GDT: 2023-24 season game 69 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @7:30pm

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kopitar postgame interview was gold haha

guess our powerplay really was our enforcer tonight, nice running it up when they have a bunch of guys playing like turds

important stretch coming up, glad to get the secret weapon arvidsson back, that line could actually be a huge pain with the instant PLD-Arvidsson-Laf chemistry, and those are about the perfect linemates for him as far as this team goes (if Fiala isn't there or isn't going to work)

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
important stretch coming up, glad to get the secret weapon arvidsson back, that line could actually be a huge pain with the instant PLD-Arvidsson-Laf chemistry, and those are about the perfect linemates for him as far as this team goes (if Fiala isn't there or isn't going to work)
22 + 80 = -100 I initially wanted Fiala w PL because Fiala would set him up for shots all day long and thats what he needs - he's not a self creator.. but the defense between those 2 just makes it untenable. So im good w what Hiller did.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This feels like a winning streak type of win. Everything going your way. High S%. PP clicking. Lines rolling. Caught all the breaks.

It's not exactly an astute observation, but when PLD is engaged and RV is healthy this team is way better. It basically gives us a whole other line.

I’m sure that’s what Blake thought he’d be getting with PLD. Let’s see if he can find the motivation to be a force from now through the playoffs.

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Danault - Arvidsson
Moore - Dubois - Laferriere
Lizotte - Turcotte - Lewis

Last edited:

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
That win was crucial. If the Kings had of lost that game tonight, I don't believe they make the playoffs. It would have been just enough of an opening for the Wild to catch them being just 3 pts back.

Now, they shouldn't have to worry about the Wild, not enough time or games remaining to make up 7 points. Credit to Hiller for having them ready. This time.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'm not a hockey savant by repeatedly saying Arvidsson matters a lot with hos this team is constructed but, again, we have more proof after last night's game.

Another one of my genius thoughts on hockey--intensity and engagement matter--was on display last night as well.

This isn't rocket science. The Kings have a lot of above average players and their leading scorers are in the 40-45 overall range in the league. They can't just let the game come to them against halfway decent teams.

They got some bounces but they deserved them. Thought that was one of the best performances of the season. Nice to not be in the Foxy echo chamber and hear the TNT guys say they haven't seen the Kings play like this in any of the games they've covered in regards to intensity.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Can anyone tell me because I missed the game last night:

Is Hiller so f***ing clueless that he iced a regular line of Arvidsson Dubois Laf, IE in a roster that has only 2 right hand forwards he put both of them on ONE LINE?

• Haha
Reactions: GameNight

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Is Hiller so f***ing clueless that he iced a regular line of Arvidsson Dubois Laf, IE in a roster that has only 2 right hand forwards he put both of them on ONE LINE?

Absolutely clueless man, so bad he lost the goddamn game because o.....wait...we didn't lose?

JFC way too much BS being spewed about RHS vs LHS both on F and D.....dumb it down....good players...play....simple

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I thought it was dumb but was willing to let it play out and it looked GOOD, like clicked like Moore-Danault-Arvidsson good

essentially gives us three "2nd" lines which is what this team needs

They just need to figure out what to do with the 4th line now because I can't envision them running 11-7 in the playoffs, oilers would just start picking off forwards, hell i was worried about that last night with arvy just coming back, imagine losing 1-2 guys.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I thought it was dumb but was willing to let it play out and it looked GOOD, like clicked like Moore-Danault-Arvidsson good

They just need to figure out what to do with the 4th line now because I can't envision them running 11-7 in the playoffs, oilers would just start picking off forwards, hell i was worried about that last night with arvy just coming back, imagine losing 1-2 guys.
Grundstrom will be back by playoffs and slotted into the 4th line right?

Reactions: Surf Nutz

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Absolutely clueless man, so bad he lost the goddamn game because o.....wait...we didn't lose?

JFC way too much BS being spewed about RHS vs LHS both on F and D.....dumb it down....good players...play....simple

Oh man I'm so freaking stupid, I guess winning one game means the handiness dynamics of hockey don't matter any more, god I'm so dumb.

If they looked good then hey, sure. I'm just worried that Hiller is overly married to "pairs" that feel like they work but may not actually. Like, Why is Dubois with Laf 99% of the time, when Dubois is an 8.5 million dollar player with less than 40 points? Is that pairing really working? Why has Fiala Dubois never been tried since the start of the season, is it because the Danult Fiala pairing "works" better?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Oh man I'm so freaking stupid, I guess winning one game means the handiness dynamics of hockey don't matter any more, god I'm so dumb.

If they looked good then hey, sure. I'm just worried that Hiller is overly married to "pairs" that feel like they work but may not actually. Like, Why is Dubois with Laf 99% of the time, when Dubois is an 8.5 million dollar player with less than 40 points? Is that pairing really working? Why has Fiala Dubois never been tried since the start of the season, is it because the Danult Fiala pairing "works" better?

The "handiness dynamics of hockey" are so far over blown it's not even funny.....

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The "handiness dynamics of hockey" are so far over blown it's not even funny.....
I agree. It matters on the power play as it affects zone set up and positioning but 5/5 it really isn’t a big issue for forwards. For D there is a bit more of an argument but it the player is good on the back hand, again a minor detail that slightly affects lanes and positioning.

Reactions: johnjm22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
GJK0qroWYAAicFC

Faber and Middleton got wrecked last night.

I just realized we also beat Minnesota 7-3 earlier this year. We've outscored them 13-3 in two games. Maybe we just matchup well against them for some reason.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That linesman is an idiot.. you tie up one guy so the other guy can get free shots on him? let them fight or get in the middle.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't get dinged or written up for that, that was absolutely brutal, and unless things changed a lot, that's one of the first lessons you learn as a liney doing games with fighting, do not be the only one in, wait for your partner, make eye contact, go in together, verbalize who has who......absolute bush league stuff, I remember when I f***ed the dog doing that shit in Juniors, I got absolutely reamed out......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad