GDT: 2023-24 season game 49 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 2/10/24

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Thats such tripe. What does that even mean - all about wins and losses.. if thats his euphemism for playing the vets than it all makes sense.. Just Koala 2.0. The reason you have an 82 game season is try out a few things along the way. These morons dont think the kids can handle it thats their big blind spot. Your little pet Koala hasnt learned that in 15 years of head coaching and thats why he's unemployed again.
The youngest player on the team has been stapled to the 1st line for past 80+ games. Settle down, turbo.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The youngest player on the team has been stapled to the 1st line for past 80+ games. Settle down, turbo.
well he's been there across 2 seasons.. results didnt come right away. Clarke was dazzling in that one game when he was given some slack to be creative.. wouldnt it be nice to get him involved more? It looks like more of the same to me so far.. jury def still out but Hiller needs to think about how to inject more hunger and creativity onto the team. I think Clarke has that. Let QB and Clarke emerge as a new vanguard for the team this season.. no reason to wait.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
PL calling for a change and then going for a big hit... honestly that play would get me in the dog house on my beer league team. Another totally unacceptable play but I will say the guy actually seemed to give a shit tonight.
lol, like a beer league has any structure even close to the best league in hockey is laughable.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Super alternative theory, but maybe the kings got a call on trading Turcotte and word came down from above to sit them for the rest of the game. Now that I have got to play conspiracy theorist, the kid may have pulled something and they saw him as a precaution. Who knows what happened, in the back room none of us will really have a clue. But sometimes I find guessing fun.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Couldn't watch the game in real time. Friend texted me & made it sound like they blew a 2-0 lead, but Lewis scored at least. Been really down. Team is good & just no fight.

Demolished those clowns!!!!! McDummy getting stripped & ending the game buried after whacking the goalie. Team fought back!!! Grundström just owns Nurse for some reason. Absolutely love taking all the penalties & putting out the first ranked PK to shutdown the Oilers. 😂

Turcotte could have gotten more time, but new coach, crazy number of penalties & juggling the lines. He'll get more ice time.

Don't let off the gas!!!!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
well he's been there across 2 seasons.. results didnt come right away. Clarke was dazzling in that one game when he was given some slack to be creative.. wouldnt it be nice to get him involved more? It looks like more of the same to me so far.. jury def still out but Hiller needs to think about how to inject more hunger and creativity onto the team. I think Clarke has that. Let QB and Clarke emerge as a new vanguard for the team this season.. no reason to wait.
There would be no reason to wait if they were out of the playoffs but they aren’t. He was always going to focus on intensity first, it’s what I expected anyway. It was missing and is one of the easiest things to fix. Based on player comments it sounds like he articulated things in a different way with the focus on fun.

I’ve been saying all year that Clarke should play but I wouldn’t expect him to start with multiple changes from game one. Things will evolve and Clarke will get his shot… I hope. I agree he’s the futter and want to see him in a key role soon.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
There was a rumor recently of Turcotte and Kayilev for Kaapo Kakko. Seems like an overpayment.
I'm going to assume this is total internet rumor bullshit...

Kakko has struggled this year (7pts in 31 games) after having a 40-point season last year. Hard to imagine such a high draft pick struggling so bad when they were thrust in NHL bypassing dev time in the AHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Utah

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
What I don't get is if Turc gets benched for jumping the boards early, shouldn't the same apply to Kopitar for calling for the change and then playing the puck?
First of all, you have zero clue that is the reason Turcotte didn't play rest of the game. Secondly, does Turcotte have 1000+ games played in the NHL....1000+ points....2 stanley cups? Why on earth would you think those two should be treated equally? I would really love to understand that.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Byfield's steal on McDavid that setup his assist to Lewis was 🤌
Behold the magnificence and bask in His glory...
Byfield.jpg
Byfield.jpg

Last edited:

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Yah the people who screamed from mountaintops that Byfield is a bust are putting ME on ignore. Hmm, wonder why.
Because you are playing a character, some odd super fan number one who can't handle the slightest criticism of his beloved Kings. You are more interested in beefing with people here and pretending to be smarter than everyone than actually discussing the team. It wears people down man.

Reactions: Schrute farms

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Yah the people who screamed from mountaintops that Byfield is a bust are putting ME on ignore. Hmm, wonder why.
You have a post there celebrating Byfield, and instead of just going with it and joining in the praise, you're here replying something along the lines of, Haha all of you were wrong, take that. Yeah, people can be wrong about stuff, it happens. You're out here like a broken record making sure people don't forget that they were wrong about anything and just brings the whole discussion down.

Reactions: YAYSAY

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3