GDT: 2023-24 season game 63 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 3/9/24

Inzane

Mar 6, 2024
How is it that half the team is in a terrible form lol, we are just f***ing terrible all around

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This team is just deep and really good. We're just not on their level. Plain and simple

Yep, not even mad about the effort. Dallas is just a straight up better team, arguably the best in the league, and on a heater.

Could actually be some lessons learned tonight. Just lost big moments. If the PP didn’t suck,Or if they didn’t lose focus for 18s l, they actually had a fighting chance. There’s actually something to build on there, not just a sloppy soul crushing self inflicted loss.

Reactions: 21Dog and ru4reals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
He was fine this season at camp.. let him make the team, do you need these scrubs like Grundstrom and Lewis when you have a consensus 5OA pick that was playing at same level as hughes, caufiled, zegras, boldy, york and he was considered 2nd to hughes. He has skills and they didnt let him show it.. they left in the A to continue racking up concussions

This season at camp has nothing to do with "letting his ELC expire" He wasn't healthy the past 2 years....

Reactions: Johnny Utah

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
This season at camp has nothing to do with "letting his ELC expire" He wasn't healthy the past 2 years....
So you are fine with how they've brought along Turcotte and Kaliyev.. thats cool. I think the they f***ed it up badly. The lack of opportunities, the lack of playing in the right position, the benching. All of it. The brainlessness of slow boil is no team makes the cup without young talent contributing. They are stuck in the pre-cap mentality born out the Detriot school of hockey in the 2000s... Koala pedigree and Blake likes Nashville slow boil. This is a broken franchise that needs to rebuild again.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
So you are fine with how they've brought along Turcotte and Kaliyev.. thats cool. I think the they f***ed it up badly. The lack of opportunities, the lack of playing in the right position, the benching. All of it. The brainlessness of slow boil is no team makes the cup without young talent contributing. They are stuck in the pre-cap mentality born out the Detriot school of hockey in the 2000s... Koala pedigree and Blake likes Nashville slow boil. This is a broken franchise that needs to rebuild again.

Absolutely fine with how they brought Turcotte along, and he's showing it finally as he's healthy, but not sure if playing a guy while injured is the best way to "develop" him.

Kaliyev played 40 AHL games, then a full season in the NHL then a bit more than half a season in the NHL how in the f*** is that slow boiling him? If anything they brought him way too f***ing soon, that's IF he's an actual NHL player, there are very very high doubts on that right now, yes, he can shoot, but again, bambi in the defensive zone with a low motor.....not the best combination.

Reactions: Wildturkey12

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Dallas was just the better team. Can't be mad. Unfortunate that Kaliyev continues to get the lowest ice time of all.

If he's not a fit, they should have done everyone a favor and trade him. No inside intel here, but I'd be shocked if he's still a King by the end of the draft. Maybe his teammate from juniors Jan Jenik will put in a good word and convince Arizona to trade a couple of their 13 picks for this year's draft.

Turcotte with 8ish minutes seems pretty silly considering how well he's played, too. Byfield also 5th in ice time.

I want to like Hiller and his decisions, but I just see a return to veteran dependency instead of understanding the pulse of the team.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Absolutely fine with how they brought Turcotte along, and he's showing it finally as he's healthy, but not sure if playing a guy while injured is the best way to "develop" him.

Kaliyev played 40 AHL games, then a full season in the NHL then a bit more than half a season in the NHL how in the f*** is that slow boiling him? If anything they brought him way too f***ing soon, that's IF he's an actual NHL player, there are very very high doubts on that right now, yes, he can shoot, but again, bambi in the defensive zone with a low motor.....not the best combination.
Kaliyev was stuck on the 4th line.. they gave Kempe what 5 seasons to figure it out? Kaliyev needs to be paired with a playmaker like a Fiala or Byfield not with plugs like lewis, jad and lizotte. Why was JAD getting reps over Turcotte ever? Plenty of times AT was healthy and they left him in the A part of last season and half of this season.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They're gonna get swept in the 1st round.

By Dallas this year. Talk about a horrible matchup. The stars shoot shoot and shoot some more, the Kings flounder and when the do get a Grade A chance, they shoot it over the net. The best chance in the 3rd didn't even count. Lost again to a backup , on a b2b too.

Last edited:
Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Dallas was just the better team. Can't be mad. Unfortunate that Kaliyev continues to get the lowest ice time of all.

If he's not a fit, they should have done everyone a favor and trade him. No inside intel here, but I'd be shocked if he's still a King by the end of the draft. Maybe his teammate from juniors Jan Jenik will put in a good word and convince Arizona to trade a couple of their 13 picks for this year's draft.

Turcotte with 8ish minutes seems pretty silly considering how well he's played, too. Byfield also 5th in ice time.

I want to like Hiller and his decisions, but I just see a return to veteran dependency instead of understanding the pulse of the team.
dallas 100% was just better, no dicing it up from me

that first period kinda solidifies the veteran dependency argument, he doesn't even trust his 4th line out there when leading. that's not good. i think aside from the first period (obviously) he was pretty fair to arty though, he made a really nice offensive play, he was sent right back out.. had a defensive lapse, sent him right back out. now, you probably should have been doing that for A LOT more of this season, but it seemed like maybe a bit of directed coaching his way for a change instead of cold shouldering

dallas just kept trucking em out there, 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 and it eventually hurt and then put down the kings amongst all of hiller's madness.. may be a lesson to be gleaned there.

Reactions: King'sPawn

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
HOME WINS:
RankTeamGPW
27Los Angeles Kings3113
28Montréal Canadiens3212
29Columbus Blue Jackets3312
30Chicago Blackhawks3211
31Anaheim Ducks3310
32San Jose Sharks3210

What? Were you expecting LA to play well? At home!?

That's not really their thing.

Kings only have 13 home wins this season. Columbus has 12. Sabres have 15. Coyotes 16. Think about that for a minute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad