GDT: 2023-24 season game 55 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @7:30pm 2/22/24

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not gonna make a big deal out of this because we would have lost anyway, but I'd like to know the logic of pulling the goalie that early. Every time the opponent gets the puck they can take their chances on shooting at the net. I don't see the reward in letting them have more than three minutes of time to do that.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
FkW54XS.png

yeah that was pretty much what it looked like for clarke

rough night at the office

Reactions: chris kontos

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
FkW54XS.png

yeah that was pretty much what it looked like for clarke

rough night at the office
Clarke had a rough night. Yikes. Just forget this game and don't lose to the Sucks. Because the three games after the Ducks will be extremely tough.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Clarke had a rough night. Yikes. Just forget this game and don't lose to the Sucks. Because the three games after the Ducks will be extremely tough.

Yup, that is a bigger game than it would have been had they won tonight. You don’t want to go on that swing with 2 losses to non-playoff teams.

I wish Calgary was not the back to back game on this trip, they are the easiest out but will be tough on a back to back.

Reactions: ru4reals

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Annoying game, not going to draw a lot of conclusions tonight. Not going to play the Preds anymore times this season, so losing a 4 point game sucks. Had their chances throughout the game, Laffy and Lewis breakaways, Kaliyev 2 on 1 they didn't convert. Just wasn't their night. Beat the Ducks on Saturday to make up for it

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Last 6 games Moore 1A, Danault 2A Kempe and Kopitar are generaly cold lately aside from a couple of bright moments. None of the lines are clicking. If they can get Kaliyev going that would be a coup.. give him some time in the top 6 and see what happens - i dont care about how he was in the past let him skate out from that Koala generated cloud over his head. Lets face it, no one knows what to do with this roster... Koala hadnt a clue, Hiller is experimenting - but Lizotte on a wing with Byfield and PLD.. thats pin the tail on a lineup. If you're going to line scramble try this - hasnt been tried before:

55-80-22
9-11-34
12-24-78
61-38-46

Kings are sucking on breakouts lately too.. passing tonite was terrible. I believe Spence is missed in that area. They need to get him in there with Clarke somehow.

Edit: In case JHiller reads this, there are actually 220 different line combos you could make from 12 players, so you better think it through and not try every permutation : )

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kings got a good look at a legit #1 goalie in Saros. If he’s available, they should go all in.

I agree, but I think we also have to accept the fact that it would probably be Kempe going the other way, as it's really the only thing value and cap wise that makes any sense for both teams. Saros is not some 34 year old they are going to get for cheap, he is in his prime and they will get at least two kicks at the can with him before UFA, but Nashville has to get the crease to Askarov soon, he's to good to be toiling in the AHL much longer.

The Kings obviously are going to need a #1 goalie to have a chance to go deep, but it's also tough for a team that really lacks many high-end offensive talents to trade a guy who has 35 and 41 goals the previous two seasons, and is currently leading the team in scoring. If they do trade for Saros they need to be willing to commit a big extension to him after his contract expires after the 2024/2025 season.

Reactions: tbrown33

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Last 6 games Moore 1A, Danault 2A Kempe and Kopitar are generaly cold lately aside from a couple of bright moments. None of the lines are clicking. If they can get Kaliyev going that would be a coup.. give him some time in the top 6 and see what happens - i dont care about how he was in the past let him skate out from that Koala generated cloud over his head. Lets face it, no one knows what to do with this roster... Koala hadnt a clue, Hiller is experimenting - but Lizotte on a wing with Byfield and PLD.. thats pin the tail on a lineup. If you're going to line scramble try this - hasnt been tried before:

55-80-22
9-11-34
12-24-78
61-38-46

Kings are sucking on breakouts lately too.. passing tonite was terrible. I believe Spence is missed in that area. They need to get him in there with Clarke somehow.

Edit: In case JHiller reads this, there are actually 220 different line combos you could make from 12 players, so you better think it through and not try every permutation : )

I think we ought to keep Turcotte with Dubois and Byfield. He’s the motor and will allow Byfield to do a lot more. It’s unorthodox but I think we have an opportunity to stick Fiala with Lizotte and Lewis and let Fiala do whatever he wants.

Laferriere - Kopitar - Kempe
Dubois - Byfield - Turcotte
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
Fiala - Lizotte - Lewis

Reactions: GameNight

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think we ought to keep Turcotte with Dubois and Byfield. He’s the motor and will allow Byfield to do a lot more. It’s unorthodox but I think we have an opportunity to stick Fiala with Lizotte and Lewis and let Fiala do whatever he wants.

Fiala - Lizotte - Lewis
Lol re Fiala on the 4th line..but he has hurt the team a lot this season. This roster is like a defective rubics cube that can never have a solution... its just not well constructed. The one line that was reliable was 12-24-33 and thats out the window due to RV injury woes. Its truly a mess thats not close to being resolved.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Fiala - Lizotte - Lewis

Not enough talent elsewhere to have two guys who just aren't going to be able to consistently contribute Top 6 production in the Top 6, maybe you can get away with one, but not both. Laf and Turcotte have a combined 8 goals and 19 points in 75 NHL games, they can be useful pieces for this team in depth roles, but not Top 6 on a team trying to win. You got have Fiala with finishers, he's completely wasted with Lizotte and Lewis. There has been a lot of bad lately with him, but he can also provide much needed good (offense) for a team that will need to score goals in the playoffs.

Reactions: GameNight

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad