GDT: 2023-24 season game 63 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 3/9/24

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If arty wants to play he better go to another team
They should trade him. If you don't want him to play because he can't skate fast enough then why are you depreciating the asset by making him play 4 minutes a game. Just get rid of him and stop tanking his value.

He played 45 seconds in that period. The Kings played great, no complaints about that, but just get rid of him.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Is AK even in the lineup? Don't remember seeing him. Dallas looks really dangerous, many weapons. I didn't realize Spence hasn't scored a single goal this year, ouch. Hard to justify him on the 2nd PP over Clarke...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
They should trade him. If you don't want him to play because he can't skate fast enough then why are you depreciating the asset by making him play 4 minutes a game. Just get rid of him and stop tanking his value.

He played 45 seconds in that period. The Kings played great, no complaints about that, but just get rid of him.

Doubt it's because of his speed, it's more of he looks like Bambi on defensive side of red line

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Doubt it's because of his speed, it's more of he looks like Bambi on defensive side of red line
yeah i could really tell in those 45 seconds on the ice

he really proved he can't play defense when trevor lewis flubbed a clearing attempt and turned it over

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Ive said a while back that how they treat kaliyev would be a good indicator of their competence as a managemt team.
Ther'e f***ing lost

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think it's his speed that got him benched in the first place, I've seen lots of plays this season where someone passed the puck to where a faster player would have been and it just lamely went past his stick. This is a team full of fast skaters and he doesn't fit the team. I really don't get why they wouldn't just trade him. If they aren't going to find a way to work him into the team, I don't know why they won't address the situation. You aren't going to fix his skating and if you think he's bad defensively that's not going to change either.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Someone should have asked Blake at his presser "hey what's the plan for Kaliyev"

8iol8h.jpg

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I dont think its skating thats keeping him out. I think ther'e too f***ing cheap to pay bonuses. And i think they have a beef with his agent. Whatever the case, the mgmt is so f***ing stupid they dint realize that what they are doing is not only screwing the player but screwing themselves in the process.
They will wind up losing him for near nothing like so many other good nhl quality players

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
yeah i could really tell in those 45 seconds on the ice

he really proved he can't play defense when trevor lewis flubbed a clearing attempt and turned it over

You think it's just this game? Not...I dunno, his entire f***ing career?

I dont think its skating thats keeping him out. I think ther'e too f***ing cheap to pay bonuses. And i think they have a beef with his agent. Whatever the case, the mgmt is so f***ing stupid they dint realize that what they are doing is not only screwing the player but screwing themselves in the process.
They will wind up losing him for near nothing like so many other good nhl quality players

You think it's the possible 212K in bonus money? Really?

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
so why'd you draft him? why'd you call him up? why'd you put him on your 23-man? why'd you dress him?
I ask myself this stuff and have to figure that they just have no idea what the f*** they are doing

Drive down the quality of the asset
Lose the asset for nothing
Oh well he just didnt fiit in here and why cant we score?

Reactions: tny760

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad