GDT: 2023-24 season game 51 LA Kings vs New Jersey Devils @4:00pm 2/15/24

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Fiala is an embarrassment.

You can't have him out their when you're trying to hold a lead because he'll either put you on the PK or make an idiotic turnover.
Second highest goals against per 60 minutes at even strength amongst Kings forwards when the Kings are up by 1.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I did not expect a Kings-Devils game to be that entertaining. Shockingly physical by modern Kings standards. 3rd game in a row PLD looks like an actual NHL player, did this guy just decide before the season that he was gonna kill Todd before starting to actually play or what?
PLD a real Kings fan

IMG_5812.jpeg

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I know this won't happen but do you think if the kings waived PLD another team would take him? I know Blake can't and won't do that but the kings have to get rid of that contract.
He has been playing very well under a new coach since the break. I am all for seeing what he will do in the 2 nd half.

Reactions: kilowatt
He has been playing very well under a new coach since the break. I am all for seeing what he will do in the 2 nd half.

Lol completely impossible in 100 different ways
I wasn't taking about what will happen but a hypothetical. I guess that's a pointless exercise. Best case is PLD performs to a level that makes him tradeable in the off-season when there is a new GM.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't like the PLD and Fiala comparison. One is a dynamic player with emotion that takes dumb penalties at times because he's thin skinned. The other is a big lazy guy who contributes when he's (somewhat) motivated and takes lazy penalties because he's lazy. Fiala will fight through a check or a hook and do something stupid. The other falls down all the time when nothing is going on and then uses his size to obstruct someone because that's the most convenient avenue for him.
One is the dumbest player in the NHL, the other is the laziest player in the NHL.

One is the dumbest player in the NHL, the other is the laziest player in the NHL.

It's of course semantics but I would argue that FIala is reckless both with his offensive play and him taking selfish penalties. Fiala wasn't a problem last year until he got hurt which hurt the Kings offense. Even then I had compared Fiala to Arvidsson with their reckless offensive play. The difference between this year and last with Fiala is more recklessness and less finish. The points were commensurate up until a few weeks ago. But no doubt Fiala has been much more of a loose cannon this year.

PLD has been a net negative since he started this season in terms of pay, play and production. Apples and oranges as far as I'm considered.

Reactions: RocketKing

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Missed most of the game. Great win holy smokes a team worst than us for one night I'll take it. Lol. I did see cry baby Hughes throw a little fit.

Anyways anyone mention first win when Clarke is in the line up!!! Can we get a win against them ugly bears. I hate the Bruins so much.

Last edited:

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Solid game. Need more scoring, but got it done. Mercer face first into the boards was funny. Q. Hughes absolutely losing it. Played chippy the whole game & got under their skin.

Chemistry off from the new combos & line juggling. It'll get better.

Held onto a lead.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jesus Christ is Jack Hughes always such a little bitch

Like the chirp after getting dummied and breaking his stick and throwing it on the ice with no penalty and on and on and on

Danault is Handzus replicated. If the kings are going to tear it down you keep him. I'm sure DL would agree.

There are precious few guys on this squad who would fit in with the 2012 - 2014 Kings but Danault would have been all up in there. Arvidsson and Moore would be their JV squad. No one else could tie their skates, mayyyybe Kempe would have been consistently fiery with those guys around...22 and unders are TBA of course.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
did foxy for real just say that they have PLD on a good boy points system?

Thought he said it was for the entire team....maybe I misheard it, but when guys aren't producing, it's a nice system to show contributions as well.....some guys need that extra boost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad