GDT: 2023-24 season game 69 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:30pm

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't get dinged or written up for that, that was absolutely brutal, and unless things changed a lot, that's one of the first lessons you learn as a liney doing games with fighting, do not be the only one in, wait for your partner, make eye contact, go in together, verbalize who has who......absolute bush league stuff, I remember when I f***ed the dog doing that shit in Juniors, I got absolutely reamed out......
Help me understand something.. under what circumstances should linesman break up a fight before it starts? I always thought if 2 players are willing, they let them go... and break it up when one taps out or is injured.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
2 players weren’t willing, is the thing. I think the linesman was trying to protect PLD (Hartman had been looking for a fight for a while) but he was on the wrong side and PLD is big so he couldn’t get around him

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Help me understand something.. under what circumstances should linesman break up a fight before it starts? I always thought if 2 players are willing, they let them go... and break it up when one taps out or is injured.

I suspect that linesman thought PLD wasn't willing and that dirtbag Hartman did get the jump on him so the intentions were right but the execution was trash

Also dog shit that Hartman got to keep raining blows from behind the ref

Let's be real, if the hockey world at large wasn't so in at trashing PLD--like let's say that's Moore or Arvidsson--today's conversations aren't LOL PLD and more 'what the f*** Hartman what's wrong with you', literally jumping a guy

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

It's a judgement call, if two guys are willing, let it go, if it's clear one is not, you gotta get in there....as far as breaking it up, when one gets an advantage, or they get too tired and start to clutch etc, but you always go in verbally as well, ok guys, nice fight, we're done etc....and you never go in directly behind and grab a guy.....gonna get tagged that way if you do

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It's a judgement call, if two guys are willing, let it go, if it's clear one is not, you gotta get in there....as far as breaking it up, when one gets an advantage, or they get too tired and start to clutch etc, but you always go in verbally as well, ok guys, nice fight, we're done etc....and you never go in directly behind and grab a guy.....gonna get tagged that way if you do
OK so the guy maybe thought PLD wasnt willing.. but shouldve pulled on Hartman.. why pull on the guy that isnt willing?

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
SCIENCE!!!!!
bill.jpg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
OK so the guy maybe thought PLD wasnt willing.. but shouldve pulled on Hartman.. why pull on the guy that isnt willing?

He done f***ed up, if he though PLD wasn't willing , you go in, but he came in from behind PLD, move around to get to the aggressor, like I said I'd be surprised if he wasn't written up in some regard

Reactions: AbsentMojo

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Because Hartman was being a dickhead and PLD outweighs him by like 30 lbs. Plus, fighting is cool

• Haha
Reactions: Fripp

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
PLD is definitely a pesky agitator with no bite. He will mix it up and skate away. While he hasn't been detrimental to the lineup lately, I still don't think he looks very good at all. He defers almost all of the time, his shots are basic and uninspired if he ever takes any, doesn't drive to the net, always prefers to pass and dish it off to someone else. He will board battle if the puck is underneath him but as soon as it moves outside of his immediate space he just casually skates away to the bench. His defense is lackadaisical and he is a spectator more than anything. The most effort he puts into being a hockey player on any given night is probably putting on his pads and tying his skates. Lizotte puts more effort in a single shift than PLD has given throughout the entire year combined. Seriously, f*** this guy. f*** having to beg the hockey gods for this asshole to show up to work for one day. I am unsure if I have ever had contempt for Kings player more, especially in such a short period of time. I am admittedly irrationally angry about it at this point :P It is going to be a brutal next few years if we don't somehow miraculously jettison this guy off the team before the offseason.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I thought PLD looked pretty good last night for a change.
The non-fight thing was embarrassing (for him). He really comes off as such an unlikable douche.

But why? What does he have to gain in fighting in that situation, would it have changed the game? If not, why do it?.....there has to be a point to the fight, especially for a non fighter, Hartman is a throwaway player, why would you risk injury on a throwaway player?

• Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
i HATE being on teams with 'self preservation' guys

PLD never gets hurt because he wont so much as get a fingernail dirty
Me too which is why I really dislike Doughty. With how PLD is, at least PLD does try to protect his teammates. The way he jumped in for Laf yesterday was noteworthy imo. Doughty is much worse in this regard.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
But why? What does he have to gain in fighting in that situation, would it have changed the game? If not, why do it?.....there has to be a point to the fight, especially for a non fighter, Hartman is a throwaway player, why would you risk injury on a throwaway player?
I agree in general you dont trade of 5 minutes 'skill' vs 'agitator'.. but for PLD who has been widely panned in the national press, with savvy Kings fans, and probably his teammates - it would go a long way to showing he gives a shit and would be a rallying point for the team. At least drop the gloves and tie the guy up.. he has the reach by a lot and could keep him away w his arm and if he takes a punch could just take him to the ice to end it.

Reactions: Fripp

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I agree in general you dont trade of 5 minutes 'skill' vs 'agitator'.. but for PLD who has been widely panned in the national press, with savvy Kings fans, and probably his teammates - it would go a long way to showing he gives a shit and would be a rallying point for the team. At least drop the gloves and tie the guy up.. he has the reach by a lot and could keep him away w his arm and if he takes a punch could just take him to the ice to end it.

I get that, but there's no upside to that, in that moment, during the scrums, he's always backed up his teammates, I have no doubt his teammates know he gives a shit...to a degree. Doubt if PLD cares what is panned in the national media or fans.....it's about him...and his teammates....

As far as last night, there was no rallying point to be made, so yea I'm ok with him not doing anything....in that moment

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Look we match up well against the Wild who are fake big. They’ve got one big bitch in Foligno, and we’ve got PLD. So they cancel out. And we’re better everywhere else, including old ass goalies.

Plus we weren’t facing Ek, Duhaime, Greenway. It was some guy who no one knew about, #15, who acted like an asshole once the blow out was secured.

I still don’t like our chances against teams like Nashville. They’ve got slightly better size which neutralizes our midget upside. Their goalie is clearly better so it comes down to a Doughty vs Josi coin flip.

Bottom lime is we’re competing to be the best almost ran. Can’t wait for the opponent to praise us in the handshake line come mid to late April.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
PLD is definitely a pesky agitator with no bite. He will mix it up and skate away. While he hasn't been detrimental to the lineup lately, I still don't think he looks very good at all. He defers almost all of the time, his shots are basic and uninspired if he ever takes any, doesn't drive to the net, always prefers to pass and dish it off to someone else. He will board battle if the puck is underneath him but as soon as it moves outside of his immediate space he just casually skates away to the bench. His defense is lackadaisical and he is a spectator more than anything. The most effort he puts into being a hockey player on any given night is probably putting on his pads and tying his skates. Lizotte puts more effort in a single shift than PLD has given throughout the entire year combined. Seriously, f*** this guy. f*** having to beg the hockey gods for this asshole to show up to work for one day. I am unsure if I have ever had contempt for Kings player more, especially in such a short period of time. I am admittedly irrationally angry about it at this point :P It is going to be a brutal next few years if we don't somehow miraculously jettison this guy off the team before the offseason.
Wrong.

He's got Q for that :laugh:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
PLD is very popular in the room.

He was teammates previously with Gavrikov, Lewis and Riitch.

There is a picture of his arm around Laffy in practice as well as videos like this with Byfield.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Worried Shartman or f***ligno are going to take runs and try to injure our key players next time we play them. He has a history of being a rat f***.

• Haha

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

There is a picture of his arm around Laffy in practice as well as videos like this with Byfield.
I wonder how Arvidsson feels about PLD, since RV seems to be the only one on this team with a f***ing pulse.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

I guess that makes him our King of the journeymen.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I suspect that linesman thought PLD wasn't willing and that dirtbag Hartman did get the jump on him so the intentions were right but the execution was trash

Also dog shit that Hartman got to keep raining blows from behind the ref

Let's be real, if the hockey world at large wasn't so in at trashing PLD--like let's say that's Moore or Arvidsson--today's conversations aren't LOL PLD and more 'what the f*** Hartman what's wrong with you', literally jumping a guy

Yeah, in the media it's been pretty much lets trash PLD, should've fought, dick move going after the kid, after not willing to go. It's almost if they didn't watch the entire clip. Pretty hard to engage with a linesmen draped on you while Hartman throws punches. PLD was pissed , and unfortunately Faber was the first Wild he saw when it ended. Like when Stone went after Clarke in the preseason, he said he was the first guy he saw and went after him, didn't matter if he was a rookie.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad