployment against NJ was the Hughes line, he was also out the most against the Rangers 1 & 2. Those were on the road, of course. At home, he was out against the Ducks 2nd, followed by the first. Surprisingly, his deployments are tougher than he faced with the Kings. It might seem different because he's always out there on the PP since they don't have anyone else offensive on the blue line. I thought he did a good job last night, he's improving his defensive game.

They tried to keep him away from the Kopitar line, which makes sense as he's not a nimble skater and he would certainly get beat to pucks by Byfield/Kempe. He had problems against Fiala and Dubois, but he held it together. When he was out against the Kopitar line there wasn't even a shot generated for Arizona.

Speaking of which, I don't do fantasy right now but the Kopitar lines metrics are through the roof. They are really due for a scoring binge.

Edit: Also wanted to state how well Tourigny does at matching lines to get the most out of his team. They have no business having the record they have, and most of it is damage control, ala Terry Murray.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Nitpicking again because everyone is so eager to see him scoring points.

Normally the NHL is giving away assists like candy but Bustfield has been robbed of 4 assists already in such a short NHL career.

Perhaps he did not touch the puck in one instance and we are wrong but c’mon. What is this, 3/4 times already.

Must be an Ottawa fan who controls this.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
For 50 minutes last night you saw a preview of what this team could be. 4 forward lines and 3 D-pairs all clicking along with solid netminding. Kopitar played 19min.

If Byfield, Spence, Englund, Laf, Kaliyev are all finding their game, it really rounds out the lineup. The only need is probably 4th line RW and goalie.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Goaltending is still such a huge hole. When Korpisalo wasn’t excellent, the Oilers dominated us.

I agree with the sentiment (and evidence) that you don’t *need* a huge AAV star goaltender to win a Cup. But you need a guy who can briefly play like a star goaltender. VGK had a no name in their run but he played at an elite level.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
For 50 minutes last night you saw a preview of what this team could be. 4 forward lines and 3 D-pairs all clicking along with solid netminding. Kopitar played 19min.

If Byfield, Spence, Englund, Laf, Kaliyev are all finding their game, it really rounds out the lineup. The only need is probably 4th line RW and goalie.

Lewis has been excellent, why in the world would they need to replace him?

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Overs are now 6-0-1 in Kings games this season.

The Kings are the most exciting team in the NHL to watch if you like nonstop offense at both ends.

This sure beats “it’s a 3-2 league”
Was thinking that last night there hasn't been a low scoring LA game yet, watch tonight be it as I'm taking the over once again

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

Normally the NHL is giving away assists like candy but Bustfield has been robbed of 4 assists already in such a short NHL career.

Perhaps he did not touch the puck in one instance and we are wrong but c’mon. What is this, 3/4 times already.

He's not a Bust yet...he's got some time to make himself into something and maybe something special

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

yeah on the Goalie

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Was thinking that last night there hasn't been a low scoring LA game yet, watch tonight be it as I'm taking the over once again

I know, I hope I didn't jinx this, lol. But I've been on the over side each time this season, and until something drastically changes (Kings get a real goalie) I will continue to hammer the Kings overs.

Tonights is 6, which is nice, I expected 6.5. Vegas hasn't give up a ton of goals, but they have also played a lot of pretty bad teams.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Thought the Kings might have a chance down 4-1, but since my wife was wanting to watch a movie with me, I played the part of good husband and turned it off down 4-1...lol

Watched the rest of the game this morning, and wow, the Kings really tightened the clamps down those last 50 minutes. Gigantic bounce back effort by Doughty after getting walked, and that was Byfield's best game in the NHL.

Bet the over on every Kings game

Reactions: King'sPawn

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
If Kings plan on landing a goalie this season they will either have to include Copley in the deal or the salaries of Grundstrom or Lizotte. We have no room.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Lewis has been excellent, why in the world would they need to replace him?
I don't think he's been as bad as the analytics indicate. I think he's been serviceable. But by no means has he been excellent.

Kings could use a bottom six right shot winger that's good defensively and can add a bit of size and toughness IMO.

Lewis only fills a few of those attributes.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I don't think he's been as bad as the analytics indicate. I think he's been serviceable. But by no means has he been excellent.

Kings could use a bottom six right shot winger that's good defensively and can add a bit of size and toughness IMO.

Lewis only fills a few of those attributes.

Analytics, of course.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Missed the game, but is it safe to say that Phoenix Copley is an NHL goalie in the same way the Brooklyn Brawler was a professional wrestler? Because wow a shooter tutor looks better than him at this point.
Phoenix Copley should not play any more games in NHL.
AHL is good place for him.

Reactions: funky

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I’m just waiting for Byfield to rip shots into the net. Tips and empty net goals. UHHHHH. At least he got a goal.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Maybe they should run practice session with Fiala.
This guy is even getting assists when sitting on the bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad