GDT: 2023-24 season game 56 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30pm 2/24/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
and what did QB do when he saw the ice? immediately won a battle in his own corner and surged ahead for a 2 on 1 the other way
Its not like QB isnt super responsible. He's your fastest skater most tenacious backchecker so why wouldnt you want him out there a lot.. in fact I cant think of anyone id want other more than him. Its mind boggling.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Its not like QB isnt super responsible. He's your fastest skater most tenacious backchecker so why wouldnt you want him out there a lot.. in fact I cant think of anyone id want other more than him. Its mind boggling.
I get starting Kopi because he's our best faceoff guy. but either put QB on his wing, or have QB's line as the next one up. no reason not to

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Shots and wins be damned, that was not a winning effort against a playoff-caliber team.

Take the two points & run boys, maybe remember the finer points of the game sometime before the post season.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I fell asleep within the first 10 minutes of puck drop and woke up more sick than yesterday.

f*** my life so hard.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
pX0UVyW.png
Confirming the eye test of how useless Laferriere really is...play Turcotte dammit...bring down Laferriere for Thomas (or Fagemo)

Confirming the eye test of how useless Laferriere really is...play Turcotte dammit...bring down Laferriere for Thomas (or Fagemo)

Reactions: lumbergh

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kaliyev had two grade A scoring chances and shot wide on both. That is NOT how that kind of player is going to stick in the lineup. TM is long gone...so what's the excuse now?

Reactions: Johnny Utah

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017

he's not useless but he's also not this untouchable golden boy that the coaching staff thinks he is. its no wonder PLD couldn't get anything going with him cause the kopitar line isn't doing anything with him either.

Reactions: psych3man and 21Dog

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
JFC this board is truly bipolar,

Play the kids, you gotta play the kids, we aren't gonna be much of anything if you don't play the kids, gotta play the kids...

Kids are being played....

Holy f*** why are they playing kids, they are borderine useless, we need real players in the lineup, these guys suck, didn't even bring their f***ing toys....

I get it, you want them to play the kids, but you only want them to play the kids that you want to see, if it's not Turcotte or Kaliyev, you don't wanna see the kids play...

Reactions: kingsfan28

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
JFC this board is truly bipolar,

Play the kids, you gotta play the kids, we aren't gonna be much of anything if you don't play the kids, gotta play the kids...

Kids are being played....

Holy f*** why are they playing kids, they are borderine useless, we need real players in the lineup, these guys suck, didn't even bring their f***ing toys....

I get it, you want them to play the kids, but you only want them to play the kids that you want to see, if it's not Turcotte or Kaliyev, you don't wanna see the kids play...
We want to see the kids that are good at hockey and part of the team's future, put in positions to succeed, in the lineup over worse players. It's not complicated.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
So you don't think Laferriere is that player?
I think he is misused currently, yeah. If they want him to be on a scoring line maybe he needs to be in the AHL learning how to score. In that case I want him replaced in the meantime with a kid who can score like Kaliyev or Turcotte. If they want him to be an energy/grinder guy, he should displace Lewis for a while.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kaliyev was good last night, he keeps playing like that, he will be fine...
Oh, I'm sure he'll be fine...just like I was sure Turcotte and Byfield would be fine. However, he hasn't been very good this season and he's been held out of the lineup because of it...not because the org has some secret vendetta against him. The kind of player he is, he has to get those shots on goal and he didn't do that last night when he had the opportunities -- so if he's scratched next game, THAT is the reason why.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ibleedkings

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'll never understand why they kept Laferriere up the entire time from mid-December while the team's situation was slowly deteriorating after every single game.

Oh yeah- forgot. He has a rare skill, right shooting RW.

So you're blaming a rookie for the Kings teamwide slump? He was far from the worst of the problems. It's on the job training for him, like any straight out of college rookie. His season is very much like when AI started with the Kings. He'll end up with about 25 points and be better next year.

Reactions: mysterman2

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I'll never understand why they kept Laferriere up the entire time from mid-December while the team's situation was slowly deteriorating after every single game.

Oh yeah- forgot. He has a rare skill, right shooting RW.

And.....proved my point...appreciate that.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think he is misused currently, yeah. If they want him to be on a scoring line maybe he needs to be in the AHL learning how to score. In that case I want him replaced in the meantime with a kid who can score like Kaliyev or Turcotte. If they want him to be an energy/grinder guy, he should displace Lewis for a while.

So, Kaliyev, same kid who missed 3-4 wide open shots last night? and Turcotte who has 1 NHL goal, and that was a bank in off the goalies ass....?

I get it, I want Kaliyev and Turcotte to succeed, Kaliyev played well last night, let's see 50 games of that vs 2 or 3, Turcotte, has played well, don't know why he didn't play last night...

But you want the kids to play, but only the kids you want to watch play, you'd rather have Laferriere in the AHL....than learning in the NHL ?

He's got more goals than Kaliyev, but he has to go down to learn to score?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00