GDT: 2023-24 season game 56 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30pm 2/24/24

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
good string of wins and Hiller has shown he is fluid in his decision making for OT lineups and the shootout. Looking at standings it kills me how many regulations losses Kings had where getting the game into OT was almost formality with textbook coaching. Wont beat the horse but in that losing streak there were probably a good 4-5 points left on the table. moot point if Kings take care of their own business, Monday will be huge.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
So you're blaming a rookie for the Kings teamwide slump? He was far from the worst of the problems. It's on the job training for him, like any straight out of college rookie. His season is very much like when AI started with the Kings. He'll end up with about 25 points and be better next year.
i dont see how you read his post and interpreted as he was the reason for the slump. the kids all have to pay their dues yet laf some how is immune to it. AI is a very good comparable.

Reactions: psych3man

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
So, Kaliyev, same kid who missed 3-4 wide open shots last night? and Turcotte who has 1 NHL goal, and that was a bank in off the goalies ass....?

I get it, I want Kaliyev and Turcotte to succeed, Kaliyev played well last night, let's see 50 games of that vs 2 or 3, Turcotte, has played well, don't know why he didn't play last night...

But you want the kids to play, but only the kids you want to watch play, you'd rather have Laferriere in the AHL....than learning in the NHL ?

He's got more goals than Kaliyev, but he has to go down to learn to score?
Kaliyev has got a lower average TOI and 15 fewer games played. "More goals" is not a legitimate metric for this scenario and if you were a good faith poster you'd admit it. If Kaliyev had Laf's deployment he'd be outscoring him handily. Really what I want is for Kaliyev and Turcotte to get the same opportunity Laffy is getting. I suspect he's getting it because he's a right shot, not because his play on the top 6 deserves it.

Kaliyev played well last night and he's gripping his stick too tightly because he's been jerked around to the point where he probably thinks he has to be perfect to stay in the lineup. Don't you agree he would probably play looser if he had a secure spot? Clarke is playing like that too, silver lining of the Anderson injury is it forces him into the lineup everyday so he can find his way through it.

Turcotte's first goal was a top shelf dart over the blocker, not sure what you're talking about.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kaliyev has got a lower average TOI and 15 fewer games played. "More goals" is not a legitimate metric for this scenario and if you were a good faith poster you'd admit it. If Kaliyev had Laf's deployment he'd be outscoring him handily. Really what I want is for Kaliyev and Turcotte to get the same opportunity Laffy is getting. I suspect he's getting it because he's a right shot, not because his play on the top 6 deserves it.

Kaliyev played well last night and he's gripping his stick too tightly because he's been jerked around to the point where he probably thinks he has to be perfect to stay in the lineup. Don't you agree he would probably play looser if he had a secure spot? Clarke is playing like that too, silver lining of the Anderson injury is it forces him into the lineup everyday so he can find his way through it.

Turcotte's first goal was a top shelf dart over the blocker, not sure what you're talking about.
he's STRANGLING that f***in stick

who else have you ever seen miss a shot then almost break their stick on the boards? he thinks missing that shot is career-ending and i don't blame him because todd basically treated him that way. growth every game is what we're seeing right now. haven't seen anyone spin on the blue line and create a grade A like that outside of kempe and byfield

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
King's pick up 2 points on a night off.

Love 61,11,9! Lewis getting rewarded after getting stuck with JAD most of the game.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Watching Kaliyev last night man i feel so bad for him. Dudes confidence has cratered. He was trying so much yesterday but was completely over thinking everything. This organization ruined one of the rare snipers they got for not being a grinder. What a joke. I hope he puts it together and is given a real chance now that Todd is gone. And if it’s on another team I will hope he scores a goal every time he plays against the Kings. It’s so f***ed up.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kaliyev and coaches need to start working on his shot. He’s getting chances but missing the target.
Or maybe he's spending to much time working with the staff...

1708898048954.png

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Easy one first, Turcotte's first goal, I may be mistaken on, but I thought it was recent and it was a "dirty" goal....

As far as TOI....13:11 total TOI with 00:40 TOI on the PP for Laf, and 12:53 total TOI and 1:40 TOI on the PP for Kaliyev, not sure that's the best argument to make, if a total difference of 20 seconds is the difference.

Kaliyev absolutely is gripping his stick too tight, and has been jerked around, but when he gets those opportunities, he HAS to bury them, because that is supposedly his BEST asset, when you compare Laf and Kaliyev, Laf has the edge on EVERY facet of the game, except, goal scoring/shot etc, so when Kaliyev can't convert on the one thing he is good at.....what do you do?

I'm not arguing Kaliyev should sit, I think he should play more, that QB,PLD, and Kaliyev was dangerous...I want more of that, I'm saying sending Laf down to "learn how to score" while arguing that we should be playing the kids is a bit....ironic if I am gonna be nice.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
laf hasn't converted in a bit while getting favorable deployments, maybe he could stand to play down in depth for a while where the competition is easier and the expectations aren't the same. doesn't have to be trash one to pump up the other, maybe now you give turc the same fair shake you gave laf and are in the process of giving to kaliyev

i don't think JAD or lewis elevate themselves if moved up the lineup, i do think kaliyev and turc will. logical endpoint: sit one of laf, JAD, lewis for a period of time and give someone else a shot up there. kaliyev's getting that now with the PLDv2.0 line, you can simultaneously fidget with another line and still retain your strong 4th line/PK since you have lizotte in the lineup

Or maybe he's spending to much time working with the staff...

View attachment 825241
arty doesn't strike me as the molly type..

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Easy one first, Turcotte's first goal, I may be mistaken on, but I thought it was recent and it was a "dirty" goal....

As far as TOI....13:11 total TOI with 00:40 TOI on the PP for Laf, and 12:53 total TOI and 1:40 TOI on the PP for Kaliyev, not sure that's the best argument to make, if a total difference of 20 seconds is the difference.

Kaliyev absolutely is gripping his stick too tight, and has been jerked around, but when he gets those opportunities, he HAS to bury them, because that is supposedly his BEST asset, when you compare Laf and Kaliyev, Laf has the edge on EVERY facet of the game, except, goal scoring/shot etc, so when Kaliyev can't convert on the one thing he is good at.....what do you do?

I'm not arguing Kaliyev should sit, I think he should play more, that QB,PLD, and Kaliyev was dangerous...I want more of that, I'm saying sending Laf down to "learn how to score" while arguing that we should be playing the kids is a bit....ironic if I am gonna be nice.
Turcottes goal was a beautiful finish.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I feel like ive already written too much on kaliyev but id just like to add that his career trajectory and handling by the king is an outstanding reflection on exactly how f***ed up the kings organization is.

Really? Ok, so then if we are taking one player.....why Kaliyev, why not Byfield? Why not Mikey Andersson? Why not Alex Laferriere....why Kaliyev,

And to further that, at what point does a player take responsibility for their own career? I mean if the organization is so f***ed by career trajectorys and handling, why aren't Byfield, Andersson and Laf f***ed? Or are they?

Turcottes goal was a beautiful finish.

Fair enough, I must have been mistaken, I remember him being front and center in a jam/bank play some reason I thought that was his goal he got credited for

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
So you're blaming a rookie for the Kings teamwide slump? He was far from the worst of the problems. It's on the job training for him, like any straight out of college rookie. His season is very much like when AI started with the Kings. He'll end up with about 25 points and be better next year.
Where anywhere did he blame a rookie for a team wide slump??
This exaggerated drama of putting words and thoughts in other people's mouth they never said or thought gets tiring. Please stick to their literal words and meaning.

Reactions: Schrute farms

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021

No. Most teams will tend to remove their young first year players away from bad situations. There wasn't anything for him to learn from that locker room other than Losing Breeds Losing.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
No. Most teams will tend to remove their young first year players away from bad situations. There wasn't anything for him to learn from that locker room other than Losing Breeds Losing.

If that's the case, explain the Hawks , Ducks, Blue Jackets and other who are starting their top picks, all the while losing 7-8 games in a row and getting blown out most nights. That's sounds like a pretty bad situation to me.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
If that's the case, explain the Hawks , Ducks, Blue Jackets and other who are starting their top picks, all the while losing 7-8 games in a row and getting blown out most nights. That's sounds like a pretty bad situation to me.
Well, somebody's gotta play for those teams right?

Like somebody out there has gotta read your posts

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Wow, most horrible take I’ve read in a long time.

There’s nothing to learn or gain from adversity? You act like no other good team in the league had ever had a slump.

Should the Ducks send down all their youth because they lose every game?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wow, most horrible take I’ve read in a long time.

There’s nothing to learn or gain from adversity? You act like no other good team in the league had ever had a slump.

Should the Ducks send down all their youth because they lose every game?
Do you black out when you write your posts ?

• Haha
Reactions: tny760

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad