GDT: 2023-24 season game 67 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @5:00pm 3/16/24

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Rough one, figured they were going to lose, but that was brutal. Have to avoid them at all costs in the playoffs

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Reactions: tny760

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Rough one, figured they were going to lose, but that was brutal. Have to avoid them at all costs in the playoffs
They have looked like shit against the Stars all 3 games but Dallas swept VGK last reg season then lost to them in playoffs... Still I think Dallas is just a better roster in general and will wipe the ice with them if they meet

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Edm vs Col. Two less than perfect teams, yet still entertaining actual hockey.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
this is an overall bad team with some occasional good moments, the best thing for this team is to bow out and land a top 16 pick w/ a 1st overall potential, catapult our god-awful GM out of LA

and start fresh

or... cling on to that wild card spot and pray that Jesus is a Kings fan

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
minute and a half left in a game you're down 3 in, you tap trevor f***in lewis on the shoulder
Hiller has done well getting this team back to winning more games but some of his decisions are truly puzzling.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Who will be the better #1C in the long run, PLD or Jason Allison? At least PLD still has the possibility to eclipse Jozef Stumpel at the position in Kings lore.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
So tonight, Hiller lost the gig for me.

I mean he was never gonna get it anyway, it's not like they're going to win a playoff round, for him to even be considered as the permanent coach.

But for Hiller to keep Rittich in - after he was obviously fighting the puck after the 2nd goal - was throwing in the towel on the game. You want the team to fight and compete at this time of year, don't care what the schedule looks like. No excuses. Hiller has allowed and enabled them to take too many nights off for a mid-season replacement coach.

Has Hiller really turned things around? Really? My count is 10-7-2. That's about .579% under Hiller. So, I'm gonna say naw since .579 doesn't get you in the playoffs. He's actually living on the results of the OCT/NOV Kings right now to be in a playoff position.

Just watched EDM and COL tonight, the competitiveness shown in that game by both teams, the Kings just simply do not have that spirit. That's what they needed from the coaching change, a spirit, some fight, an identity, a will.

They are going to be an easy out, unfortunately. I don't care who they face.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Junk road trip

Wish this team could just raw fall out of the playoffs

Same. That’s why I’ve been totally blackpilled on this season for a while now. They’re clearly not a contender, but they’re not quite bad enough to miss the playoffs and elicit some real change in management.

It’s just a f***ed situation. The team isn’t bad. San Jose is bad. Chicago is bad. They’re just average. And that’s way, way worse.

I don’t understand how anyone who has followed the Kings for the past 20-30 years isn’t panicking about this blackhole. Like, we’ve seen this movie, guys. It results in year after year after year of mediocrity.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Who will be the better #1C in the long run, PLD or Jason Allison? At least PLD still has the possibility to eclipse Jozef Stumpel at the position in Kings lore.
Stumpel finished top ten in league scoring his first season with the Kings. He also knew how to play defense.

Same. That’s why I’ve been totally blackpilled on this season for a while now. They’re clearly not a contender, but they’re not quite bad enough to miss the playoffs and elicit some real change in management.

It’s just a f***ed situation. The team isn’t bad. San Jose is bad. Chicago is bad. They’re just average. And that’s way, way worse.

I don’t understand how anyone who has followed the Kings for the past 20-30 years isn’t panicking about this blackhole. Like, we’ve seen this movie, guys. It results in year after year after year of mediocrity.
I honestly don’t give a shit about the playoffs. I’ll watch, but the excitement isn’t there because I know they have no shot.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there

On top of that, San Jose and the ducks both have their rebuilds in motion. Could be pretty painful in a couple years.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
I would be surprised if someone on here thought Hiller is going to be head coach after this season

But who's running this team?

Has it sunk in yet that Blake returns by virtue of a playoff appearance?

I'd be surprised if someone on here thinks that BLuc will hire anyone smarter and more competent than they are to work for them.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This is the team that Axl and his cronies/types wanted. Not the rebuilding losing Hawks type team that is aiming for franchise altering players in the draft while developing their prospects / young players.

Nope. It's an average (at time slightly better than average) who gets points against those bottom feeder teams and will get into the playoffs and lose in the first round. While being headlined by name brand former greats who will one day be in the HOF as Kings. Against the top SC contending teams, they are way overmatched -- but that's not the goal. It's get into the playoffs. That's a successful season. Win maybe 1-2 games in that first round....maybe if they get crazy lucky they can somehow win a round on occasion.

Good job Bluc!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3