GDT: 2023-24 season game 7 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00pm 10/27/34

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I’m just waiting for Byfield to rip shots into the net. Tips and empty net goals. UHHHHH. At least he got a goal.
At least we know he played with sprained wrists last year. I did that 20 years ago in a dirt bike accident. For most the winter I just looked for people to pass to as I couldn’t stand the pain in snapping my wrists and I couldn’t rely on my slap shot because it sucks.

I basically would dish and go stand in front of the net looking to deflect and clean up garbage.

Hopefully that would explain last year Byfield. I really want to see him bury a true goal with a wrister to see what he does have for a shooting arsenal. Can he flat out beat a goalie with a wrister like Kopi or Kempe. He just keeps improving and that’s all I can ask.

Reactions: Sol

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Copley definitely should go down to the AHL, just don’t know if Rittich is any better. Goalie market has shifted a bit so far into the early part of the season. With Helleybuck off the market, just looking at all options this is what I got.

Vladar- 26 at 2x2.2 is that an upgrade? Doubtful.

Kuemper- possibly convince Washington to move him but he’s 33 with 4x5.2, age is scary.

Hart- seems to be one of the best options, though with team Canada scandal plus Phili is playing well right now might be unavailable, but 25 and last year at 3.9 and still rfa after.

Buffalo- see if they’re willing to move Comrie 28 last year at 1.8 or UPL 24 last year of 875k rfa contract.

Vejmelka- 27 2x2.7 but after last year Arizona clearly wants picks not players.

Garland- he’s 21, so it’s like Portillo not really a solution yet.

Swayman- seems like a great option 24, last year of 3.4 rfa contract. But I don’t see Boston trading him unless they get a deal they can’t refuse.

Gibson- 30 and 4x6.4 contract, too old and too much cap and term for what he’s shown last few seasons. Only way this happens is if Anaheim does Gibson and the Kings a solid and retains cap and sells for cheap.

Carolina- can you convince them to part with a goalie, doubtful since they’re in win now and Raanta wants to be there.

Thompson- 26 last year of 766k rfa contract but doubt Vegas trades him to the Kings.

Varlamov- 35 and 4x2.7 and he’s got a ntc. Still amazed he got that contract with Sorokin contract kicking in next year.

Saros- 28 with 2x5 left, also a great option but looks like Nashville will hold on for as long as they can and he’ll cost so much in trade and contract after trade.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Goaltending is still such a huge hole. When Korpisalo wasn’t excellent, the Oilers dominated us.

I agree with the sentiment (and evidence) that you don’t *need* a huge AAV star goaltender to win a Cup. But you need a guy who can briefly play like a star goaltender. VGK had a no name in their run but he played at an elite level.

You need that everywhere. Do the Kings beat the Coyotes without King in the 3rd rd? Maybe, but he led the team with 4g in 5 games. The only other Kings to have more than 1g in those 5 games were Kopitar and Carter. But he's Dwight King. Basically useless, just a dude that happened to play hockey, but his peak was that one series. Maybe they can get those 4 goals elsewhere, maybe those 4 goals didn't ultimately mean anything, but we'll never know.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Copley definitely should go down to the AHL, just don’t know if Rittich is any better. Goalie market has shifted a bit so far into the early part of the season. With Helleybuck off the market, just looking at all options this is what I got.

Kuemper- possibly convince Washington to move him but he’s 33 with 4x5.2, age is scary.

Hart- seems to be one of the best options, though with team Canada scandal plus Phili is playing well right now might be unavailable, but 25 and last year at 3.9 and still rfa after.

Buffalo- see if they’re willing to move Comrie 28 last year at 1.8 or UPL 24 last year of 875k rfa contract.

Swayman- seems like a great option 24, last year of 3.4 rfa contract. But I don’t see Boston trading him unless they get a deal they can’t refuse.

Gibson- 30 and 4x6.4 contract, too old and too much cap and term for what he’s shown last few seasons. Only way this happens is if Anaheim does Gibson and the Kings a solid and retains cap and sells for cheap.

Carolina- can you convince them to part with a goalie, doubtful since they’re in win now and Raanta wants to be there.

Thompson- 26 last year of 766k rfa contract but doubt Vegas trades him to the Kings.

Varlamov- 35 and 4x2.7 and he’s got a ntc. Still amazed he got that contract with Sorokin contract kicking in next year.

Saros- 28 with 2x5 left, also a great option but looks like Nashville will hold on for as long as they can and he’ll cost so much in trade and contract after trade.
Something will eventually come up. It doesn't have to be a long term solution either.

There will be teams that fall out of the playoff picture that we're not expecting.

Boston also has Ullmark and Bussi.

Red Wings are carrying 3 goalies. Reimer has been excellent. Maybe they fall off eventually making him and/or Lyon expendable.

There's always randoms like Arvid Soderblom and Jonas Johansson out there. It seems like there's goalies that come out of nowhere and be good all the time.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
With the current fire power Kings potentially have, a decent goalie could make them a threat in the west vs Oilers just not sure against the Avs as of today. It will depend on Laf and Byfield contributions how far they could go I clouding a trade for a goaltender.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Overs are now 6-0-1 in Kings games this season.

The Kings are the most exciting team in the NHL to watch if you like nonstop offense at both ends.

This sure beats “it’s a 3-2 league”
I’ll take a 3-2 league and 2 cups over 10 goals a game and perpetual first round exits.

Watching the kings in the playoffs from 2012-2014 was anything but boring.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

I watched all AHL games this year and Rittich is much better comparing to Copley

Reactions: Docgonzo

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kings were definitely not ready to start the game, Copley let in 3 goals, the 1st one, I can't really blame him, that's just a helluva shot....you want those saves absolutely, but when they walk right in like that, and they can shoot, it's gonna be 50/50 most times....the JJ Moser goal, he's gotta catch that shot, weird bounce for sure, but should never have gotten there, and the last goal, yea it deflected, but it went through him.....those two he has to have if he wants to keep playing in the league....

The first goal never should've happen had Kaliyev not thought it was a good idea to pinch and then drop back, on the the very first shift of the game btw. Just a terrible read and got torched by everyone who saw it. I'm glad he made up for it later, but still, that's ahl level bad. Goal 2 was just a lucky bounce off the glass, on top of the net, then to the ice. Not going to fault him there. The last one, you need a save there.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
You need that everywhere. Do the Kings beat the Coyotes without King in the 3rd rd? Maybe, but he led the team with 4g in 5 games. The only other Kings to have more than 1g in those 5 games were Kopitar and Carter. But he's Dwight King. Basically useless, just a dude that happened to play hockey, but his peak was that one series. Maybe they can get those 4 goals elsewhere, maybe those 4 goals didn't ultimately mean anything, but we'll never know.

I always get scared when I see you quote my posts because I don’t know whether or not we’re going to agree, argue, or if I’ll walk away questioning my existence.

In this case we agree.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Anytime I see I got quoted by KP or RJ it gives me anxiety. I'm scared to look.
I'm sorry. That's never been my intent with you. I want you to have a good time on the forums. I'll try to have a better disposition with my responses.

Reactions: johnjm22

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4