GDT: 2023-24 season game 57 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:30pm 2/26/24

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That late goal at the end of the first , followed by the failed 5 on 3 [ against a team with only a 27 pct pk over the last 10 games] just killed the team. You just knew they'd get a pp goal eventually, even though it was a crap call. The Oilers should thank the fans for that call.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Last night was a really really well played road game........for 2 periods.....then it all went to hell, that early 3rd period goal, put them all back on their heels, never recovered,

Having said that, people in here are talking up EDM like they are something, they aren't, they have McDavid and Draisaitl, RNH and Kane.....and 4th liners.....LA probably won't win the cup, but neither will this team.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Last night was a really really well played road game........for 2 periods.....then it all went to hell, that early 3rd period goal, put them all back on their heels, never recovered,

Having said that, people in here are talking up EDM like they are something, they aren't, they have McDavid and Draisaitl, RNH and Kane.....and 4th liners.....LA probably won't win the cup, but neither will this team.
I'm not high on Edmonton but for the Kings they are a hurdle that needs to be cleared.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'm not high on Edmonton but for the Kings they are a hurdle that needs to be cleared.

100%.....but what was it 2 weeks ago we demolished them 4-0.......last night played 2 periods and you see what happened....it's not that they can't beat EDM, they absolutely can, but they beat themselves most of the time when the two play.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015

The high octane players are too much to handle for most teams. I would be curious how we would have fared with Mikey Anderson in the lineup. The first two periods were successful because the Kings were laying the body on them and the Oilers top players can't handle physicality. Its easy to play that way with the lead or tied, but I agree once the Kings had to chase the score, the game plan blew up.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I think that is underselling Hyman. He has been a very solid player for them.

On D - Ekholm is solid. And Bouchard seems to be progressing every month. I have no trust in Skinner but i do think the oilers are deeper than three forwards and all 4th liners.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The high octane players are too much to handle for most teams. I would be curious how we would have fared with Mikey Anderson in the lineup. The first two periods were successful because the Kings were laying the body on them and the Oilers top players can't handle physicality. Its easy to play that way with the lead or tied, but I agree once the Kings had to chase the score, the game plan blew up.
LA has shown they can beat them but you gotta take the game to them. Can't just play passive prevent.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think that is underselling Hyman. He has been a very solid player for them.

On D - Ekholm is solid. And Bouchard seems to be progressing every month. I have no trust in Skinner but i do think the oilers are deeper than three forwards and all 4th liners.

Maybe, Hyman has been a beneficiary of McDavid and Matthews his entire career, he 100% busts his ass and gets where he gets because of it....but if he's playing along side Kopitar, he's not 38 goal player, he just isnt

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
The reason I like to Byfield Turcotte PLD line is because two players drug the other one into the game. There’s no reason for that line to be broken up. It also offsets your super expensive contract with a rookie type contract.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Repeat after me: the LA Kings are not a contending team. They won’t be next year, nor the year after that. We need to gut management and start over around players like Byfield and Clarke.

Every loss now is a win 3+ years from now. This is the way.
Don't bother... it's all about Hall of Fame and other stuff i don't understand.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Maybe, Hyman has been a beneficiary of McDavid and Matthews his entire career, he 100% busts his ass and gets where he gets because of it....but if he's playing along side Kopitar, he's not 38 goal player, he just isnt

For sure, but he is also not a 4th liner. Takes skill to play with skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00