GDT: 2023-24 season game 51 LA Kings vs New Jersey Devils @4:00pm 2/15/24

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Holy f*** the officiating was horrible for both sides, who were these dipshit referees? Called up from the ECHL? NJ looked awful, especially on the PP. Almost any other team in the league makes the Kings pay with that many PP's. Q is a beast, I believe he could have 1C potential.

RV had major life. Show's the difference between a fresh player to guys that are running the gauntlet of a long season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He has been playing very well under a new coach since the break. I am all for seeing what he will do in the 2 nd half.

I might’ve hated the trade more than anyone else on this board but at the end of the day we don’t have any other realistic option. Hopefully the first half of the season was an anomaly and McLellan was asking PLD to do something he was just incapable of doing.

The bottom line is this: QB has to be our 1C moving forward, so decide which of Kopitar, Dubois, and Danault is going to switch to wing or really commit to four lines.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Moore - Dubois - Arvidsson
Turcotte - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Laferriere - Danault - Lewis

While we’re at it, we need Clarke to play hard minutes. Put him in those positions right now so that he can shine should we make the playoffs.

Gavrikov - Clarke
Anderson - Doughty
Englund/Roy - Spence

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I might’ve hated the trade more than anyone else on this board but at the end of the day we don’t have any other realistic option. Hopefully the first half of the season was an anomaly and McLellan was asking PLD to do something he was just incapable of doing.

The bottom line is this: QB has to be our 1C moving forward, so decide which of Kopitar, Dubois, and Danault is going to switch to wing or really commit to four lines.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

While we’re at it, we need Clarke to play hard minutes. Put him in those positions right now so that he can shine should we make the playoffs.

Gavrikov - Clarke
Anderson - Doughty
Englund/Roy - Spence
I like it, but Drew will say Ha

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Gavrikov - Clarke
Anderson - Doughty
Englund/Roy - Spence
I just don't see the love affair some posters have with Clarke like he's the 2nd coming or something...he's weak Defensively, a poor skater and really doesn't generate much Offense by my books, though I could be way off here

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I just don't see the love affair some posters have with Clarke like he's the 2nd coming or something...he's weak Defensively, a poor skater and really doesn't generate much Offense by my books, though I could be way off here
The potential is there. Obviously he's got some rope due to the fact that he's a rookie playing in his 16th game, but the results have not been super pretty so far. His power play assist last night was a good sign. He's adjusting to the higher level of play.

He's very young (just turned 21 a week ago). Just gonna have to be patient with him. Your patience will be rewarded, I think.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
It's become as plain as day that Byfield should be a C. His skill and size dictate that. Also, Spence shouldn't have to sit just so Clarke can get in the lineup.

Why does everything have to be so painfully obvious all the time? Rebuild yesterday. Play this player here, don't play this player there. Get a LD, get a goaltender! Fire the coach!

They still have a clear surplus at RD- 4 guys who should play and only 2 guys at LD who should play. This scenario that happens over and over again. Is it not obvious that Roy and whatever he could bring back should be automagically turned into a LD like ASAP? Matt Roy has served his purpose.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I noticed this too. Maybe the answer is them paired together…

would definitely make those 8 years a lot less painful if it would work because it looked good yesterday, that's a lot of big skilled puck protection dude on one line.

The version of PLD of the last few games is the one I thought we'd be getting frankly, the 50-60 point guy, a little floaty, but at least good in puck protection and a little spicy, can help turn a shift through holding the puck. Still some selfish plays and dumbass turnovers but far minimized compared to before

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
would definitely make those 8 years a lot less painful if it would work because it looked good yesterday, that's a lot of big skilled puck protection dude on one line.

The version of PLD of the last few games is the one I thought we'd be getting frankly, the 50-60 point guy, a little floaty, but at least good in puck protection and a little spicy, can help turn a shift through holding the puck. Still some selfish plays and dumbass turnovers but far minimized compared to before
I have to agree he has been much better and it’s all but in. Hopefully his interest can be maintained.

Reactions: dman3474

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Knee jerk. It's just one game, but based on that one game I'd think about Arvidson a 1 yr equal money, have a do over re-sign. Show us and everyone else you can be relatively injury free.

The Moore/Danault/Arvidson line is one of the things McLellan got right. Ideally, they are a 3rd line next year if..

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hughes is such a punk. Throws a fit, smashes the glass, breaks his stick then throws it on the ice...and nobody saw this?Thats always been a 2 and a 10. He didn't get the superstar treatment two years ago doing the same thing. Then his "people come to watch me play" comment to Arvi as he goes to the box...😄

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He has excelled offensively in every league hes played in a very big way. Im noticing that he has to get used to the pace of the NHL. Theres not nearly as much time and space to do the plays he did in lower leagues. Last night was a good example of him adapting just flinging a shot on net instead of getting a cross ice pass picked off.
He will get there. Defensively he has much more to work on though.

Reactions: lumbergh

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Knee jerk. It's just one game, but based on that one game I'd think about Arvidson a 1 yr equal money, have a do over re-sign. Show us and everyone else you can be relatively injury free.

The Moore/Danault/Arvidson line is one of the things McLellan got right. Ideally, they are a 3rd line next year if..
I’m not disagreeing but who’d you then realistically move to find the cap space for QB who is getting paid. Danault is the easiest guy with cap hit to trade and get value. Personally I’d trade both (+ Roy) regroup and go again.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
I’m not disagreeing but who’d you then realistically move to find the cap space for QB who is getting paid. Danault is the easiest guy with cap hit to trade and get value. Personally I’d trade both (+ Roy) regroup and go again.
Yeah like that year they shipped Smolinsky and Schneider out on deadline day. I'd go that way on deadline day depending where we are, but we know Blake understands his "job is dependent on wins & loses" so not likely to happen.

Again, needs to be excruciatingly painfully obvious to these people running the show

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hughes is such a punk. Throws a fit, smashes the glass, breaks his stick then throws it on the ice...and nobody saw this?Thats always been a 2 and a 10. He didn't get the superstar treatment two years ago doing the same thing. Then his "people come to watch me play" comment to Arvi as he goes to the box...😄

No different from Zegras. The sense of entitlement from these flashy, little punks is off the charts. Its exactly why I made that comment about Byfield early on on this thread. He waited until he earned it before showing off that little tiny bit of swagger we are starting to see.

The game kind of got lost up its own ass over the last few years. Tortorella is giving everyone sage advice. Hockey is won by will, not skill. Pampering those who put themselves above the game does progressively more damage as time goes on. Its why Greig deserved to have his clock cleaned, why those who try the Michigan deserve a crack in the ribs. You aren't just showing off your skills, you are lowering the bar for those kids watching at home, and the next generation sees you getting away with shit that should not be tolerated.

A game where Zegras, Hughes and Fiala types are the norm is not worth watching.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Probably again.

We all talk out of our ****** so now and than but you seem to do it a lot.

According to you; a serviceable 4th liner [Lewis] is a never-will-be, has-been and just plain garbage.

Philly was a bottom feeder.

Byfield should have been traded in a deal for Hellebuyck.

and a lot more gems (to lazy to sum them all up)

Now it’s Clarke’s turn.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

I could get behind this version of PLD. I think we all wanted a physical, imposing center that was a bit more durable throughout the year. If he can maintain this level of play, the points will also come. This team should start trending back in the right direction with a little more confidence.

Reactions: kinghock

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
All the 14 year old Jack Hughes fan girls are embarrassing themselves on the kings twitter post.

I thought Jack has generally been a pretty soft spoken offensive star

Last night he was the biggest f***ing baby the league has seen in a long time and he def deserved more penalties for it, can't believe the refs indulged that

Not sure what that was all about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad