GDT: 2023-24 season game 63 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 3/9/24

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
kinda weird how that's not a trip when it's byfield against the penalty boxes though

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
If Kempe just held on a little longer and go a bit wider Could have been a goal.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
these late period special teams-fests are so lame and predictable

refs get bored and start feeling like interjecting

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Kaliyev loafed on a goal against, big whoop, we have a roster full of guys with a few of those this season. The overall balance of his game is positive and he should get time to iron those things out instead of the inevitable press box sentence he's gonna get

Reactions: dman3474 and tny760

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yes its possibly his bonus money. And also his projected cap hit for next year going from 2.2-3 million to now probably 1-1.3 million.
That extra million could go to a goalie or towards a contract for Roy.
If he sucks so bad like you say they would waive him or have traded him for a 4th liner. A lot of players they could just plug into the 4th line were traded at the deadline for less than Kaliyevs worth.

Not sure where you think he's going from 1 million AAV to 2.2 - 3 million in AAV, off a 212K bonus.....but sure.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Kaliyev loafed on a goal against, big whoop, we have a roster full of guys with a few of those this season. The overall balance of his game is positive and he should get time to iron those things out instead of the inevitable press box sentence he's gonna get
Nobody says this when Dubois and Fiala do it. And nobody should.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
They develop him in a 4th line role for 2 seasons and then wonder why his offense falls off playing with brick layers and grave diggers

Reactions: funky and ru4reals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
They develop him in a 4th line role for 2 seasons and then wonder why his offense falls off playing with brick layers and grave diggers

Again, you think that's the reason? It wasn't the one stride from far goal line to defensive zone that is doing him in? Everyone knows he has offensive skills, you think his offense fell off with that move to the front?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
2 separate things

1) bonus money
2) intentionally sandbagging him to tank his RFA contract valuation

Bonus money is 212K...that's it....it's not in the millions, it's 212K, that's not gonna do anything for his next contract,

2. His play is intentionally sandbagging him, nothing else.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Just to repeat
Everywhere else a goal given up thats shot from the top of the circles is a weak goal and on the goaltender. Kaliyev went to the wrong player and was late going to the goal scorer but on a play like that the goalie has to stop the shot. I'll go to the mat saying that goal was talbots fault

Reactions: dman3474 and Telos

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No and that shouldn't happen either, but that's what would happen if our last GM and his coach were in the building too.

it didn't happen, he was out the very next shift.....but people ignore that....I was surprised he was to be honest, that coasting was so so blatant.....to be out on the next shift, was....interesting.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Bonus money is 212K...that's it....it's not in the millions, it's 212K, that's not gonna do anything for his next contract,

2. His play is intentionally sandbagging him, nothing else.
jesus christ man i can't draw this with bigger crayons

he said "Yes its possibly his bonus money. And also his projected cap hit"

2 separate things

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Just to repeat
Everywhere else a goal given up thats shot from the top of the circles is a weak goal and on the goaltender. Kaliyev went to the wrong player and was late going to the goal scorer but on a play like that the goalie has to stop the shot. I'll go to the mat saying that goal was talbots fault

He didn't get a chance to get to the wrong player he was so far behind...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No and that shouldn't happen either, but that's what would happen if our last GM and his coach were in the building too.

I'm with you, I think eeryone is just frustrated with the inequitable treatment of a guy whose biggest crime is being a younger enigma on a cheap contract instead of a sunk cost older enigma on a bougie contract

If all these guys were getting held to the standard of "cool nice strong shift, now wait 20 minutes to do it again" and "missed a check, see you next year" it would be different.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
jesus christ man i can't draw this with bigger crayons

he said "Yes its possibly his bonus money. And also his projected cap hit"

2 separate things

Yes, and I responded to both, 212K is his bonus money, they have the cap space for that this year,

AND...see, here's the 2nd thing..AND...

His play is sandbagging his value, nothing else.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Again, you think that's the reason? It wasn't the one stride from far goal line to defensive zone that is doing him in? Everyone knows he has offensive skills, you think his offense fell off with that move to the front?
Again, a lot of players have have multiple egregious turnovers, bonehead penalties, and failures to hustle without the same torpedoed playing time. I'm not excusing his play, I simply think he has upside that needs to be cultivated in a different way. And I know the team can do it, because they give lots of guys lots of leeway

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think Koala and his assistants and the org in general is good at destroying young players confidence. Their whole attitude toward youth is completely wrong... marinet is the word. The slow boil is idiotic. They have Turcotte ELC about to expire and just now starting to give him a chance. Im convinced they are f***ing idiots.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Again, a lot of players have have multiple egregious turnovers, bonehead penalties, and failures to hustle without the same torpedoed playing time. I'm not excusing his play, I simply think he has upside that needs to be cultivated in a different way. And I know the team can do it, because they give lots of guys lots of leeway

That's fair enough, I gotta think there's more to it than we know, and this is me saying this with no evidence, but it just feels like they've tried to get him defensively sound for so long and he either can't, or won't do it, and they've had enough, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't qualify him.

I think Koala and his assistants and the org in general is good at destroying young players confidence. Their whole attitude toward youth is completely wrong... marinet is the word. The slow boil is idiotic. They have Turcotte ELC about to expire and just now starting to give him a chance. Im convinced they are f***ing idiots.

Tell me, when was he healthy in a long enough stretch to give him a "chance" for the past 2 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad